You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Crying Korean Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Crying Korean Ghost

 

This happened to me while I lived in Korea right before I moved to America. I don't know if you ever heard of Keeshins. That's Korean for, well, I guess for ghosts. They look like the Ring girl, all in white, long black hair and really pale faces. Oh yeah and usually they are women. Just thought I'd let you know. Well here is my experience.

One night while I was studying in my room I felt very tired and couldn't continue studying. Thinking that some rest would help, I turned in for the night.

My room had everything, a computer, TV, VCR (back in the day), everything, but back to the story. I was so tired that I thought I'd fall asleep the instant I crashed into bed. Oddly I became very restless. I experienced some type of vertigo and felt a little sick to my stomach. Thinking that I had caught the flu or a bad cold I turned off all the lights and the TV and tried to sleep.

Lying there in the dark didn't help my sleep at all. I started feeling cold and scared for some reason. Then, from a distance, I heard a girl crying. I was chilled to the bone. I didn't want to move and my eyes were wide open. The crying continued for about 3-5 minutes. Too scared to move or say anything, I just listened to the crying when suddenly the crying halted with a shrieking scream.

Now the only way I could explain the scream is kind of weird. It was loud enough for me to hear it but it seemed like anyone else could. What happened next is the chilling part. I have to explain the setup of my room a little bit. The TV and VCR stand was at the end of my bed with some space in between for walking. As I laid there frozen by fear I could only look straight forward with my eyes wide open. I was afraid to blink.

All I could see was the 12:00 on my VCR blinking because I never set the time for it. Then, all of a sudden, a few seconds after I heard the scream, the 12:00 that I was looking at disappeared for what felt like hours but was probably about 5 minutes or so. The only thing that registered in my mind was either the VCR was broken or someone/something was standing in front of it. I couldn't see anything because it was pitch black in my room but the 12:00 had disappeared. So scared I shut my eyes and started praying. When I opened my eyes there was the 12:00 blinking like normal.

I had stayed up all night, too scared to sleep. When the sun came up I found no evidence of anything being in my room or malfunctions of the VCR connections. After only living in that first floor apartment for about a month my family decided to move to America. We were having a lot of money problems and wanted to come to the land of opportunity to see where it could take us. Not until we had moved out did my mom tell me that she hated that apartment and got bad feelings from it.

I then proceeded to tell my mom what happened that night. She didn't act too shocked from it and proceeded to tell me that the only reason they got that apartment was because of the price. My parents knew that we were moving to America months prior and just needed a cheap place to stay for about a month. The apartment was dirt cheap cause a girl that had lived in an apartment way directly above us had committed suicide from the stress of getting into college. She had landed right by my bedroom window.

I am now 29 years of age. I still cannot sleep with out some type of light on. Usually the light source being my tv or computer. I know, it's silly that a grown man needs some type of night light but the experience has never left me the same.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chuna, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bigsasquatch (1 stories) (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-21)
What's funny to me is other people like to make fun when someone is "afraid of the dark," but what they don't realize is that it's not the dark you have to be afaid of at all, it's that we just have the sense to realize what might be hiding in it.
SoulSeeker (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
I've never heard "Keeshins" before but I live in South Korea right now & "Gjin" (or however you spell it) is a korean word for "ghost". Also, I have had an experience with a shadow person stand in my hallway when I was little & blocking some light from behind it (my first experience). I can't understand where you're coming from. Also, I was just a little kid so I wasn't scared but kind of confused and curious but not enough to preceed with communicating with it. I just went to bed. Anyway, I wouldn't think it would be a negative spirit but that would be unsettling to know something was there yet be "blind" at the same time. Anyone would be freaked out if suddenly 70% of their senses were down (that being sight).
Ko0chieMcSnatch (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
That's scary... I used to visit my grandparents in Seoul every couple years and one summer my cousin and I were going to the store at the bottom of the hill when we came across a girl crying... She looked Alive though... On our way back up... We met a different younger girl crying and found out she was crying because she missed her dead sister... She showed us a pix and holy crap... It was the first girl we saw... Asia is the worst for ghostly encounters>_<
Gary (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-30)
Chuna, If you don't mind me asking: Where did you live at this time? I have been living in South Korea since 1990. Next week will be twenty years. I too have many ghost stories and I have been all around Korea from Pusan to Pamujon. Every place I experienced something strange. Pusan was the worse, then Uijongbu. Please share your former location. My email is impk9002 at yahoo dot com. I'd love to investigate this that location.
Silly123 (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
I enjoyed the story as well. I don't like sleepy in total darkness myself. By the way, I never experienced any supernatural stuffs in the past. Just enjoy reading articles...
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Wow this was a very interesting story. It realy sounded very scary. Did anything ever happen later in that apartment? Thanks for sharring your story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Carlos (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Interesting, really interesting, I once, in my childhood, had an experience of this sot, I heard, that an specter was scartching my door. Is interesting, in some cases, spirits are so strong, that caninteract with living beings in such way. Nice story
chuna (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Hey Jasmin,
This is def something that I have ingrained in me. I will never forget it. By far the most scared I have ever been in my life. I do have a few more experiences and I'll post them soon.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Woooo. That story was really creepy. I pictured the whole thing. This is a very interesting story. I don't think it was residual since this happened in your bedroom. The girl lived up stairs and the only time she was anywhere close to your bedroom was when she was hanging. Anyways, this was very scary I'm sure. Hope to read more of your stories soon. ❤ Jasmin... Take care
chuna (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Thank you Katona, I appreciate it. I will try and write all the experiences I have had. Seems like a great place to get some feed back and advice on these experiences.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Dear chuna,

I think that this story is scary, I can picture the crying, screaming, and the vcR light going off. I believe you and I hope you keep us updated with anymore experiances

Katona1700s ❤
chuna (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Oh, and I titled it Crying Korean Ghost cause that's what I believe I was hearing at the begining of the whole ordeal.
chuna (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
thank you all for the kind words. The only history about the apartment was what I found out about the girl. I don't know anything else about it. It was a while ago but I still think about it now and then. I'm glad that so many here use the night light of some sort. I have had more experiences since but nothing close to as scary as that night was. I have read a lot of stories here about some sleep paralysis. It happens to me often, I would say at least once every two months or so. Ill write some of my experiences to let you guys know what happened. Some of them were scary but after doing some research it seems like there is a scientific reasoning for some of it. Whether it is super natural or scientific Ill leave up to you guys. I tend to try and find some scientific reasoning to put myself at ease but I really don't know sometimes. Thanks again.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
I know this is a long shot but could it have been a cat crying outside? They can sound very humanlike when in distress. That aside I have no explanation for losing the 12:00 blinking light on your vcr unless there was some kind of power failure. Could it have been the spirit of the girl who took her life? It might have been. Traumatic events can leave an atmospheric impression on the space it took place in and this is called residual hauntings. It has no intelligence it just happens whether anyone is around to catch it or not. Maybe that's why the place was so cheap because others had experienced it and people kept moving out because of it. I'm glad you got to America and hope all is well with you here. Don't fret about the nightlight thing, most of us use them so we don't stub toes in the dark. No one needs more than that explanation if asked. I usually sleep with the hall light on when hubby is working graveyard and it's just me and the cats here. To heck with what other people think. They didn't experience what you did so what they think is moot.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
Hi chuna. Don't worry too much about having to have a nightlight, a lot of people do. Just do like everyone else, if people should ask - it's so you can find your way to the bathroom 😆.Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
Hey Chuna and thanks for sharing this story with us!

You must have been really shaken up by that experience. I would have been dead scared! I just don't understand one thing. Why did you call this story Crying "Korean" Ghost? Thanks a bunch and I am looking forward to more of your stories!

Biemaster
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Chuna--Nothing silly about wanting a light to bring you ease. Your experience shook you up enough to know there is something on the other side, and that is invaluable knowledge for assessing the illusions of "this side..." Peace be with you.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Dear Chuna,

I like the story very much. It was scary and frightening. Did the apartment have any history? Keep me posted and updated, if you don't mind.

Thank you for posting and sharing your story with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Hi chuna. I enjoyed reading of your experience. It must have really shaken you up since it still has an impact on you to this day.I'm curious as to whether you've had any other experiences since then. By the way, I had to chuckle when you said you had a VCR - back in the day! Thanks for sharing your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: