You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who Is Tickling Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Is Tickling Me?

 

This story takes place in, St. Louis, Mo, the house I grew up in. If you have read my bio, then you know that the house I grew up in had a lot of poltergeist activity and we also experienced a lot of paranormal activity.

First I would like to explain that we had an aunt that loved to tickle us kids. Sadly, my aunt passed away a few years before this incident. This incident took place when I was only about nine years old, if I recall correctly. My parents had gone to a dance that night. My sisters, Ana and Rosa, and my toddler cousin Anna Laura and I all slept in the living room floor. We laid out covers and made a bed. We were all laying in a row it was: Rosa on the edge, then me, Ana, and Anna Laura. '

In the middle of the night, my sister woke me up and asked, "Jasmine are you tickling me?" I answered no, Rosa, I am sleeping..."

She did not believe me and got really angry and said, "If you don't stop tickling me, I am going to make you go upstairs and sleep alone..." That would have been terrible since we were all terrified to sleep alone in our house.

I ignored her because I knew I wasn't tickling her, so I turned back over and went to sleep. Again, I'm not sure how much later since I was sleeping, but she woke me up again. She whispered, "Jasmine! That hurts! Stop tickling me!" I reacted and said, "Rosa, I am not tickling you I swear..." I was so afraid since I had no idea who was tickling my sister and I was afraid of sleeping upstairs alone.

It wasn't Ana or Anna Laura, because they were passed out. I cried to my sister and said, "Please don't make me go upstairs. It wasn't me..." At that, she believed me and said, "Fine go to sleep..." I think she realized that she was just scaring me, so she stopped.

We woke up the next morning to Rosa's cries. She cried that her stomach hurt so badly, as if someone punched her. My mother happened to be in the kitchen and walked in on her crying. My mother asked what happened, and my sister told her that all night someone was tickling her and it hurt so bad that she couldn't sleep.

She explained that she had blamed it on me and then realized I wasn't the one doing it. My mother asked her to lift up her shirt, and when she did, we were terrified. My sister's ribs had red finger and handprints on them.

Anyone have comments?

Other hauntings by Jasmin314

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jasmin314, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TheParanormal_Cat (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-03)
Your sister must be freaking out! I've been experiencing being tickled by a spirit lately, it doesn't hurt much. I think that ghost tickling your sister is trying to be harmful, not playful... I'm glad she's alright! <3
scribbl3r (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
This reminds me of the dreams I used to have as a kid. Growing up, my dad would tickle me from time to time, just being silly. Sometimes I'd be laughing so hard that when I asked him to stop, he wouldn't because he thought I was kidding. I used to have what I called "tickle dreams" where someone would come up and start tickling me and I couldn't wake up to snap out of it. And I could actually feel it! It was miserable, like a nightmare. Sometimes there really were nightmare elements to the dreams. My dad feels horrible that he might have scarred me for life haha, but I haven't had them since I was little. The fact that this happened when your sister was awake though, really creeps me out. Has anything similar happened since?
missdanielababy (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
That is so scary. Well from my early memories from a child, like when I was 6, was I used to wake-up and I could remember someone tickling me a lot and their used to never be anyone in the room with me. I don't remember seeing anyone their. I used to laugh hard and my mom used to walk in the room, not knowing what it was. This stopped like 1 year after tho. Well I never knew what this was if it was a spirit or angel. & thanks for sharing your experience.
webmasterpdx (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-27)
I only just encountered this site and this comment. I am interested as I had something similar happen to me as a child.

I grew up in Cobh, Southern Ireland. I was born in 1961 (I'm male) and when I was about 4 or 5 years of age, I used to have something very weird happen to me. The house we lived in was a new house, so it's unlikely that it was associated with the property. However, late at night, I would wake up and it would start with a hissing should which would get louder and louder until it would climax with a tickling under the arms (the type where you yell to get the person to stop). I would yell for my mum, who would come out usually and it would stop immediately, but it scared the hell out of me.
They never believed me and thought it was a child's imagination. I don't even know for sure if it was real, but I don't believe I was asleep. I also don't believe it was one of my siblings as I am sure there was nobody there.
It could have been my mother's mother perhaps (checking out her daughter's child) or some kind of roaming spirit. I have no idea. It didn't happen to my siblings, so I have no idea why me.
I've never figured this out, and haven't found much on the internet about this kind of "visitation".
Thank you for sharing your story. That was much more violent than my visits (I seem to remember it happening quite a few times).
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
Hey commenters thank you very much reading I appreciate your feedback. Again Lupita thanks for taking interest in all my stories. SO far I'm sure we have a lot in commom especially since your Fam is from Ario and Mexican girl your spelling is just fine. Thank you also for reading all my stories. Have a blessed day chicas. ❤ Jasmin
mexican_nerd1593 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
Hello I was just googling ghost stories and I found this website and your stories. As I kept reading I found that you are mexican and so am i. I can understand the whole religious thing. Well back to this tickling, I do not believe that it was your aunt, if your aunt loved you in her living life then she would have no reason not to in the spirit world. I believe that she had a mental illness but I believe (remember this is a silly 15 year old talking) that when one dies that persons' illness is gone, death is seen as a ending of suffering. Your aunt obviously did not tickle your sister, it was probably a spirit playing a mean joke that overheard your family taking about your tickling aunt and that spirit was just as I said before was acting out a really sick joke. Best wishes and hope that your problems with the supernatural cease (if that's howu spell "cease")
lupitabejarvera (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
i would hope it was your tia...
But I doubt it, if your tia was very close to you guys I don't think she would hurt your sister like that
❤ lupita
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
well might aswell that its your auntie doing this, if she wasn't in the right state of mind she would have hurt her without even thinking of that, maybe your sister should have recognised her kind of tickle, because persons who ticle always cas a certain tactic for tickling. Very nice story indeed =]
JustMe2008 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
😕, its probably a demon. I hope you're sister is ok. It sounds like it can harm someone, I don't think it's a relative. 😕
ailya (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
What a story! I'm sure this wasn't your Aunt's spirit. Whatever entity was doing this was doing it to hurt. I mean, no loving relative would do any deliberate harm to a child while she is sleeping, right?

Blessed be.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Hello everyone! Thanks so much for reading. I just wanted to tell everyone that we thought maybe it was my aunt. My aunt was a nice woman, but she also had a mental illness. She was just...crazy. I don't know how to put it. She would do things that adults shouldn't do. Things that you would only see small children do. She wasn't mentally disabled and she didn'y have down syndrome. She was different. It is quite possible that it was someone else though. My mother was scared and that same day we went to church. The priest blessed my sister, but not the house. I don't know why. Actually, our house never got blessed until the year 2002. We moved into that house in the year 1991. There was 10 years of paranormal activity before we got the house blessed. Crazy right?
trau (4 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
this definitely creeped me out! I'm quite certain it wasn't your aunt. Thanks for sharing!
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
phew! That made my skin tingle... Imagine waking up and finding marks on your body.
What did your mom say or do about the situation-has your sister had anymore encounters like that one?
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Hey Jasmin314! Thanks for sharing this scary experience with us!

Your sister must have been scared a lot! I know I would have been. I don't think it was your aunt because you said she used to tickle you in a fun manner not in a harsh manner. It is more likely a mean or unknown spirit who did it. Try finding the history of the house. Hope I was of any help! Keep us updated!

Biemaster
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Well I'm not so sure that this was your aunt. It might have been but this might have been a different spirit. I'm not sure your aunt would want to hurt anyone of you. I realy enjoyed reading your story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Greetings,

Hello Jasmin314, that was certianly fightening. I believe that was not a benevolent entity but surely a malevolent entity. Thank the good Lord that the incident did not happen again. And God willing it won't happen again.

Thank you for sharing your story with us, if you have any more stories, I am always happy to read about them. God bless, deus vobiscum and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Please go to the chat room, pleas go to the chat room. We are very bored and would like more people.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Pleas go to the chat room pleas. Us teens are having a little party there. Please enter the chat room
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Hi Jasmin314,
Thats some story. I was wondering did your aunt tickle you all in a playful manner or in a mean spirited manner? The reason I ask is that whatever it was that was tickling your sister that night sounds like it was doing it to hurt not to be playful. It dosen't sound like a loving relative coming to visit. God bless. 😊
Marg (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
That is scarey situation! I think, something paranormal was happening to your sister. I hope she's okay and I hope it doesn't happen,again! 🤔😊
mlc13 (7 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
That's so scary! Your sister was lucky that there wasn't any permanent damage!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: