You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Family Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

Family Encounter

 

One of my first experiences with the paranormal occurred about ten years ago, when visiting my mother's home town of Mixtlan, Jalisco, Mexico for the second time. On my first trip to Mexico, I had the opportunity to meet my great grandmother. My great grandmother had just turned 100 years old and was not in very good condition when I met her for the first time. A few days later my great grandmother was bitten by a venomous spider and fell into a coma before dying in my grandmother's house.

On the day of my great grandmother's death I remember the town's doctor pronouncing her dead. Many people filled the room she was in and surrounded her bed. I was 7 or 8 at the time of her death and I had the opportunity to say my last good byes. On that same night my mother had gone to the city of Guadalajara, to get medicine that was not available in the town, therefore she did not know about my great grandmother's passing.

After an hour of my Great grandmother's death my mother arrived to the house just to be received by the bad news. My mother was heart broken and began to cry because she was unable to say her last good byes to her loving grandmother. I remember entering the room once again with my mother. My mother headed straight to my great grandmother's bed and grabbed her hand. After my mother grabbed her hand she whispered in her ear "abuela, lla llego su hija oralia", "grandmother your daughter Oralia just arrived". On that moment everyone stood in shock just to see my great grandmother move her arm. My mother was able to give her last good byes and at that moment, my great grandmother closed her eyes and took her last breath. My great grandmother now rests in peace.

On my second trip to Mexico I was 10 or 11 years old. I remember sleeping in the same room where my great grandmother had died couple years earlier. Just to know that I remembered that occasion made me scared to sleep there. A week and a half into my stay in that room I felt uneasy for no apparent reason.

One night I was sleeping alone in that room, when something woke me up. I tried to go back to sleep but I then began to hear noises coming from within the room. Knowing that I was alone in the room it frightened me even more.

I again tried to close my eyes to see if I could fall asleep but the noises got worst. I then began to hear heavy breathing coming from my right side. I didn't know if it was me breathing hard or what it was so I tried to ignore it. The next thing made me realize that I was not alone in the room.

Suddenly I felt a strong tug from my blankets. Once my blankets were pulled I fell in to a state of paralysis, I could not scream when I wanted to and move. After couple seconds I then was able to run to my mom's room where I woke up my mother, grandmother and grandfather.

Once awake I told my grandmother what had happened and she did not believe me. I told her it was my great grandmother. The response that I got from my grandmother was "No one has died in this room". I knew she was not fully honest with me. I told her that I remember everything that happened in that room couple of years earlier. She said I had a bad dream. Till this day I still think it was my great grandmother trying to communicate with me in a very strange way.

I am now 21 years old, since that incident I have stayed in that room once but with other four people. This experience has changed my life. I have a much bigger respect to the paranormal, but also this experience has frightened me a lot.

I will be reading and responding back to any comments regarding my experience.

I thank everyone for taking the time to read my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thechosen1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Well this story is hard to explain. And to tell you the truth many stories are hard to explain since we are not the ones who go through it. I did enjoy reading your story. I'm very glad that your mother had the chance to say goodbye to your grandmother. Not everyone is as lucky as she was. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Hi thechosen1 and thanks for sharing this heart warming story with us!

I have read many stories where your loved ones come back to say goodbye and I loved reading this story all the same! It is really sad when a loved one departs from us but when they come back, it is truly good to know! Keep us updated!

Biemaster
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
I have heard about people that don't let go until they see someone they expect or they don't let go because there are too many people around and feel unable to leave. Hard to say what happened to your great grandmother but I'm glad your Mom got to say goodbye. Just goes to show just because a doctor says your dead you aren't dead until God says so lol. I don't think you have to be afraid of anyone who loves you even if they are from beyond.
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
I find your experience interesting because I'm starting to think maybe sleep paralysis can happen with both well-intentioned entities and bad-intentioned entities. Maybe it's just something that happens when you're in a state of changing consciousness - that you just can't move. I've had this myself a few times, but not seen, heard or felt anything - just simply feel like I'm being put under a spell. Maybe it was your great grandmother trying to contact you, and maybe she didn't mean to scare you so much?
Buka327 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
That was a great story I'm surprised your mom didn't believe you. Most Mexican people Inlcuding my family are firm believers in the paranormal. Your great grandmother might just be watching over your Family.
pinkroses (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
thechosen1 thank you for sharing this story. Your experience does sound scary but not the worst. I believe it was very well your great grandmother trying to communicate with you since that is where she passed away. Next time you are there tell her to go on and that you love her and want her to be at rest. Hope that helps. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: