You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

My Experiences

 

As long as I can remember there have always been strange things happen or the feelings of someone watching you. My mom has told my sisters and me about some strange things that happened to her when she was younger. There is one story that she told us that took place when my aunt had passed away.

It was at my great grandma's house, my aunt was very sick and the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with her so they took her home where she could "go" in the peace of her own home. Well, that night she passed on; my mom told me that she was sitting in the living room when all of a sudden the radio started playing my aunt's favorite song. She had gotten up to turn the radio off only to find that it wasn't even plugged in. But that is not the first strange thing to happen at that house.

There is a story she told us before that happened when she was a little kid. My great grandma used to baby-sit her and my aunts when they were little and one day when she about 10 or 11 she was out in the backyard and she said she saw this black stuff sticking out of the ground and when she went to pull on it, it wouldn't budge so she went to get the scissors but when she came back it was gone.

She told us the weird thing was that it was black and shiny and it felt like the softest silkiest hair you ever felt and when she turned to go back in the house there were 2 angels standing in the garden: 1 was holding a harp, and the other was holding an open bible. It seems though that things have happened to a lot of people in my family.

I remember my 3yr old daughter's encounter. I went to live with my mom and dad in 2002 when my ex husband and I split and the weirdest things would take place in that house. I remember one evening my mom and I are sitting in the living room talking when we hear my daughter carrying on a conversation with someone in the dining room.

Well, we blew it off at first just thinking she was playing. But we started noticing that everyday she would go into the dining room and go to this certain corner and start talking to someone.

My mom asked her who she was talking to and she would say "the bad man nana the bad man".

That freaked my mom and myself out so bad we weren't sure what to do or even think for that matter. Well we never told anyone about that until one day my sister and my nephew came over to visit and my daughter was with her dad and I say this because my nephew was in the dining room talking to someone like my daughter did only this time he went up to my mom and told her "nana the bad man doesn't like you living here".

Well as you can imagine, that scared the crap out of my mom. Well then we started having these things happen, like one night I was lying in bed and I was just getting off to sleep when all of a sudden, my bed started shaking, I mean violently! I had never been so scared.

So the next morning I told my mom what happened and she said the same thing happened to her. After that we would hear someone walking up and down the stairs, or the bathroom door down stairs would open and close, we would see shadows in the dining room, and almost every night the beds would shake so my mom started sleeping in her recliner in the living room because she hated the feeling of the bed shaking-only what ever this was, started shaking the recliner.

Well my sister was telling my mom and me that one night my nephew would talk to the bad man at her house and it was really scaring her so her mother in law told her to say a protection prayer over him and the night she did that she went and lay him down the bed and he told her "mama look at all the pretty angels" and he pointed to the ceiling. But she said after that he never talked about the bad man again.

My mom doesn't live in that house anymore but whoever or whatever it was in that house has followed her to her new house. I know this all sounds crazy and I still have a hard time believing that all this happened and if I hadn't have been there I would have told her she was crazy.

If anything like this has happened to anyone else please let me know.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Erin78, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Hi and Thank you for sharring this very interesting story with us. I realy enjoyed the encounters your mother had. Though I wouldn't want to go through them. I believe that Bellisma and Frawin are on the right track. I don't think I would have said it in a better way. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
Don't worry I believe, I feel like I was being watched and I was right!

God Bless
Dory ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
It is odd that both children refered to it as the bad man. This is more than coincidence. I know stress can trigger weird things to happen. When going through difficult times I think our minds don't want to shut off and sometimes our fears and trepidations manifest in weird ways. People will have nightmares when they are troubled that seem very real. Same with kids having night terrors if they have had their lives upset. All this aside it's probable the house had a ghost that thought all of you were invading his turf and wanted you out. I don't know why they target children but I would assume because adults aren't taking their antics seriously until a child is involved. We instinctively want to protect our kids and most of us will take it seriously if something is amiss with our own kids. I think this entity just thought you were trespassing and wanted you to know that. When this happens one either moves or takes back the control of their own home. Sounds like this family has had it's share of being made aware that they have a resident ghost who doesn't want to leave.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Hello Erin. I agree with Bell. The "bad man" didn't follow her to her new home-he merely awakened the sensitivity that your mother already had. As for the "family ghost stories",I found them very interesting. Thank you for sharing this story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Hi Erin. I think the 'bad man' presented himself to the little ones because they are more open and receptive, less likely to question or doubt things. Once he had your attention and you were aware of him, he started his activities. How sure is your Mom that it's the same spirit in her new house?It's possible with what she went through with the 'bad man', she's more aware of activity in her new home and things are unrelated. She could do a cleansing of her home and a walk through telling any spirits to leave her alone and leave her house.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: