You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Man In The Funny Chair

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In The Funny Chair

 

A few years ago, my friend Courtney's grandfather died. She and her mom told me this story: After the funeral, they went to their aunts house with the rest of their relatives to eat. Courtney's little sister Jessy, who was 4 at the time, kept talking and talking but no one was next to her. Her mom finally asked her who she was talking to, jesse said "The man with the funny chair..." Her mom said ok, a little confused, and walked away.

Later that day, her family was looking at pictures of their grandpa. Then Jessy pointed to a picture of him in a wheelchair and said "That's him! That's the guy in the funny chair!"

They also have stories about Jessy seeing dead people. They said when she was a baby she would start crying and freaking out but no one knew why. When she got older she still cried for no reason, when they asked why she said "They keep following me! They won't leave me alone!" They said Jessy did this for years until she turned 5 or 6. Now this one is freaky... Jesse would sing a lot when she was little. Her parents one day asked her where she learned that song. She said "My friend taught it to me!"

"Which friend?"

"The one that lives upstairs!"

Thinking it was just an imaginary friend, they said ok and walked away.

One night they heard singing on the top floor. They walked to Jessy's room to tell her to stop singing and go back to sleep, but when they walked in... Jessy was asleep...

When we asked Jesse, who is now 6 or 7 years old, if she remembers any of this happening to her, she doesn't.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, skylar7000, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Thank you for sharring this very interesting story with us. It is sometimes hard for us to understand why children see more then we do. I guess there mind are not full of trash like ours are
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Frawin is right. Most children, and I think ALL children, outgrow this ability to see things that we adults can't. Thank you for sharing this story with us.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Hi skylar. Thank you for sharing a very interesting story with us, I enjoyed it very much. Many small children have this ability but "outgrow" it most of the time. Take care.

FRAWIN 😊
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Hey skylar7000 and thanks for sharing this story with us!

I loved this story a lot! I have to agree with Francois that Jessy has the gift of communicating with spirits! Please keep us updated if anything else comes your way!

Biemaster
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Hi skylar and thanks for sharing Jesse's story with us-it was very interesting!

Hope to have you back with more to share 😊
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Dear skylar7000,

Firstly I would like to point out it feels good for attaining the first comment status for the 4th time. Secondly I believe your friend's little sister has the gift of clairvoyance. And her experiences were quite frightening. Has jessy continued the development of her gifts?

Thank you for posting your well written story. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: