You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Little Girl Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Little Girl Haunting

 

My story isn't something I can truly explain myself, because I was only 2-4 years old at the time we lived in that house. I can share the experiences told by my family though.

We did not own the house, we were only renting it until we could buy our own house. We lived there for about 2 or 3 years. It was a pretty nice house from the outside. But I guess on the inside it wasn't a great place to live in! My mom told me that at night, (this would happen a few times a week) she would hear screams coming from all over the house, sometimes a little girl screaming "Mommy!" (She always thought it was me, but when she checked on me, I was always asleep).

Another experience she had multiple times, was whenever she would give me a bath. I NEVER wanted to get out, but she would turn the faucet off, and the knobs to it would move and turn back on by themselves. She'd turn them off again, they'd turn back on. It kept happening until she took me and left the bathroom, and the faucets finally would stay off.

Those are her only experiences, other than something the whole family experienced, which was a certain room in the house. It had balloon wallpaper, I can vividly remember it actually. No matter how hot it was in the rest of the house, no matter WHAT we did, that room was always ice cold. I also remember being terrified of being alone in the basement. It was creepy enough looking as it was, it had dark green carpet and wooden walls. I could never be down there alone. Everyone in my house had eerie feelings in that house, and in all our family pictures of us in that house, I believe I can see orbs.

The only explanation to me is that it is being haunted, particularly by a little girl who died in that house from being very sick and poorly taken care of. The woman who rented the house told us about her.

I don't live there anymore, but part of me would like to only out of the curiosity that I'm a lot older now and I'd like to see what would happen. But I guess I should remember there's a reason we don't live there anymore!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, freakydoll21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Hi Freakydoll21. I realy enjoyed reading your story. It is sad to hear of a childs death. It is something we will never understan. I to believe that there might have benn something else in that house. Maybe a little more then one spirit. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Becky_babe (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
That is... A number of things... It is 1) Creepy. 2) sad. And 3) amazing. It's not often that adults have Paranormal connections... But you should be glad You have loving Parents... Cause it sounds like that little girl died more of neglect than any illness. If She was taken Care of She probably would have lived... 😢 Any way... Take care of yourself, and if you can see orbs... Then open your mind to ALL kinds of paranormal activity... Good luck! Loves & Kisses!

- Rebecca
freakydoll21 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
prinsessnight,

The little girl died of illness, I don't know what kind, but I think you could be right that she died out of neglect which is why she screamed "mommy" a lot.

Glad you liked my story! =]
prinsessnight (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
Dear freakydoll21, that little girl ghost who died probuly wanted you to die to you know dround you if she kept turning the water on. She was probaly screaming mommy bese when she was dieing her mom wouldn't come or her mom would just stand there and watch her die.😢 anyway I love your story this is going in my Favs 😁
freakydoll21 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
Francois,

I'm not sure if she saw me as help, but I do recognize the fact that most of the stories I have heard from my mom or dad revolve around incidents (such as the bath) where I am involved. Or the crying that sounded just like me. I wonder if she was targeting me?

I don't remember ever dreaming of the ghost, but I do know that house overall scared me.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Hi freakydoll21. I found your story interesting, sad but very interesting. From the sound of it there were more than just a little girl trapped in that house. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Hi freakydoll21 and thanks for a very interesting story!

It's really sad to have a young child dying because of neglect and even sadder to know she's still in the house!

I hope that somehow she has found a way to cross...
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Dear freakydoll21,

Thank you for agreeing with my comment. Sorry, I forgot to ask you a question on my previous post. Here are my questions: Have you ever had the feeling that the ghost saw you as a beacon of help? And have you ever dreamt of the ghost before?

Thank you again for posting the story. God bless and deus vobiscum.

Sincerely,

Francois
freakydoll21 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Francois,
I highly agree with your comment! I feel the same way, that she is stuck in that house until someone helps her out. I would love to revisit the house, but I have no clue who currently lives in it now.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Very interesting. I have a little girl in my house, too and I will admit that it is creepy. You were probably too young to remember it, though.:) Great story!
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Dear freakydoll21,

First of all I want to say, it is good having the first comment status. Secondly, I would like to say, the spirit is distraught and is still in your former house since she probably has no clue on how to cross to the other side. I believe she will be there until someone helps her.

Thank you for posting your story and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: