You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Female, Snake Like Voice

Real Ghost Stories

Female, Snake Like Voice

 

It all started on a normal day, or at least I thought it was. I had just gotten up, and since I don't have a mirror in my room, I sometimes use the television on my night stand as a mirror, because I'm too lazy to go into the bathroom down the hall.

So I was looking at my reflection, while brushing my hair, and I saw what looked like a light behind me. At first I thought it was the light in the room reflecting off of my television, but then it moved. At first I couldn't believe my eyes, and I thought that I'd imagined it, but then I seemed to hear a voice other then my own inside my head. I couldn't quite understand it, so I freaked out and left the room. I didn't have anything else weird happen for the rest of the day, at least not until the next night.

I was taking a bath and was laying on my stomach, enjoying the bubbles, when I heard the voice in my head again. At first I thought it was just my imagination again, but then the voice became audible, and I clearly heard it say, "That's an easy position to drown in..."

At first I thought it was nothing, but feeling unsafe, and a bit frightened, I quickly sat up and got out of the tub. I got dressed and left the bathroom. I was scared of what would happen if I stayed in there.

I tried to forget it happened, but it was just too real, and too scary to forget. I remembered that the voice sounded snake like, and considered that it might have been a ghost trying to scare me. If so, it worked. I was terrified for the rest of the week, and my room still feels a little unsafe. Nothing else has happened, so far, but I still feel that it will happen again. I guess you could say I got paranoid, because I looked up the house's history, but I found nothing. No deaths, no murders, it was an ordinary, happy home, mostly.

I didn't mention anything to my friends and family, for neither will believe me. I still feel its presence sometimes, but not often. It mostly keeps to itself. All I know is the following,

1- the voice was female.

2- it sounded evil, yet concerned.

3- it always seems to watch me out of the air vent on the ceiling (creepy, I know.)

4- it doesn't like it when I have friends over, or when I talk to them.

5- it hates it when I do teenage-like things.

I still don't know what it is, or why its bugging me. I'm way too scared to talk to it. I just want to forget its there, but I can't.

I have a long history with ghosts, because the night my great grandmother died, I heard her call my mother's name. I ran out of the room, just as my mom ran in, and she asked if I called her. I said no and she just thought she was hearing things, I never told her I heard it, too. I wish I had, because then I could have told her about my recent "problem" easily. I hope someone can give me some information on what I should do. Thanks for reading, and have a good day.

-Twilightkiss

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Twilightkiss, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Luke786 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
Okay. I have a little tip. Whenever possible envision being surrounded by light. Now evision fire around that light. This is like a spiritual barrier. The more you do it the stronger it is. Although it isn't the most powerful of defenses it has proven helpful. It can also be used for offense for instance envisioning the same thing but in a ball and throwing the ball (mentally ofcourse.) at the spirit. Dont worry its not going to affect your religeon. I'm a faithful christian. Best of luck. -Luke
Canyouseeme (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-18)
Hey...its stange for a ghost to start all of a sudden but to me this sounds like its taking a fancy to you and is just winding you up basicially, maybe the ghost was the one who pretended to be your grandmother whenever it happened or maybe its moved on from one person and onto yourself, I don't know much about ghosts, i.e. Getting rid of them but it hasnt harmed you so id say its just playing tricks, one way to get rid of it is to ignore it which would proabaly be to hard to do but other than that you might have to get a medium or do something to contact it and tell it to leave you be, hope this comment helps and good luck.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Hi you said in one part of your story, that your mom asked you if you heard someone or something call her name, you should bring that up and then tell her what has been going on. She might believe you more than you think she will. Sometimes parents are more understanding than friends but who knows. As for the voice I have to agree with Demonsora it might be some kind of undiscovered creature or spirit.
Thanks for posting. 😊
COBzeppelin99 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
ok well, you could have been just thinking of this voice in your head. That happens to everyone
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Hi.I believe that Frawin and Francois are giving you the best advice. Frawin is right saying you should look for help in your parents. Although they can be "different" they always try to do there best. As For Francois, he is right saying to bless your house. These are the best ways to get rid of a spirit. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you son and take care
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Hello Twilightkiss. The first thing you should do is to confide in your parents. Tell them what you are experiencing. It may be paranormal or it may be psychological. Either way you will need help in overcoming it. Take care.

FRAWIN 😊
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Hmmm. That is a very cool strory you got there. I don't really have anything really that could help but to speak to it and ask what she wants. Or just ignore it, but that could be hard. Dont really have anything else. I hope you keep us posted
key2theafterlife (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
even though the voice sounds demonic it could be watching over you... But the onlyexperiences I have had were evil 😉
Twilightkiss (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
To-Demonsora-

I talked to my mother about it a few days ago, and she says that it was just my imagination. I also have been hearing noises from our atic, it could just be bugs or some other creatures though, because that atic hasn't been opened in years...
Anyway, thanks for commenting, I appreciate the advice, but I don't really believe that a medium would help, I know my aunt was one once. Sadly, she passed away years ago.

Thank you all-Twilightkiss ❤
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Dear Twilightkiss,

The snake like female voice may be a demon or a undiscovered creature! Anyway, Jmak is right, you should talk to your mom. Maybe your mom had the same experience just like you. She probably didn't tell you, cause she didn;t want to scare you! First off, get a Medium! And he/she will tell you what it is!

God Bless
Dory ❤
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Dear Twilightkiss,

The fact that you went to a paranormal investigation seems to answer almost every question regarding why you were haunted by the ghost in the first place. Thank you for adding the details.

Thank you again for posting your story. God bless and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Hi Twilightkiss,

I think it might not be a bad idea to talk with your mother about everything going on. From your story it sounds like she's receptive/sensitive to the paranormal.

God bless,

Jmak
Twilightkiss (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
To-Francois

-My friends and I decided about a week befor that incident, to go ghost huntimng, I think that might have gotten the spirit at the place we visited angry, though I'm not completely sure...
Also, sometimes I do dream of the dead, and as I've stated in this story, I have a long history with ghosts. I thank you for your advice, its deaply apreciated!

-Twilightkiss
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Dear Twilightkiss,

It is good having a 1st comment status for the 3rd time in a row. And I wan't to believe you but something just does not add up. If you have been living at the same place for a considerable amount of time, why do the hauntings start at that point in time. Although, my skepticism could be wrong.

Here is what you need to do. Get your house cleansed. Constantly pray and show no fear. If none of those work, bring in a qualified medium. That is pretty much it.

Thank you for posting your story. I pray for you and your problem. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: