You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: More About The Girl

Real Ghost Stories

More About The Girl

 

First off I want to thank everyone for their comments, encouragement and advice on these forums, I really feel out of my element with this situation and you guys have been my foundation, especially Rhodes68 and Tonith.

I managed to sit down and have a talk with my son, I asked him about the girl, and the doll. I told him he wasn't doing anything wrong, and neither was she but that she might be in need of help. He told me he has seen her in dreams, which she came to him looking for someone to play with. He says that she asked him to take care of her doll for her and then when he woke up the doll was sitting on his dresser. He said he didn't tell me where he got it before because he thought I would be mad.

I made sure he understood I believed him and was not mad, I asked a bit more about the girl but he doesn't know anything else. I asked him if he still sees her in his dreams and he told me sometimes, I told him he should ask her name, and tell her she didn't have to hide from me if she was around, that I wasn't mad at her.

I have also gotten in touch with another psychic who is a functional medium, he said he would come and have a look. I'm not sure if I want him to come while Cam is here, I'm not sure what I would tell Cam about who he is. I don't know if he is aware the girl is a ghost but if he isn't I don't want to scare him; I especially don't want to frighten him with the "brute" presence if he isn't already aware of it.

-----

I wrote the first half of this post before when the site was not taking any new submissions, and since that time there have been further developments.

I woke up the night before last to hear Cam screaming for me. I ran to him and found him sitting down backed up against the wall at the top of the stairs. He was so scared he had peed himself; he said that he saw her fall down the stairs and then she didn't move. I suggested we go get him cleaned up and he started crying, he said he was afraid he would fall. I offered to hold his hand and help him, but he just dissolved into crying. I went downstairs got a bucket of water and a cloth for him to clean himself up.

I assured him it was just a dream, he wasn't going to fall down the stairs, but he still seemed so scared. We got him some clean PJ's and I sat with him for a bit until he fell asleep. I noticed the doll was back again, so I asked him if he got to talk to her again. He shook his head, said she walked out into the hall and he followed her, and that's when he saw her at the bottom of the stairs, then he woke up. I'm wondering is this how she died. And what about the girl at the bottom of the stairs and the stomping coming up the stairs, I don't know if this is coincidence.

Other hauntings by LordRhodium

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LordRhodium, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LordRhodium (5 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
I do sometimes come back here, and I am trying to update as to further developments with this situation however the site never seems to be taking new submissions when I come around.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
LordRhodium--Your plight still haunts my mind, not just because it's got that creepy business with the doll but because you're a father struggling to help his son. When he was merely seeing the ghost girl it was one thing, but when he saw her fall down the stairs brought it to a new and terrifying dimension for him. You mentioned getting in touch with a psychic. Did that happen? Have you made any progress in sending this ghost child away? It's been two months since you left off with your reports, and I'm rooting for you all to be released.
James
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Has anyone else noticed how many times these type of dolls get left behind when a house is abandoned? And how it seems that often they're harbingers of paranormal activity? And how that paranormal activity is usually disruptive/upsetting rather than positive/nurturing? I realize that you have compassion for the "little girl" and want to help -- often, that's how truly malignant spirits gain our trust; and in wanting to help them, we often open the door to a full-out, negative haunt. Your son was reluctant to tell you how that doll got into his room. What other things is the "little girl" encouraging him to withhold from you? In actuality, she is interfering in your relationship with Cam -- in what seems to me to be a very negative way. (As a mom of two now-teenaged sons, I can assure you that compulsive desire for secrecy will develop well enough on its own!) PLEASE get rid of the doll NOW! While your son is out of the house, put it in a box, tape it shut and afix a cross to it. Then list it on e-Bay, where there are a lot of childless people who would be excited to take it on. Really, it's not safe to have it around your son right now. He's simply too young and vulnerable; and if the "little girl" truly needs help, someone more experienced can help her. God Bless. I hope you will keep us updated.
Becky_babe (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
I think that the little girl may have had a cruel and abusive father... Or stepfather. And He only married her mom becuase of her Beauty or maybe her money, and He didn't want a child and decided just to be rid of hr. You must let Your son know that if he can contact wih this little girl that he is a very special and important child. Don't let it get to his head though. And Tell him more and more thoughout his childhood. When He gets older He might be able to be a medium or a paranormal Expert. ❤ Tell Cam he's got your support and always be proud of your son... And Try to help this little girl if you can. I'm not sure how... Perhaps If you see her again then you can smile at her and say hello... Maybe She'll come out more! And It's not often that adults see ghosts. They tend to be more closed-minded to the paranormal. Research all you can, it's best to know... And also ask the land lord or whomever your house is technically property of who used to live there in the 30's or 40's. You might find out some new things that could help. Good Luck! Loves & Kisses!

- Rebecca
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Thats a disturbing story. Is Cam all right now? I'm afraid I don't have any real advice about the ghost part, but if your son is still very frightned of the stairs or upset about the girl you might have to explain it was an accident long ago but shes alright now. If the little girl is listening, it might help her to. I hope things get better for the two of you. God bless.
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Just please, please make sure that this little lost girl finds her way. I'm sure it would make not only her happy but, I think it would also make Cam happy.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
I know it has already been said, but I wanted to chime in with my comments as well.

I think you are a wonderful parent paying attention to Cam and addressing his concerns and needs. Many children do not have the benefit of an outgoing and out thinking parent such as your self, and I for one know that it can inhibit their self esteem and many other issues as they grow up.

Cam is a lucky little boy.

Keep us posted,
God Bless!
LordRhodium (5 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Rhodes: Yeah I told my ex that I was having some renovation done on the new place and didn't want Cam getting exposed to anything, and I made an appointment with the psychic I am planning to make notes of everything, hopefully I can get a starting point towards getting everything settled, a name, or maybe a solid idea what and when happened. Anything I can investigate.

ChrisB: I admit it probably would have been harder believing Cam if I hadn't seen the girl first myself.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Hi LordRhodium,
I feel what I want to say but cannot type what I want to say. I re-read your story more than once. As a single parent myself, I can relate to the pain you feel seeing your child in distress, stay strong for both of you I am looking forward to your next posting. Pray and ask the Angels to protect you and your son.
Surya
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Hi LordRhodium. I have to say that the your child is going through a hard time. As allways children do have the ability to see more then we do. But sometimes WE don't believe them. But you did the smartest thing and the best thing for your child. You ate suportive. It is very hard for your child right now. He basically doesn't know what's going on. I believe it would be better if he didn't know what was going on. I realy hope that there will be some answers soon from the medium. If a child sees someones death it could be hard for him. This spirit girl wants somebodies attention. It got it. The girl must go on. She needs to cross over to a better place. For her sake your families. Keep us posted. Remember that you are doing the best thing right now for your child and don't let anyone ruin that. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Thanks Rhodium!

Just a little side note, don't tell your ex about the events at home unless you're sure she can be supportive and not consider the whole deal as "an unfit environment for Cam".

Once the medium gives you his estimation of the whole place, make sure that, after ridding the house of all energy, nothing stays attouched to Cam. Always remember that kids are easier targets as the provide an easy 'pathway' for the paranormal to invade our lives.

Finally, since I'm very skeptical as far as mediums are concerned, try double checking with another investigation team if possible to see if they capture the same sources of energy.

Remember to do research every time he says a name or refers to a specific event. To have someone throwing names and random incidences at you means nothing unless he can back it up with real evidence (as much as possible).

I'll be waiting for your update!

Tammy
LordRhodium (5 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Jmak: I'll try the local hall of records, I tried going to the Library to scan through the local newspaper archive but given that the best I have is a gut feeling about a decade that leaves me over 3,000 papers to sort through assuming I've even got the right decade. I wasn't sure how else to find out the history of the house.

Annie: I'm hoping he can help, as for the relationship between the girl and the father the dress she wore looked on the expensive side, unlikely a working woman's daughter, probably his own.

Newtck: Good to know someone understands how hard it is not to get scared and be brave for Cam.

Burning_flame87: Not sure how to go about gathering information on the house's history, aside from Jmak's suggestion about the hall of records, but I will try. As for a journal the closest thing I've had is this page, I guess I should have been keeping track of dates, I'll start doing that now.

Rhodes: as always you're my rock here man, thank you. Good things to think about, I will call my ex and see if she can take Cam this weekend even though this isn't supposed to be her weekend, I don't want to put this off for a week if I can avoid it.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
LordRhodium hello again! I'm sorry about the progression of the events at home and for your son's terror which was only to be expected!

Of course there's no coincidence here. When you told Cam to assure her that she doesn't need to hide, she heard you clear and loud.

I've always had a strong feeling about your experience and never believed she was simply a 'visitor'. On the contrary, I'm convinced she resides there at all times. She watches you, hears you and most importantly, she's trying to 'figure you out'.

You might wonder what that means. This is of course just MY opinion but I think she was originally a bit apprehensive when it came to you-she seems to fear grown ups which to me says a lot about her relationship with her family. That is why she approached Cam. She asked him to take care of her doll because I think she needs to develop some kind of connection with him and have a good excuse for coming back to him.

Your request to Cam to tell her to not be afraid of you is what made her reveal the specifics of her death. Maybe Cam saw her but the message was sent to you. It's your help she needs.

It was a wise thing to call for a medium and a wise thing to make sure that your boy stays away during her visit. He's far too young and fragile for such an experience!

Something tells me that if the medium is the real deal, she will be approached by the others that 'live' at home with you. The 'mourning mother' whom you heard crying for what now seems the death of her young child (it somehow makes sense now). Maybe that is the reason she's still around. She's still mourning for the loss of her child-she's still trying to find her child before she manages to go on.

There were heavy footsteps too if I recall correctly so that can only mean that the father (whom for no reason I don't really like) is also around. Could it be he's also trapped looking for his lost family or is he the cruel authoritative figure who refuses to go unless he finds those that are HIDING from him? I wish the medium tells you a little about his part in this tragedy.

Please keep us posted. I'm be regularly checking for your posts.

Take care!
JustMe2008 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Nice story. Maybe that's how the girl died?. 😕I mean, look it all adds up, why would the girl try to hurt you're son, she was probably showing how she died. She trusts you, 😊 she probably wants to cross to the light so bad...😲
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Im sure other members have mentioned that it is imperative to do some research into your home. If you can find out if an incident occurred involving the death of a child in your house then you have that much more information to deal with. Get as much info as you can BEFORE you go to a medium. If you can gather details about the home that the medium could not have prior knowledge of then you can ensure you are not lied to. Id start at your Realtor and move back from there.

The way you have dealt with your son is admirable. It is going to be tough for the two of you if you have a permanent intelligent haunting. From what I've read here it definately appears as though she is trying to get your attention. If you havnt already started a journal I would recommend you do that now.
Best of luck
newtck (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Wow!
This is interesting to say the least. I can't believe how brave you have been. I would have most certainly peed myself...LOL.
However, I think it's so cool that you are taking the interest in to support Cam to show him that he is not alone in the situation.
When situations happen to me, I never let my kids know I am so scared I can't see straight, because I don't want them to be scared. That way they are comfortable talking about it, and then we can come up with a solution...

Hope that makes sense...
Keep us updated. Don't give up. There is a solution to every issue.

PS-Just a 'gut feeling'...don't trust the little girl just based on the fact that she is little. I have no clue as why I feel the need to say this, but I do.

Keep in touch.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
I believe your son is sensitive to the paranormal, or maybe the girl only manafests herself to him in his dreams. But I believe that what happened wasn't coincidence keep in touch 😁 😢
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Sounds like, to me, that a horrible thing happened in your house. The stomping feet, the woman crying, the slamming doors, then, unfortunately, Cameron seeing the little girl falling down the stairs. I honestly don't think you have anything to fear from the little girl. She's lost. And, she has been for a long time. She seems to have found a kindred spirit in your son. She needs help in finding the light. You DO need to have this psychic in your home. If he's any good he'll help her into the light so she can find peace, and he'll be able to rid your house of the "stomping" spirit. I'm guessing it was either her father, or her mother worked for this man. I don't usually give this much advice on this site, but from one caring parent to another, get someone in there to help you out. Don't try to deal with this on your own. And...please!...keep us posted! Hope all works out for you and Cameron.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
LordRhodium, as a father of three I can sympathize with your feelings. Have you thought about checking with the local library, courthouse or hall of records to see if a violent event occured in the house? Maybe a clue could be found in newspaper archives. It's hard to tell if all the activity is related; have you seen the little girl at the same time as the stomping and crying has occured? At any rate I wish You and Cameron the very best.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
LordRhodium--The first time you posted I hoped this would go well for you and young Cam. Rhodes and Tonith give good counsel. They're aces; you know, tops. I'm from the Midwest too and know how bewildering what's not concrete and "this is this" can be to grasp. Your actions keave no doubt you're a good father, strong enough to be gentle, smart enough to be cautious, courageous enough to do what needs to be done to protect your son. When the others read your posting, they'll give you good advice. It seems the girl now trusts you both to bring you the next step in her story. It must be for a reason, perhaps that you might help her cross to the light. Hang strong, and God be with you always. We got your back here.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: