You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Making His Presence Felt

Real Ghost Stories

Making His Presence Felt

 

It was the 31st of October, 2006. Out of boredom, I sent my friend an SMS asking if I can sleep over at her place. She agreed and off I went to her apartment. First off, my friend lived in a studio-type apartment in Las Piñas City with her boyfriend.

I arrived at around 4:00 PM, but was surprised that her mother was there too. Usually, it's just her and her boyfriend in the pad, but since I'm in good terms with her mom, it didn't bother me. In fact, I appreciated it since she always cooks something good everytime she visits. We decided to have some drinks after dinner while watching some horror flicks. We called it a night at 3:00 AM. My friend and I, together with her boyfriend, all slept on the floor. We didn't want to bother her mom who was already sleeping on the bed. We slept parallel to the bed with me near it, my friend on my left, and her boyfriend at her side. Nothing out of the ordinary happened until dawn came.

My friend's mom is an early riser. She would wake up at 4:30 in the morning to do the laundry. I felt her moving around the house and going out to the laundry area. I would say that I was half awake when things happened, but kept my eyes shut. I felt someone enter the door and lay on the bed near me. Though I had my eyes closed, I could sense that it was a tall male. "It" started nudging me as if trying to wake me. I didn't want to open my eyes for whatever reason and just pretended that I wasn't feeling anything. I turned to my side and hugged my friend. I didn't know why, but somehow I could "see" the figure was sort of a shadow of a male. I thought it was going to leave when it rose from the bed, but instead, the "man" started to pull my right leg. I tried to scream but what came out of my mouth was a faint "I" (I was trying to call my friend's name Irene). As soon as the sound left my mouth, I opened my eyes and found myself halfway down from my original sleeping position.

I woke my friend up and told her what happened. As soon as she heard it, she told me that the first time she moved in, she felt the same presence--only it was always trying to strangle her if she was sleeping by herself. However, if her boyfriend is in the house with her, nothing happens.

My friend moved out after three months because her boyfriend was assigned the graveyard shift and that would mean she'd be left by herself every night. We haven't had the courage to ask her neighbors if they had similar experiences. We feared they'd think we're nuts. We tried to ask the owner of the apartment about the history of the place, but she declined to tell us anything. My friend didn't bother to research it, either. She's just happy she's no longer living there.

Other hauntings by eivOj

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eivOj, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
O my God... Its truely wierd... Frankly speaking if I would heve been there in your place I would have gone unconcious. Yet you had that daring in you to atleast watch that person. You know often this question strikes to my mind that why do ghosts behave like psychic? Can anyone answer this.?
Charlemagne (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
I find it offending that the owner of the apartment keeps such concerns to herself, or simply ignores it. She should be held responsible for anything that happens to her tenants, especially since she knows about these happenings...

I pity the people who will live there next, not knowing what is there.
DUnknown (4 stories) (65 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
goodie! When I was still in the Philippines before, like almost 3 years ago. I always go to FoodMart just right infront of the Municipal Hall of Las Pinas. Anyway, is there a way I can contact you or chat with you aside from using the comment? 😊
Hope to hear from you soon.

JAY
eivOj (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
DUnknown, Kabayan! I'm from Parañaque too. The place where the apartment was located is in a village near Las Piñas City Hall.
eivOj (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
I didn't want to think of the "presence" as demonic though (to ghostlover13 and Francois).

I felt like it was just some unlucky soul who got stuck as what ChrisB and DUnknown mentioned.

KimSouthO, I asked my friend's mom too. She told me she also felt someone enter the door when she went to the laundry area. She even went back in the house to check if it was Irene's boyfriend but she saw him sleeping by my friend's side.

Frawin, that's exactly what my friend did. She moved out as soon as she can.

By the way, I went to a co-worker's house last month (it turned out, my new colleague at work lived near the spooky apartment since childhood) and I asked him what the place was like before. He said it was a very vast vacant lot where a prisoner was shot dead by police who chased him after he tried to escape. I know you're wondering why a prisoner would end up in a village. Beside the village is the Municipal Hall of Las Piñas which happened to have a Municipal Prison in it's grounds.
eivOj (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
wow... I'm overwhelmed with the responses I received... Thank you so much for giving your opinions and comments...

Sorry it took me a while to actually comment... I had trouble with my internet connection... Anyway, I thought of the same thing... I thought it would have really been a malevolent spirit... I have never experienced such a thing until I had a sleep over in her place...

For those who were asking if my friend had the chance to have the place blessed, she never came around to doing that. She only stayed there for 2months... She couldn't stand the other spooky things that followed the incident.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Hello eivOj. Thanks for the spooky story, I really enjoyed reading it. At first I thought it could have been a form of sleep paralysis but since your friend had encountered it earlier it probably was a dark entity. Sometimes moving out is the best solution. Take care.

FRAWIN 😊
DUnknown (4 stories) (65 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Hello "kabayan"! As I read your story and tried to understand it closely, something came up to me that this male "THING" is a restless soul-a bad one (in my opinion), he must be living there before (when he was still alive) or somewhere near, until something happened that caused his life. He must have died a gruesome death (probably suicide) that his soul got stuck here in our world and didn't cross the other plane-that causes the haunting... Meaning, he's unfortunate rather unsuccessful when it comes to relationship. He must have hate girls then (that explains the strangling) that's why whenever your friends' boyfriend sleeps over, he doesn't let his presence known (well almost). Until you came over, he let's his presence known-he's an attention seeker (i'm assuming). Maybe he killed himself cause some girl doesn't want him anymore... Have your friend tried to get the history of that place? And where in las pinas, if you don't mind? Cause I live in sucat (now I am here in UAE) and know a lot of places there in las pinas.
Well, keep us posted! God Bless!
P.S.
Now, I have internet connection at home and I'm so eager to share my stories, yet... The submit page is STILL currently down! 😭 😭 😭
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
That is really crazy! I'm glad you weren't hurt, and I'm sure this was really scary for you. Poor Irene; she had to put up with the strangling. 😨
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
anything that would try to strangle someone would be dark, although I don't call all dark entities a demon. There are some pretty evil people that actually walk the face of the earth, when they die I think some of them are trapped on this plane.

I am glad neither of you stay at the apartment any longer.

Did your friends mother notice or say anything was out of the ordinary?

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I had a similar experience but nothing touched me. I guess I'm lucky. I wonder what you would have seen if you opened your eyes. Do you think that this male might have committed a murder? I don't know why but I got that feeling when I was reading. Since the spirit tried to choke Irene I think this spirit didn't like women. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
JustMe2008 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
I would've been terrified if I were Irene, in that house 😕, with a ghost trying to kill me. 😭
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
That's a very interesting story. I'm glad the spirit didn't try to harm youl Good to hear that they moved out when they did. I would hate for her to have to live by herself there at night. Thanks for sharing!

Trent
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Greetings and salutations,

Hello eivOj, Mabuhay, I see you have a demonic prescence. Your friend's apartment, I believe has a portal which leads to the unknown/spirit world. Did your friend ever have the house blessed?

I agree with ghostlover13, your story is truly frightening, thank you for sharing it. I hope you share more great stories, if they do occur. God bless, deus vobiscum and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
I believe it was a demon. Demons can actually hurt you since your friend said it strangled her. Great story! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: