You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Unwelcome Bed Partner

Real Ghost Stories

Unwelcome Bed Partner

 

I want to begin by saying that I am only here seeking answers to a re-occurring situation I have experienced in the past year.

Several months ago I was awakened by the presence of someone getting in my bed. I recall feeling concerned but not scared. I lay there for a moment assuming one of my younger children had waken, came and got in bed with me. I awakened, knowing what time the clock read and I could also hear the fan blowing in the room. No one was there. Oddly enough, each time this has happened my husband has been gone. I lay there for a moment thinking I must have dreamed it.

A few nights later it happened again. Same experience... Early morning visits from an unwelcome bed partner. I told my husband of this on the first instance... He tried to bring me comfort by saying I was dreaming. We even discussed how maybe it was related to the recent and unexpected death of my mother. She passed away unexpectedly in the early morning hours... So we though maybe there was a connection. I, by no means, think my mother is haunting me. For that matter I am not sure I believe in hauntings or ghost.

With each experience I have never felt scared or panic. I just feel excited and curious as to what or why it has happened.

When it happens... I often just lay there and can feel "it" move. On some occasions, I can even hear the linens rustle. It is very obvious to me that something or someone is there. But I assure you there is no one. I have even reached to touch "it"...but the bed is cold and empty.

After many months of this, I am still not alarmed. I have almost come to expect it.

As for my thoughts, I am not sure who it is, or if it is anyone. I suppose it is my mother. Perhaps it could be my father. I have no idea since none of it makes sense to me. I had a good relationship with my mother and father when they passed. My father has been gone almost 4 years and my mother now for 7 months.

I will add that these experiences have only begun since the passing of my mother.

When I attend the graveside... I do not feel as though she is there. It is difficult for me to talk to her there... Yet I can freely and often do talk to my father. (They rest side-by-side)

I have not fully grieved for her. I have a very busy life and some rather odd experiences happened at the same time as her death... And with that I just have not had time to think about her death. I know she is gone... But she is still with me.

Now...with all of this... I will add that our home is a new home built on old farm/cattle land. I am open to the ideas that this has nothing to do with my mother or father. Perhaps it is a mere coincidence that it all started when she passed.

I must ask... What is it? Why am I experience this? Is there a logical answer to this?

PLEASE let me clarify... I AM NOT SLEEPING during these situations! I can promise you... I was sleeping before I am awake by this circumstance... But I am VERY conscious during the process.

If anyone has any answers or technical terms for what I have experienced, PLEASE help!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sweetybabs, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sweetybabs (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
Thank you all for the response. I must say that they have all been nice and very refreshing. I have had no experiences lately... And almost want one so that I can test the waters of communtication with whomever it is.

I do agree... It is likely my mother. Is it wrong of me to want her to stay here with me, afterall she is more than welcome here?

I felt very guilty when I read the response from Rhodes... I felt as if I am holding my mother here. But... The next day... I almost wanted to keep her here. Selfish huh?

If it is her... Why do I have to let her go. It would be nice to know it is her and she can come and go as she pleases.

Yet... I do know I need to greive her loss. But, the truth is I don't want to. And it doesn't come natural to me. I can't cry or even be sad all the time. I talk about it all the time. I am aware of the circumstance... And know she has left the physical world. But... I believe she is with me and still a large part of my everyday life.

Crazy huh?
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Hi and trhanks for sharring this story with us. I am very sorry for your mothers death. It is always said to hear of a loved ones death. I have to agree with Frawin on this one. There is something not finished. You must accept that your mom has passed away. As Frawin said you foiund peace with ytour fatyher now its time to find peace with your Mother. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
Hello, Sweetybabs. I know first hand how hard it is to lose ones mother suddenly. As I was reading your account, all of my thoughts echoed rhodes68, and Frawin's. They are right on the nose! Your mother is there. She needs you to speak to her, she needs reassurance that you're going to be alright without her. She IS your mother, after all! No unfinished business! She's going to keep on caring for you once she's crossed over.
God bless, thanks for sharing.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
HI, It might been a loved one in a pasted- life. Or it could be your mother.
GIRLIE 😁
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Hey Sweetybabs and thanks for sharing this story with us!

You had said that this all began after the death of your mother right? Well then, I think it is your mother who is getting in bed with you just to know that she is there for you so that you shouldn't get scared. When you were small, were you scared of sleeping alone? Keep us updated!

Biemaster
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
This could very well have to do with the death of your mother and your not grieving the way you should have. Only reason I'm saying this is because this happened to my friend when her father passed. She didn't have someone in bed with her but she would experience a presence and hear her name called. She also woke up above her body one time and this scared her badly. Again she still thinks it had to do with her dad's death and her grief. Don't know if this is the case with you but it's an explanation.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
Hello Sweetybabs. Do you remember, as you were growing up how your parents always insisted on you finishing what you started- never leave a project half finished. Your "project" is only half finished. You have come to terms with your father's passing-you have accepted his death, said your goodbyes and now he and you are at peace. Now you must finish the project and do the same with your mother. When this is done I believe that it will solve your problem.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

FRAWIN 😊
reason2speak (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
Well maybe it is in your head. Has your husband experienced anything like this? If not, it probably is your mind fooling with you. Maybe your mind is telling you something. Maybe it is because you haven't fully let out your emotions. It reminds me when my dog (she was more Like a sister to me) passed away. I started hearing things and feeling a presence. It turned out, I didn't let out ALL my emotions for her, therefor I created her. Once I let myself cry and accepted she is in a better place, it all went away. So you should probably lock yourself up and let it all out. Because that is the healthiest thing to do, than bottle it up inside.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Sweetybabs hi and thank you for sharing an intriguing encounter with us.

From your whole story, I got a very strong feeling by reading three things you said:

A) when you visit your parents' resting place, you sense that your mother is not lying there

B) you had no time to grieve for her and have not yet completely accepted her death

C) the incidences started right after your mother's death.

So, my assumption after reading this, is that the presence you sense IS very likely your mother. It seems that whoever's lying next to you means no harm whatsoever but instead, visits simply to comfort you.

I think that your refusing to deal with her loss is what makes her visit; she may be concerned about you and thus, unwilling to cross over simply because you need her.

I have a suggestion which might sound strange to you but I urge you to try it. Talk to her, let her know what she needs to know-that you love her, that you miss her that she meant the world to you! Tell her that you find it hard to reconcile with the idea of having her gone and that you wish you could have spent more time together, you wish you could have shared more memories with her but that she needs to stop worrying about you. That you will find a way to deal with her absence since you know that she will now exist in spirit-in a better world. She needs to know that you're ready to let go so that she can finally be reunited with your dad and that you are convinced that when the time comes, she will be there to show you the way.

I think if you try this, your night visitations will come to an end.

I know it's tough on you-it's a terrible thing to loose a beloved parent but she needs to be on her way to join your dad. She mustn't stay trapped here any longer.
LeDiskoLove99 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Hello.

I'm not expert on any of this so this is only what I think sounds logical.

Perhaps your mother is visiting you in that way to try to help you to grieve and get on with life, maybe she cannot rest until you have grieved for her. Or maybe she wants to give you a sense of peace by letting you know she is with you, by you saying that you weren't scared says a lot, so perhaps it was your mother or your father letting you know they are always with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: