You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: 3 Am

Real Ghost Stories

3 Am

 

I experienced this one week ago. First of all, I'm an Internet freak. I liked to stay up late and go online.

Then one night exactly 3 am, I was sitting in the kitchen with my laptop when suddenly, I heard dogs barking. I had goose-bumps after that. But I'm used to it, I didn't care.

Then, I was feeling not comfortable when I started to hear somebody was using the toilet. I was wondering who was it cause all my family members were already asleep.

I decided not to take a look. But I heard different sounds, like murmurs, flushes, water running, and even something falling down. I couldn't move because I was too scared.

I stick to my laptop. I thought it was just my imagination cause I was a little bit sleepy. I continued surfing the internet. Then the dogs barked again. But it was louder and I had lasting goose-bumps. I remember old people said if dogs bark that means they saw spirit or evil near them. That makes me more scared.

I quickly switched off my laptop and rushed to bed. But I checked the toilet before that. No one was there.

The next day I asked my family members who used the toilet. None of them said yes. I told my daddy and mommy about it but they said I'm just imagining but I swear it was real.

Then I learned my lesson, I did not stay up late anymore.

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zatiekins, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DylanHintz (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
I have had sleeping problems all my life and can't sleep until really late. Nothing has ever happened to me at 12 or 3 there just stories to get kids to sleep at night. If there really was a "witching hour" i'm sure I would have seen or heard at least one ghost in all my life.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-11)
Hi Yalisai, I agree with you and Indigo. The OP didn't respond at all. That is quite funny. The 3 a.m. Story continues. But who invented that 3 a.m. Is a mystery hour. I can't attach anything paranormal to this. This story should be treated only as a "story". How I missed it earlier, I don't know. After reading it, I felt that it was better that I missed it earlier.

Regards and respects to all posters.

SDS
Yalisai (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-20)
I completely agree with the comments of Indigo...!Very well said!
Purplefox (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-15)
Not to sound rude or anything but last summer I used to wake up at 3 in the morning ALL the time and I've never had anything happen that includes demons. And therefore I never want to be involved with demons. ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
Okay so this is definitely one of those hit and run stories. I think 2 years is enough of a chance for the author to respond.
JarMan (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
This is pretty ridiculous. To start with goosebumps could be from anything.

The witching hour is utterly fiction.

And you were scared cause someone was using the toilet?

Really?

Come on.
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
3am 3am 3am...it's 3:17 am right now where I am and I am not experiencing anything except a case of the late night munchies. The "witching hour" was created by Washington Irving in his short story THE LEGEND OF SLEEPT HOLLOW. Its fiction. Stop posting about it.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
ohhh I could suffer one of them!
Does it come with any kind of filling?
I know I'm ok to google this have heard of it before lol
Decided am going to come out of the demonic closset and start using 3am as my time to shine, to be honest 3am is usualy the time I get a bit sleepy so it could be a cheep demonic trick to get me the sack!
The evil beggers ๐Ÿ˜†
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Oh yes taz! I do think you would go for the Devils Food Cake. That's right up your alley. Especially if we frost it with that sinful chocky icing I know you favor. But then you'd be in heaven my dear. Can you say "mixed messages"? ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

Jav โค
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
jav I have to admit I have worked the evil demonic hour for years now and sadly never had a demonic experience yet! What's going on? Am I too evil to bother with? Am I really a demonic entity myself and have never realised? Am I doing his work by allowing the truckers to leave this place?
I must get one of these dfc's for my self!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
I'm with you taz!
My husband works the graveyard shift. So where does that put us? Smack dab in Demon Central! I wonder if they've got an Express Line? "Go straight to Hell, and don't look back!"
Yeah Lou, I like the 'DFC' too. And I say we throw in a a dousing with the Satanic Supersoaker just for GP. You just can't have enough of that on hand when the old 3am crowd rolls into town.
LOSERS!

Jav ๐Ÿ˜‰
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
OHH 3 AM AGAIN!
GET OVER THIS CRUD PLEASE!
3 am is just that 3 am nothing to do with demons, the devil or anything paranormal ๐Ÿ˜ 
And who else noticed that the first few comments are from first time posters, no other comments anywhere but bang! All find a f&*%!"g 3am pile of crud to comment on and they ALL know its the demonic hour
Crap I go work in the gatehouse at 3am tonight I bet I get attacked by demonic entity on the way over from reception! Bound to happen~ its 3am after all
Carl
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
DeviousAngel: "12am: wake up. 1am: breakfast. 2am: head to work. 3am-5am: haunt, torment and scare people... But only until the sun comes up. "
Hahahahahahahahaha, funniest thing I've heard in a few days๐Ÿ˜†
Just had to share that I got a giant laugh out of that one!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Lou, throwing in the Devil's Food Cake. I like that one. DFC. I'm pitchin' the DFC on this one.
Indigo (263 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Giggling at everyones posts! Too funny! I wish I had a set time for contact. I'd get WAY more sleep! I think the warrens are to blame for the 3 am crap, but I'm not sure, who to thank for certain.

You know...I'm not sure how old this poster is, BUT, let me assure you of one thing. You do NOT HAVE A DEMON IN YOUR HOME lol. I'm in no way making light of your fears. Ever hear your dog bark during the day? No demon, right? Hell, if I had a dollar for every time my dog barked I'd be an incredibly wealthy woman... Especially when he barked for 3 days straight over a CRAWDAD digging a home close to his dog house!

Dogs bark at night because they hear things that we don't. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a ghost, demon, entity, or whatever else you want to call it.

I've only been here on the site for a short while, and I get annoyed at stories like these. You heard something, the dogs barked, you videod it (amazingly you have no video left and don't describe what you say you caught). You asked your family if they used the bathroom or moved something, can't find your kid sisters toys, you almost wrecked, but didn't and are POSITIVE a deceased family member saved you...ok. THEN you come ask people like us to "help" or "validate" your fear or agree that you have a huge mean spirit that you need rescued from...seriously?

I highly recommend that stories like these be referred to the surviving mrs Warren. Let her go get your demon. She's found one at darn near every site she's gone to, and I'm sure she will put yours to rest as well, and profit quite nicely from it in the mean time!

Once again, not to be rude, but kid, GET TO BED, GET SOME SLEEP, and when the dogs bark, go see what's the problem. That's what dogs are used for in my neck of the woods. Geez.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Demon Duncecap? Imp Jacket with Evil Elbow Patches? Throw the Devil's Food Cake? OR the basic beatdown with the Satanic Supersoaker?

Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
BAHAHAhahahahaha!
You guys are killin' me! I'm so sick of the '3am demon hour', along with the 'everything is a demon' crowd.
We need to come up with an appropriate device, along the lines of the BS Blankie, but just for these bone heads.
Something that tags them for what they are. Special made, just for them...

Jav ๐Ÿ˜‰
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
And have you ever tried to shave lizard-skin legs? Ouch. And the brushing of the hair is torture... Just can't get these snakes to lay down over my horns. If I could just keep my hooves from slipping on this tile, I could get my black claw polish on marvelously.

Lou
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Oh crud, you are right. And the rotten egg bath, and sulfur-scented aftershave. How could I forget? I must be getting rusty on my demonology...hey, did anybody lose a red contact?
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
One problem, DA. You forgot to put the obligatory demon bathroom break into the schedule... One poster said the same thing happened but they smelled flowers... That has to be the air freshener...I've gotta think that they go through a lot.

"Ugh...did somebody die in here?"

Lou
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
The amount of superstitious bullcrap that goes into some of the comments on this site is simply appalling. People need to stop watching so many horror movies. What makes you guys think that the devil would only have one particular block of time to act up, which is when most people are normally sleeping? Who arranged this schedule? Now I can just imagine the daily schedule for the average demon.

12am: wake up. 1am: breakfast. 2am: head to work. 3am-5am: haunt, torment and scare people... But only until the sun comes up.

Man, they must have great work schedules since they only bother people for about 3 hours. If only the rest of us were so lucky to only have to work for 3 hours a day.

Anyway, what you experienced was most likely just a residual haunting. The dogs may have heard what you heard and that was what upset them. Were these dogs in your house or just neighborhood dogs? Because all it takes is for another dog or a cat or a squirrel to pass by, and once one dog starts going the whole neighborhood goes... Any dog owner I am sure has experienced that. If there was no interaction with you personally and you just heard noises it was probably just a replay of events.
PhysicII (15 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
3AM-3:59AM is the devils hour to avoid this I go to sleep before this hour! The dogs might be barking at spirits hopefully there not Evil mayby just pranksters (They just hide things they humor themselfs with what they do to you) or ordinary spirits Good luck
lovedbyinccubi (5 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
You were up during "dead time" which is a time of high spirit acitvity. That may explain it
Theif47 (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-14)
same thing happened to me when my brother came over to his friends house to sleepover and I was home alone and I always see things in the corner of my eyes and hear tapping noise. I feel like someone is watching me and also felt its in the bathroom so I closed the door, after I closed the bathroom door I felt safe as if no one was watching me
CielandSebastianLuver (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
I also stay up late while I'm online reading. And sometime I will hear cats hiss or fight eachother in my backyard. And sometime I hear something hit my room window and that used to scared me. But luck I have my blinds down so I don't have to see anything outside. ๐Ÿ˜จ
dreams27 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-25)
hi diz is my 1st time commenting on one of everyones story but yurs touched me more... You see I never talk about ghost and that stuff to my family you know they are religious but my point here is that what happen to you happened to me... My neighboors have 2 dogs and every time dose dogs bark they usually bark at 1 or 2 in the morning I get scared becouse I konw things wierd happen in my room when they bark so I usually put some music and try to calm my self down it hapens every night I get scared... I'm even scared to go to sleep. I understan you ๐Ÿ˜ญ
NowOrNever (4 stories) (14 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
3 am is the devil's hour. I have expriences that I will be posting too.
Thanks for sharing your story ๐Ÿ˜†
God Bless โค
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
Your story is so similar to mine.
You can read it if you are interested. It is called Obeah. It is on this site.

Thank you for sharing your experience about 3 am โค
ghostwatch3r (2 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
3 am is the holy trinity aka the devil's hour. Similar things have happened to me. For 4 years at my old house I was woken every night at 3 am by a demonic voice growling in my ear saying "It's 3 o'clock " it was quite frightening
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
-3
14 years ago (2010-03-28)
The time when spirits of the lost or wandering would appear is 12 midnight to 6 dawn, and by looking at the title, it's common sense that 3 am is in the middle of the 'Dead Hour' commented by some people here.

Fascinating thing is that ghosts aren't completely evil, and you better keep that in mind as...well, lots of things can happen if the spirit is angered or pleased, it depends on your actions or feelings toward it.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: