You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Ghost Hunting Gone Scary

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Hunting Gone Scary

 

My profile tells of the history of my house.

My cousin, Mary, and I love seeing ghost so every time she spends the night at my house, we go ghost hunting at about 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning. Most of the time, we see our Granny walking around, we hear someone say "Boo!" or we hear a loud bang. Well, one night we did it, I think the ghost got a little bit upset with us.

It was about 2:30 or so. We grabbed my lantern and turned out all of the lights. At first, there was nothing big going on. We walked around, but saw nothing. We decided to sit on the couch in my living room and talk for a little bit. Then, by our window, we saw a cloudy, white figure walk in front of the window and past the wall. We were a little freaked out, but not too bad.

Then, we sat or a little while longer. We had all of the lights completely off and no one else was down there with us. I was just sitting there for a little bit and then all of a sudden the living room light went on and then went off. I looked over and Mary was still right beside me, and no one else was with us, as I stated before.

We heard noises and everything so I decided to tell the ghost or ghosts to give us a sign that it was there with us.

"Pull Mary's hair or clothes or something," I told it.

Nothing happened. We decided to check the computer for a second because we got bored of sitting there. We turned on the computer room light and we were on it for about five minutes. We started again. I tried to turn on the lantern, but it would not go on. My dad already put new batteries in it before and they were just bought batteries. It was turned on all the way, but it still would not turn on.

"Turn on!" I said somewhat quietly.

The lantern then turned on. Mary was starting to get freaked out. I did not really think of it.

"That was the sign," Mary told me. We went into the living room again and sat down. I wanted to find out if the ghost were really with us. I turned it off.

"If there is anyone with us, then when I try to turn this lantern back on make sure it stays off," I said with confidence.

Sure enough, the lantern stayed off. We tried it a few more times, and it still would not stay on.

It was about 3:15, 3:30, or so, so we decided to call it a night. I went to turn the light back on, but then the room started getting very cold. I sat back down by Mary. I made Mary come with me to turn the light on. Then, the stove door opened and then banged shut by itself with no one down there but us. We were sure that the ghosts did not want us to stop.

"I'm sorry, ghosts," we told it. "Please don't be mad. We just do not feel like ghost hunting anymore tonight. We've been at it for almost an hour..."

After we said that, I turned the lights back on and nothing happened for the rest of the night.

Other hauntings by ghostlover13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostlover13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
troyarn,
Umm... Did you get my story mixed up with another one?
Lol

Well, thanks for reading (maybe) my story.
😁
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Sometimes when two people shower the hot water does that. Weird, but true. Thanks, though.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
leentjehk,
Haha, well you just have to be careful and make sure the spirit (s) is/are good. I knew that they were good because it was my granny.

Thats how my parents are, they NEVER believe me. No one (besides SOME of my friends) believes me. Thats why I found this website. 😊

There was once when there was writing on the tv (once I can publish a story, it'll be my next one after the holidays) and I took a pic of it and my cousin (the one in the story above) believed that it was me who did it. Oh well, her loss. 😊

Take care! ❀
leentjehk (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
Wow! Awsome that you have the guts to go ghosthunting! I'm too much of a chicken so I just talk to them, say goodnight and tell em to leave my brother alone πŸ˜†. You've also found a friend who wants to go with you, waaw=D.

Here, in my country, my friends would laugh at me (or at least giggle) if I told them what was going on. They "like to live by reality" I guess. Haha! What they don't know!

You're a cool ghosthunter so I'm going to read your next story.

Bye, bye Helene ❀
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
hey, I'm thinking of going ghost haunting, does any expert in this advice me somehitng, and what should I take...

My e-mail is insane-nymph[at]hotmail[dot]com
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Francois,
PLEASE get on the chatroom. Me & Kat are bored. 😊 haha. But really. Get on. Thank you. 😁 😁
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Francois come to the chat room pleas. You wanted to talk to me earleir. Can you come rite now. Thank you
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Francois,
I would like to get someone to see if my house is really haunted, but I can't because my parents don't believe me. 😒

Thank you for reading my stories. 😊
Francois (220 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Greetings,

Hey Ghostlover13, your house sounds like a good place for paranormal researchers. And you seem pretty brave to talk to spirits without jumping and screaming. Due to your experience with spirits, I recommend you join a paranormal investigation team. You will make a great addition, no doubt.

Thank you for sharing the story and I cannot wait to hear and read more. God bless, deus vobiscum and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Katona1700s,
I am in the chat room, but you are not on. Anyone else that reads this, get on please. 😊
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
can someone go to the chat room please. I want to make a couple of friends, I feel lonely here
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Kaitlan,
I know, you have had a lot of experiences at my house. I think it is awesome! My house is scary, but I wouldn't say the scariest. 😊

Ominousnyxx,
I know 2/4 of the ghost are my granny and my grandpa. I know that those two are not evil. The little boy in my house just sits in a reflection of the dishwasher, but you can't see him. Other places he will be is in the downstairs closet. The little girl, though, is very, very, scary. I will definatly post one frightening story about her soon.

ChrisB,
I love to go ghost hunting! As long as I have a friend with me. πŸ˜‰ It is very scary, but also a lot of fun! I say that you should go for it! It really is worth it. Just as long as the spirit isn't evil. Make sure of that.

Biemaster,
I am 13 years old. I love ghost hunting (as I stated before) It is very scary, but that is why I do that. I will sure do more ghost hunting, but if it isn't like this, then I won't post it. I am waiting on them to publish two more stories that I wrote and soon I will write some more.

Thank you for reading my story and I will definatly post more. ❀
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Good story and well written! Ghost hunting is pretty scary! I wonder how you all do it?! By the way, how many years old are you? If you do any more ghost hunting, please keep informing us!

Biemaster
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Wow I liked this story. It is a very scary story. I have to say that you are one strong person. Going ghost hunting at a very young age is something I would never do. I still am thinking about going ghost hunting but I'm still thinking about it. I hope to heart from you soon and take care
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
Good story, I understood it. Lol
Just make sure that sometimes when you think that a ghost is a ghost, don't they could be something very sinister and evil.

It's like going to a zoo and then get told that the lion is very friendly and when you realise that you start provoking it and then it lashes out at you.

I'm just saying that not everything is what they seem and if anyone tell you other wise, think for it yourself, not let other people think for you.

Otherworldly beings are not to be tampered with. The only reason why some spirits stay earthbound is because of unfinished business or great anger/emotion.
kaitlan (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
this happens to be your best f riend commenting you. 😊
Your house is seriously one of the scariest houses I've ever been in and I've seen the ghosts in your house quite a few times my self.
This is a really great story and very well written. 😊
❀ Kaitlan
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
Ha. Yes I am a teenager. I have only had this thing since yesterday. My brother has seen all of these things too. I just need to get the hang of writing down my stories. More will be posted soon. 😊
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
i take it you are young and haven't mastered the art of writing a story yet-none the less-keep on trying you will get better at it-as long as the stories are real. You guys should not go looking for ghosts and not want to 'play ' when they answer your call-Some don't take 'no' as an answer.

Be safe-
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
You must be comfortable contacting spirits because you have lived with them for so long. I live in a very old house (1886) but to date I can honestly say if there is something here it keeps a low profile. While I have had some experiences there is nothing concrete. You sound like you are a teenager so I will have to say it's possible some of the phenomenon may be of your own doing. Of course you could also be sensitive and what you have experienced could be because of having the gift. You don't seem frightened which is good so you may end up being a real investigator some day. Good hunting.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Esha,
I am sorry my story was confusing, but I tried my best. It was more of a you-had-to-be-there type of thing. It was very hard to explain in words. Sorry. 😒

BigPatti87,
We normally don't see much action, but that night we had a lot of activity. I'm used to seeing ghosts though because we moved into that house 2 weeks after I was born. Then as I got older, the more stuff that happened to me instead of to my brother. 😒 I have been studying more about ghost, though... But it still does confuse me a little bit.
bigpatti87 (2 stories) (39 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Thats why ghost hunting is scary... But sometimes that's the way they are... Hopefully next time they will decide to come out a little earlier lol but really maybe you will get luck and they will communicate in some way next time... Dont be fooled though it is scary and somewhat dangerous to go looking for something you don't know much about but play it safeyou should be fine... Great story and keep us posted.

God Bless,
BigPatti πŸ˜‰
esha (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
only thing I can say is huh! I was preplexed through out the entire story! But maybe its just me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: