You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Experience At Apartment Complex In Sacramento

Real Ghost Stories

Experience At Apartment Complex In Sacramento

 

Because of the nature of my experience and certain occurrences in my past, let me first start with a little back story on myself since I am unsure if what happened to me was a true haunting associated with a building, or just me.

Ever since I was a child, I had some weird experiences. At a very young age, my mother says several times she caught me apparently talking to someone in a room when I was the only one present. When she asked me who I was speaking with, I answered Dee Dee, which was the nickname of my great grandfather who passed away while my mother was pregnant with me.

I also suffered from some pretty intense nightmares as a child. Every once in a while I would get up in the morning feeling perfectly normal but then my parents would tell me that I awoke in the middle of the night screaming hysterically from some sort of nightmare. In my teenage years I would occasionally have very intense nightmares that as soon as I would awake, I would forget what I was dreaming instantly but then would be very emotionally distraught and confused for several hours afterwards.

Now fast forward to about 6-7 years ago. I moved into a small one bedroom apartment in Sacramento in a complex on the corner of Watt Avenue and Whitney. I cannot remember the apartment number I was in, but could probably dig it up in my records filed away. Almost instantly, I got the creepy crawly feeling from the small bedroom. It only took a few nights of sleeping in the bedroom to realize that I was experiencing a lot of nightmares which jolted me awake several times each night and also started getting a lot of sleep paralysis.

Each time I would awake to find that I could not move my body whatsoever, and several times felt like a presence in the room with me when this would occur. I did some reading up on sleep paralysis, and just thought it might be my mind not turning on my motor skills quick enough when I was waking up. However, the nightmares continued to the point that one night, I was so upset with not being able to escape the nightmare each time I fell back asleep, that I moved to the hide-a-bed on the couch in the living room. I slept the remainder of the night without incident.

I continued to sleep on the hide-a-bed nightmare free until I began getting a sore back from a bar in the hide-a-bed. So I went back to the bedroom. I wasn't even asleep an hour or two when everything started happening again. For months I played this game of sleeping on the couch until my back hurt to the point I would say screw it, and go back to the bedroom. Then the nightmares and sleep paralysis would drive me back to the couch.

Then towards the end of my six month stay in this apartment, I experienced two extremely frightening and weird things in that bedroom. The first, I was dreaming about sitting with my parents at their home. It was sunny outside but suddenly things went dark, and then it was as if something came crashing into their house and the roof crashed down on me. At this point in the dream I awoke screaming, and then quickly noticed that I felt like I had been punched in the nose pretty hard. In fact I was bleeding slightly from my nose. I moved back to the couch this night for sure.

The second incident, I awoke in the bedroom lying on my side. I as went to move and roll onto my back, it instantly felt as if someone was lying behind me in bed with their arms wrapped around my torso pinning my arms to my side and squeezing tight. This force pushed me back onto my side and would not let me move. I lay there not totally sure if I was awake or asleep and dreaming, but eventually I was able to move again after an unknown amount of time.

Obviously when my lease was up I moved out. Since I moved out I still continue to get the occasional nightmare now and then, but nothing as intense as I experienced there and also have not had any episodes of sleep paralysis since.

Since then I do still see weird things here and there, but nothing like that apartment. I think at a point it became more frustrating than frightening. I was getting really mad that I was paying for my apartment and not being able to sleep comfortably in the bedroom.

Has anyone else experienced something along these lines?

Other hauntings by Craigh95834

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Craigh95834, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jim (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
Craigh,
I've was searching ghost stories of sacramento on the web when I came across your Post.
I was compelled to join this website just so I could give you this bit of information.
There was a Serial Killer named Richard Trenton Chase who lived in a apartment on watt ave. I believe it was the Country Club Apartments (#15) he killed about six people in 3 different locations in the area you lived. In fact the decapited body of an infant was found in either a school or church yard at the corner of Watt & Whitney. Body parts were found in his storage space. This guy was called the "Vampire of Sacramento" This guy was Crazy and the 1987 movie "Rampage" was based on this true story that happened in the 70's.
I'm not saying that this caused your sleep paralysis, But you could be sensitive to the trauma that occured in that area.
Craigh95834 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Thanks everyone for your comments and input. I have come to the conclusion with some reassurance from a friend that I am definitely sensitive to spirits but also appear to suffer from the occasional extreme case of night terrors. Though sometimes it seems like if there are spirits that seek me out to either torment me or try to give me message or whatever they are trying to do, they will use the time when I am sleeping to do it.

I also realize that I have many other stories that fall into the realm of "wierd" that when I look back could possibly relate to me being sensitive or other odd occurances I have experienced that I should share with the site. Everything from odd scars and possible surgical procedures I never knew I had identified by dentists while recieving dental implants years ago, to what I am pretty sure was an actual ghost in full form at a friends house. Now that I have found this site, I'll submit them each when I get time as I am interested to share and hear other people's input. Thanks again everyone.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Hi Craig and welcome to this site. I would have to say that being sceptic is a good thing. You could explain almost everything that happened. But I have to say not all of the things that were going on werent normal. I believe that some things were caused by a spirit. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
Dear Craigh,

Sorry Craigh95834, The only experience like that I had was that I was so scared of the pressence that I couldn't move except to hide under my covers and hope the presence left I never had the presence hold me down. But I do think that if you stayed any longer you would be hurt really bad. I hope that you have found better peace.

Katona1700s ❤
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Hello Craig. I believe that rhodes has pretty well "hit the nail on the head". What I can't figure is why it never bothered you on the sofa bed. If it were a confused/not know he's dead ghost wouldn't it roam the whole apartment trying to run you off and if it were sleep paralysis/nightmares it shouldn't matter where you sleep, you'd still have them.
Thank you for sharing your story with us, it has given me something to think about. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
First, GET A MEDIUM! Go on the internet and look for a medium or ask one of your friends, do they know a Medium you can call because of you sleep paralysim!

God Bless
Dory ❤
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Hi Craig and welcome to the site!

Although a few of the encounters you're describing can be explained away as nightmares or sleep paralysis, I wouldn't attempt to rationalize all of your experiences as just that.

On the contrary, I think you're quite sensitive to what many people aren't and that is 'the other dimension' as I like calling the spiritual world. I think that because of your sensitivity and ability to sense the existence of other than material things around you is what actually caused these 'visitations' to take place.

I tend to believe that spirits that wonder for any reason even if that is because they have unfinished business or because they are lost and confused, crave for communication and acknowledgement. It's either because through communication they can seek assistance or even because they being perceived by another soul (a living one in this case) confirms their existence in whatever form that may be.

Sometimes spirits are not aware they have passed on and remain trapped in a world that is incomprehensible to them- a world that is 'invaded' by unexpected and uninvited guests' who reside in their house and 'pretend' to 'ignore' their existence. Imagine the terror of waking up to a new reality and finding your home inhabitted by strangers who don't perceive you're still there.

In short, I think that a couple of the experiences you've had so far involved lost and confused souls (the presence that was lying next to you that night) who needed to feel comforted, secure and safe in a world they no longer understood.
pinkroses (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
I feel that these incidences are both of a personal nature and a residual haunting being that you were bothered since a child with the supernatural, and also this apartment you were once at in Sacramento also sounds like it had it's own supernatural activities and were drawn to you. Hope that makes sense. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: