You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Papa's Love

Real Ghost Stories

Papa's Love

 

Some of you have read my previous stories regarding my "Granny" and "Papa".

After my granny was diagnosed with the mid body cancers (lungs, bone, stomach), she decided to have a porta cath put in to start chemo. We were in the waiting room for hours, watching the clock, waiting for a doctor to come out and tell us she was okay. The usual things one does while a loved one is in surgery. After what seemed like an eternity, only about 2 hours in reality, the doctor finally came out of the door and asked who was with Mrs. Bourne. All of us that were there jumped up and went running over to where he was. He starts by telling us that the surgery went well, she did fine, and that we could go in to see her in just a few minutes.

When it was my turn to go into the room, she was laying there and her face was red and wet from where she had been crying. I asked her if she was hurting because I would find a nurse right then. She told me no and starts crying some more.

If you aren't in pain, then what is wrong? She tells me that when she first came to in recovery, Papa was sitting besides her holding her hand. She said that at first she thought she was seeing things, so she reached for her glasses and put them on. There he was, smiling and holding her hand, then he was gone. She starts crying loud enough to attract the attention of a nurse who came to ask her if she was ok. She told the nurse that her husband was sitting there holding her hand and that now he was gone, she couldn't find him anymore. The nurse told her that she would go out into the waiting room and have him come back in there to be with her. That's when Granny informed the nurse that she wouldn't find him in the waiting room because he had died 7 years ago. The nurse told her to just relax and she would get the Dr. to come talk to her.

While I was in there, the Dr. came in to see if she was ok. She told him what happened as her and I both are wiping away tears. He was a religious man and even offered to close the curtain and say a prayer with us. He told her that he had been witness to many things in his time and that he didn't doubt her one bit.

Other hauntings by bette31

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bette31, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shrlyhughes86 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-14)
my mom died one day and the doctors got her heart pumping again and brought her back she stayed in the hospital 2 weeks and the whole time she talked to my father that had been deceaced for 5 years your story reminds me of that
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
That was a beautiful story and thanks for sharing, At least your grandma knew that your grandpa, was there with her, holding her hand through the whole thing, which your grandma sounds like she was a strong woman.

Vicki 😊 ❤
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
I am glad that you liked this story. Of all the stories that I have posted on here, this is my favorite by far. I was the "favorite" grandchild when I was growing up (with my 2 younger sisters). Trips to Kings Dominion, Florida for 2 weeks during the winter months. You name it, I got it or was able to do it.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Hello bette31. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story with us. It brought tears to my eyes. Take care of yourself ❤
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
HI, I though that stroy was pretty. I liked it alot. It was really good thanks for telling us bette31.
GIRLIE 😁 ❤
DUnknown (4 stories) (65 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Touching story... I wish your Grandma longer life and better health. Try to visit your late Grandpa and offer prayers. 😊

Doctor Rating: 2 Thumbs Up! ❤

God bless!
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Awe that is a good one! And what a great doctor. Some of the doctors I have met around would have sluffed the woman off and offered more drugs. I hope all went well with her! ❤
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
What a wonderful story. That is great that the doctor believed her as well. I'm sure that helped her take more comfort in her husband's visit.

Jennifer ❤
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Thanks for all the wonderful comments! It feels great when you can share things like this that have happened to you or someone that meant a lot to you. Both of my grandparents were my whole world. Papa told Granny before he died that he would always watch over her and I truly believe that he did.
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
AAHH-That was so touching, a good omen for your gran, I hope seeing him gave her peace of mind. And hold on to that Doc-he sounds like a true healer.

God bless
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
This is a touching story. I sometimes wonder how love can be so strong. Even after death. Your grandpa loves your grandmother very much. I could basicaly see this in my mind. Great story. Not all stories have to be scary. Stories likes this help me want to understand more abou the paranormal. It is stories like thius one that help me believe. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Another heart warming story bette!

It's so beautiful to know that nothing really ends and that our loved ones are always right beside us in an hour of need!

Thank you for such a beautiful story-it's always a pleasure to have you back!
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
What a beautiful story! Seems that your granny found her soul mate in your papa. I'm also glad to hear that she had a doctor that understood what had happened. Thanks for sharing, bette31.
Sarah (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Such a sweet story and one that proves the power of love transcends even the limitations of death 😊
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Wow! This was truly a very touching story! Thank God your grandmother's operation went well too! I agree with ghostlover123 that at least your grandmother knows that her husband is at her side! Thanks for sharing this beautiful story with us!

Biemaster
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
This is a beautiful story. At least your grandma knows that her husband is right there with her even though he passed away. I am glad that your grandma is well after her surgery. ❤

P.S- Going into my Favorites. ❤ ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: