You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Province Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

Province Encounter

 

I got so many ghostly/supernatural encounters yet I don't know where to start. Let me tell you what I've recalled up first.

It was around the year of 1996, my family went to our province, Masbat- my father's birthplace, to visit our relatives and for vacation. I was around 15 years old then. The place was nice and the people are friendly. They have a nice beach, a lot of fresh food and for cheap prices too.

It was after a couple of days later that I first experienced this "unknown". I just came from my auntie's house located after 3 barrios away from where we were staying (my father's ancestral house). It was already late, past-around 11:00pm. During that time, electricity was not fully established (even until now) and only a few own a "generator".

I was trekking this road on the side of a mountain, using this so-called "pedalled motorcycle". The night was chilly and windy. All of a sudden, the engine just died without any reason. So I got down and tried to check the "bike", even my headlight was off.

Since it was almost a full moon, I got a decent lighting from it, I checked the gas and the connections-but all of them seemed to be fine.

Then, I got this eerie feeling and out of my curiosity, I looked at the nearby bush (around 5 meters ahead of me)... I saw 3 lighted candles floating in mid air, crossing the road-one at a time... Then after them was a brown coffin, also floating in mid air and crossing the road. I was shocked and couldn't react to this scene I'm seeing...

As the coffin was almost half-way, it just vanished in thin air and a big black dog just appeared out of nowhere. It was around 5 feet tall with red eyes and appears to be growling at me. This episode/scene lasted for a few minutes. When all of a sudden, my "bike" just started and as I looked back to the road-the big dog was gone. I panicked, got on my bike and bolted away from the scene as fast as I could without looking back, in fear for my life.

When I got home, I was shaking and sweating. My grandfather was outside the house-he saw me and asked me what happened. I told him what happened on the way home. This time my family and my other relatives were with us. My grandfather told me that it's a good thing nothing happened to me after that incident. Because on that road, there are already a lot of rumors spreading, that a few local residents gone missing especially teenagers.

Since then, whenever I go to my relatives' house, I am always accompanied by my other relatives.

Thank you for reading my first story. I will post more of my experiences, whenever I got the chance. God bless!

Other hauntings by DUnknown

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DUnknown, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ghostbuscus (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-21)
Oh Masbate... A very scary place with many strange happenings. My classmate before that became my bestfriend was from that place and she told me about her experiences about a pale pretty girl telling her to come with her, kapres, a floating head, tsanak (a baby like monster) and others. I wish to go to that place! 😁
kristina_marquez (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-11)
OMG! I've seen this scenario featured in a documentary before! It is really very scary even in television. The coffin even chased the person who saw it. Good thing for you, it didn't chase you. God bless

Regards,

Kristina ❤
master-enigma (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-03)
there are a lot strange and unnatural phenomenon occurs in the provinces of the Philippines. I wish I could experienced that kind of encounter.
Remuel38 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-08)
it is called wakwak in my province in cebu... Actually my aunt who was pregnant at that time was nearly attack by that creature but fortunately my lolo knew about spells and incantations to drive away the wakwak... My lolo also had a buntot-pagi in which are effective weapon againts wakwak and aswangs... Fortunately my lolo succesfully drive the wakwak away from my aunt's house...
raffy2000 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
I just came across your story. Very fascinating! I guess if the elders don't warn you about it, you can experience it first hand which is pretty cool really. Unfortunately, I read your story just now... Almost 2 years after the fact.
I have experienced hearing the tiktik when I took an evening walk with my husband after dinner. That was 12 years ago. From then, I can sometimes hear the presence of a bird whose wings got stuck by the gutter near our window.
Since then, I have been banned from taking evening walks, going out at night or being home late when pregnant. Thank God I have only been pregnant once after that.
It's nice being pregnant but you hear things that scares the living daylights out of you.
Akatsuki07 (5 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
Your story have also a similarity with our popular ghost story in our barrio. They said that, it's a very big dog that can change in many forms. They named it in our place "bagbagisen", meaning "taking off" because this bagbagisen sucks blood after seeing a person. Some people believe that it's a demon
DUnknown (4 stories) (65 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
To ChrisB:
Expect more to come as soon as I freed myself from my work. Due to hectic schedules and too many paperworks, I can only read other's stories as of the moment.
Thank you again & God bless!

JAY
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Hi Dunknown. I have to say that was one very scary story. And to that I would also say this story was one of the wierdst ones I read. Not that I don't believe it because I do believe in it. I hope you share others soon. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Carlos (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
Here in my country, we have the same kind of tales, in fact, I once heard, that a lady, saw a 3 headed dog, in a trail, in the highlands of the andes.Also, there is a myth, in which, in quito (capital city of Ecuador), back in the colonial days (Ecuador was a spaniard colony) a group of policemen, pressumed, that they saw the caravan, of the devil. Nice story, makes me remember of my counry folklore and myths.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
I have read stories about people seeing a whole funeral procession passing in front of their homes or on a certain road. I think this has to be residual because it's the same scene time and time again. The dog thing does seem to be a common element and I often wonder what it means. Great scary story and thanks for sharing it. Hopefully it will never happen to you again. Once is enough.
DUnknown (4 stories) (65 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
Thank you, guys, for your comments. Yes, it was rather a very unusual frightening experience which I cannot forget. Got so many experiences that even I cannot explain. I don't know if I got the gift or it's just mere coincidences...
Anyways, I'll keep you posted. God bless you all!

Jay
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Dear DUnknown,

That road certainly sounds haunted and is quite scary. A well written story truth be told. The thrill of the coffin and the ghastly candles really made me cower in fear. I believe an accident must have taken place there or a large portal must have been opened in the area.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Hello DUnknown. Thank you for sharing a very unusual experience with us. It was was interesting, if not downright terrifying. I love to read the stories of other cultures. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
I have to agree with Biemaster that this was one very strange and unusual encounter you had that day.

I'm not sure I completely understand the presence of the black dog which seems to prevail among many stories. Obviously influenced by my cultural beliefs, I tend to see that as a sign of evil but as far as the rest of the encounter, I think what happened that night was that an old scene was 'playing' over and over again under that full moon!
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Hi DUnknown and thanks for sharing this weird yet interesting story with us!

That was one weird experience you had DUnknown! I don't know what to say! I had one thought while reading this story though. I think that those lights (candles) and the coffin were heading for a funeral. In real life, they were people and they were going somewhere when they got killed or something. And the dog must have been the form of the person in the coffin. This is merely my guess. Keep us updated and I hope nothing weird like this happens to you!

Biemaster

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: