You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: 4:30 Am Terror

Real Ghost Stories

4:30 Am Terror

 

I vividly remember the day that I had my first paranormal experience. My Mom would leave the house at 4:00 am, because she started work at 5:00 am. I remember that day; She told me and my sister goodbye, gave us kisses and turned off the lights as she left. There was no one else at home. I was around 8 years old and my sister was 17.

We were sleeping for like 30 minutes, then all of a sudden, there was this loud, rough sound, like someone trying to open my Mom's bedroom. (I know this may sound tacky, but my mom would lock her door with a padlock, she didn't trust us). However the noise we heard was the lock being moved like crazy, I was never more scared in my life.

My sister and I both got up and looked at each other in awe with our mouths wide open. I even called out, "Mom... Is that you?" My sister got out of bed and I begged her not to. She just looked down the hall and said she saw it moving but no one was there. There was nothing we could do, I curled myself into a ball with the covers over my head waiting for morning to come. The noises continued. I heard the toilet paper in the bathroom rustling, it sounded as if someone was helping themselves to some toilet paper off of the holder.

The next occurrence was probably a few months after the first one. It was around the same time, around 4:30 ish to 5:00 am ish. My sister was in Mexico, but this time I was home alone with my drunk Dad. I already knew that the ghost would bug me right after my Mom left for work. This time I was prepared, the lights were on, the T.V. was on, and I even had the front door open. It was so bad to the point that me and my Dad were sleeping almost in the living room.

My Dad was asleep already peacefully and I was trying to fall asleep or I was watching T.V, I forgot. Then right in front of the bed, I heard footsteps, as if someone was walking right in front of the bed, I heard the creaking and the weight of the footsteps. I blinked and looked right at the front of the bed, no one was there just the noise. I was so scared. I tried waking up my Dad, but he said that it was the neighbors walking around. So much for the T.V. And lights.

I was not the only one in the family that experienced paranormal activity in that house. My Mom said she felt a cold breeze past right behind her when she was cooking home alone. That occurred when I was like 2 or 3.

The strange thing though is that once I became a teenager and my Mom remarried all the paranormal activity and energy went away. I never felt scared again, just depressed.

Currently now at this point in my life I am happy to say I am not depressed. Sometimes when I go visit my Mom at home where all the occurrences occurred in the past; I feel angry I don't know if its my Mom that makes me mad or if its the energy in the house but I just leave quickly when that happens.

I also remember that the bedroom was always cold. Just thinking of the place makes me sad. I also wanted to mention that I have another story posted which is about a dream I had about a girl in the bedroom.

Please feel free to ask questions and leave comments.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Velvet

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Velvet, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Graycat5 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-12)
Negative activity caused by flesh can attract spirits. Also, if you are playing with something evil, or talking to evil, or even strong Anger and hatred toward a person can be a portal for an evil spirit to come in and prey on people. Be sure to stay optimistic and don't be fearful!

Graycat5
Kirsten_pax09 (10 stories) (72 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-12)
The only thing in the story that gets me suspicious is your Mom padlocking her bedroom. What's she hiding? I don't mean to offend but could your Mother be into pornography? I'm sorry to hear that your Father was abit of an Alcoholic. When it comes to evil spirits any kind of negative Addiction - be it drugs, alcohol even pornography can draw in some really bad elements. People who do not trust others, often times cannot be trusted themselves. There's was definitely something being hidden in that room.
osyka (7 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Wow, this is an interesting story velvet! Is it probable that if there was an entity in the house it was angry with someone or something in the house? Thanks for your comments... Malta is a very small island south west of Italy in the heart of the Mediterranean Sea.

Take Care!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Hi Velvet and thank you for sharring your story with us. I have to say that I agree with Frawin and Rhodes hear. I tried thinking of something else but it all concludes to poltergeist activity. I agree with Francois that a blessing is a good thing. Thank sfor sharring. I hope to heasr from you soon and take care
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
Thank you all for your comments and feedback, I most certainly agree. Its just so strange how there was the energy then all of sudden it just went away. However my Mom still lives there and I always wonder if it is still affecting her. She has suffered so much with work, her love life and family. I will just pray for her.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
Hi Velvet. I will have to agree with rhodes, it certainly sounds like poltergeist activity. Combine the the excess energy of two young girls, stir in the negativity caused by your parents relationship and add the mistrust between mom and children-you have a recipe where anything to happen. Thanks for sharing your story, I am looking forward to your next. Take care.

FRAWIN 😊
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
HI, the ghost could be a tracked to you mom and old dad. Like a mother at didn't like your old dad and that he is gone the ghost does bother you anymore. Or the another way around. Not to be mean or anything.
GIRLIE 😁 ❤
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Velvet hi and thank you for sharing a very well told and interesting encounter.

As I was reading about your experiences at home, I was convinced that it was poltergeist until your very last paragraph where you mentioned the girl in your bedroom.That, of course doesn't debunk my initial assumption as these could be two very different events but still, I would like to know more about your experiences there before I say anything further.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Freaky. I wish I would have an experiance like that later on. That is a good story. Hope you writ more
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Dear Velvet,

I believe there is an evil entity in your former abode and I believe you need to cleanse the house before something bad happens. You story is quite scary and perhaps the entity still targets you everytime you enter the house.

Thank you for posting and sharing your story. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: