You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Dreams Again

Real Ghost Stories

Dreams Again

 

Right, where to begin...

If you have read my previous story you would know of my past experiences. If you have, do you remember the part of my dreams?

Every night I pray for protection to God and also for the protection of the ones I love. I also pray about other things but none that are important to these experiences.

Two nights in a row, at least 2 weeks ago, I had strange dreams. The first I was standing in complete darkness-not even a floor to be seen-just what I could see in first person of my body somehow being illuminated.

Then a medium toned male voice called out "Why do you ask for protection?" then in a more demonic voice, "It's not like YOU'RE going to be executed" and as if on a big television screen, 6 of them boxing me.

There was an image of a person being hung in a gruesome way. Then I wake up panting.

The next night I got to sleep (I have normal dreams) and then suddenly an image of a demon which wakes me up. In the second that I wake up, something begins tapping my bed.

I have no idea what these things mean. Can someone help me to confirm these are just dreams or if someone is trying to contact me but in a different way to the one that happened in Cronulla?

Thank you all for reading.

Matthew John

Other hauntings by matticus

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, matticus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
Invest in a dream catcher. That has seemed to work wonders for me and my neighbor. Also, it is said that if you hang a mirror at the head of your bed it is supposed to advert evil. Just a little superstitious advice that I have found works! Good luck! 😊
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Just keep doing what your doing, you will be fine. These dreams will pass. Well, at least mine did.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Hi matticus and thanks for sharring this interesting story with us. I wish I could help you here but I don't know that much about dreams.Sorry.But I did enjoy reading it. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
matticus (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Thankyou all so much for the advice... I will try all the advice. Thankyou all ill try and send you an email soon 😆
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Some thing is trying to break your faith in God. I agree with Francois and a lot of others that say, don't let it. Keep your faith.
Joanne (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
Hi Matticus,
That sounds like a pretty scary dream. I too used to have the most frightening dreams when I was younger. They happened so regularly that I feared going to sleep at night. My dreams were and still are incredibly vivid. But the dream that used to scare me the most was the one that started off being black and white and were usually very strange and didn't make much sense. It would then suddenly go pitch black and I would then feel my body lift a few feet off my bed (usually in a fetal position) and slowly start to spin. The spinning would get faster and faster to the point that I was so scared I had to wake up. Waking up was no easy feat either. It was very difficult to wake from these dreams. When I did wake up I would see swirling demonic figures (like the way smoke moves when it's disturbed) above me on the ceiling. This would frighten me as well and I would close my eyes and just lay in bed not wanting to fall asleep again but also not wanting to open my eyes.
It came to a point where these dreams were becoming so frequent and I was so sick of feeling afraid to fall asleep at night that I decided to see what would happen if I just kept spinning.
So the next time I dreamed one of these dreams I just let it take its course. It was very scary but the spinning finally stopped and I shot off through my ceiling at such speed (also scary) going very high in the sky (I'm scared of heights). Suddenly I stopped flying through the air and on this occasion I ended up in a clothing store and saw the most beautiful dress I had every seen. The colours were bright and everything was beautiful.
I continued to have these dreams and let them take their course to see where I would end up but they became less and less to the point that I no longer dream them anymore.
My suggestion to you is no matter how scary your dreams are face them, face the fear and maybe they will go away.
Hope this helps, God bless ❤
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
Dear matticus,

It seems that the demonic entity wishes to impair your belief in God and may wish to hurt you in some sort of way for your belief in God alone enrages and hurts the demon. I say, keep your faith, hold strong, let not the subjects of the cunning serpent hurt thy belief in the almighty. Protect yourself with holy objects, pray constantly and most importantly show no fear.

Thank you for posting your frightening and terrifying story and sharing it with us. Your problem is in my prayers. God bless and take care. If you need further assistance, contact me, I am always happy to help.

Sincerely,

Francois
Stacers (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
Dear Matticus:
Ok so it seems that your drems are vivid and its frightening you just aa bit.Personally, I've had dreams like that too. Last year I had a dream about on of my friends dying in a car crash and taht I would get the blame for some reason. Thank the gods it didn't come true. But my point is inorder to deal with this gift you should write stories or poetry or songs that help with the whole seeing death thing. I know someone already said this but starting a journal is a great idea and if you wanted to make a dream box. Well that's my advice for now. May the Spirit be with you.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
Hello Matticus. I look at dreams as being either a doorway or a mirror. If they come to you as a doorway, then they open up a portal to the "other side" where communication/visitation is possible. If on the other hand they come as a mirror, they merely reflect what is inside of you- the joys,fears,etc.It is up to you to tell the difference.
Judging from what little I pick up, your dreams are acting like a mirror. You are at a critical age,17,not quite a man but certainly no longer a child. There is a lot of pressure on you, decisions you have to make that will affect the rest of your life and sometimes you think-what if I screw up. I know when I was seventeen (a long, longtime ago) I was plagued with dreams very similar to yours. Mine was caused by the turmoil that was inside of me-fear of the future plus the fear of being drafted in the Vietnam War-I "knew" that if I was drafted -I would be killed.
My advice to you would be to find someone you trust, really trust, and talk out your fears-spill everything that is bothering you. Only until you get that settled peace within will you be able to make the nightmares leave.
My prayers are with you and may God bless.

FRAWIN 😊
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
Matthew:
These events are quite disturbing. It's difficult to examine their meaning without knowing a fuller context, namely family attitudes, personal goals, your hidden fears, etc. So much of what we experience is psychological, and I don't mean nutsy, but our brain's way of dealing with things.
Our own death in dreams is interpreted by experts not as our physical death, but the death of an idea, or the passing from one stage of development into another. Think of the caterpillar that "dies," goes into a pupa stage, then emerges as a butterfly. Think of snakes who regularly shed skin. We all must die to the old self in order to grow. I suggest this might be a way to look at your dreams.
The demonic presence may or may not be an evil entity. It may be an internal fight going on since you are praying to be rescued. The devil always hates us the more when we pray. Doesn't mean stop praying. But trust that God does hear and answer our prayers. So often we pray for a resolve to a trouble, and then we take it back and worry it again. God will give us back the problem if we insist. Trusting God means praying for help and letting it go so He can do His work.
I know these comments may sound bromidic. But internal or external, struggles like this happen in the more sensitive people in life, with an awareness and imagery the more vivid to the more sensitive. Never give up on the prayers. They're as much a workout to make us stronger as trips to the gym.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: