You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: A Collection Of Stories

Real Ghost Stories

A Collection Of Stories

 

I have a few encounters and pictures, but I do not know if they are real or not. My first story takes place in the sleepy town of Medford, Oregon. This one took place when I was 7 years old. My grampa had just refurbished the kitchen floor. He was so proud he took a picture of it. In this picture, there is what appears to be the ghostly image of a cat. Our neighbors at the time were elderly people who owned many cats. It could of been one of their deceased cats. I cannot post the picture because I lost it many years ago.

My next story takes place in Chicago's Bachelor's Grove, which is a very old cemetery. This happened when I was 10 years old. My dad and I where scouting out the old cemetery. It was the middle of summer, but it was freezing in the cemetery. We kept hearing unexplainable sounds that sounded like wood banging against wood. This sound did not match that of a woodpecker. I also heard what seemed to be footsteps and sighing.

My next and last story takes place where I live now, Hobart, Indiana. This started when I was 25 years old and still continues today.

Sometimes, I see dark figures in my window. I do not know what they are, but there is the possibility they are ghosts. Also, I hear unexplainable footsteps on my very creaky stairs. Sometimes I also suddenly feel very cold. My cat freaks out mostly in the kitchen. He stares at the doorway, sometimes for hours on end and refuses to leave the spot. By the way, my current house was built in 1890. Excuse my misspelling and improper English, for I am French and I am still learning English.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thor, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

plumeria14 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-30)
Thanks for sharing and don't worry so much on your spelling and grammar. I can understand everything you are trying to explain. I can relate to you. When I was in third grade, I started seeing an old lady. Now I am twenty one, I don't see that old lady anymore. However, I still see and hear things, but I am not afraid. Well, I try not to be so afraid. I've learned to accept these things in my life and I want you to know that you must not be afraid. These things feed on your fear. God bless you and take care.
tmeyer09 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
It's interesting to hear your experiences started at the age of seven. That's the age my experiences started and I've read other posts by people who's experiences started at this age. I wonder if there is some significance to that.
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Thor,
Thanks for a great story. Your English is great. I would have never known that you were still learning.

I look forward to reading more of your stories.

Jennifer ❤
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences thor and hope that you will be back to elaborate more on your shadow encounters. I would be very interested in reading more about them.

By the way, your english is just fine-seems like you're doing a good job as a student 😊
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Hi Thor! Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

I am like Francois! Even I am learning French in my school and not to brag or anything, but I know quite a lot of French now!

Anyway, the part about the deceased cat could be true. Too bad you don't have the picture! It would be interesting to see the picture!

The part about the graveyard was also interesting to hear. I suggest you find out the history of the graveyard and see if anything related to wood, footsteps or anything else had been reported by other people.

The first and foremost thing to do when you have a haunted house is to find out the full history of the house. As you say, that the house was built in 1890, there is sure some history behind it!

Hope I was of any help! Keep us updated!

Biemaster
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Greetings,

Bonjour thor, sorry I am not really french, I only study it, although I am trying my best to learn the language. It seems that you have a certian aura which attracts ghosts. Have you done research into the history of your house? I am just curious to know. Thank you for posting your story.

Your english is not bad at all and I encourage you to write more about your experiences, I would certainly like to read about them. God bless, deus vobiscum and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
hi and thank you for sharring your story with us. I realy enjoyed reading. I believe that these things that happened are connected to the paranormal. It is a very good thing that you don't go thinking its ghost when you hear something. Many things can be explained. Try Doing some research on the place like Kimo suggested. Thank for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Hi thor, your english doesn't seem bad at all, good stories-would have liked to see the picture of the cat.

I will look out for more of your stories.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Have you any information as to the history of the house? I would be very interested to find out about the huse and its former inhabitants.

God Bless!
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Sorry for interupting but can some people come to the chat room pleas, having a little party there lol. And sorry thor that I interupted your comments. 😁
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Maybe the mods edited your story really well, but your english seems fine to me. Those are really neat stories. There are quite a few of us on here who have seen the dark figures. Myself included. I can't tell you very much about them. The one I saw was very tall and he had a very firm outline. I just thought it was a black man standing in the shadow. But I couldn't see his face. You can read my story to get a better perspective, and the many others on here. Hope to hear more from you soon! Take care and God bless

Trent

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: