You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Baby Carlos And The Basement Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Baby Carlos And The Basement Ghost

 

This story takes place in the home my family and I grew up in. Carlos was only three years old at this time; therefore, this took place about 15 years ago. I was about six years old. I don't remember every detail; only some. Most of the story is based on details provided by my older brothers and sisters.

My little brother, at this time, seemed to have an imaginary friend. This is what we believed, since we would catch him talking to someone in the basement when there was no other being but him. I remember sneaking up on him all the time while he was talking to someone. Me and my bros and sisters would listen through the vents and hear him giggle, run around, and play peek-a-boo with someone. No one was actually there, so everyone just assumed he had an imaginary friend. He never mentioned a name or anything so we just called this imaginary friend "Friend..."

One day, Ana, Rosa, Carlos, and I were home alone. I was in the kitchen making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for Carlos and I. Rosa and Ana were in the living room watching TV and Carlos was in the basement playing with "Friend..."

I walked past the basement door, heard a ball bouncing, and Carlos was saying "Throw it!" I was always scared of Carlos's imaginary friend. I didn't want to interrupt Carlos and "Friend" playing, but his sandwich was done. I went into the living room and asked Ana to walk to the basement with me to go get Carlos; I was too afraid to go alone. She agreed to hold my hand and everything.

The steps to the basement curve before you get to the bottom steps. We went down the first four steps, and then turned left to go down the rest of the stairs. As soon as I turned left and took my first step, I peeped down around the corner of the steps to see Carlos. What I saw frightened me so much that I pulled my head back in as fast as I could, and told Ana to look. We peeped around the corner together and stared for about 30 seconds. Then we screamed and ran up the stairs.

This is what we saw: Carlos would bounce the ball; the ball would stop in mid-air and come back to him as if someone would catch and throw it back. Me and Ana ran to the living room and jumped on the couch with Rosa. Rosa asked for an explanation to why we were screaming. We told what we saw, but she had to see for herself. We went back down the stairs, this time we walked all the way down and found Carlos sitting Indian style in the middle of the floor, staring across the basement with a blank look on his face. Rosa said, "What's wrong Carlos?" Carlos didn't reply. Then she asked, "Where did the ball go?" Carlos said, "He took it..." "Who took it," asked Rosa. Suddenly the ball rolled towards her from the left side of the basement and hit her in her left foot. She picked Carlos up and we all ran upstairs.

Again I put this story together using Rosa and Ana's details and my own memory. The only thing about all this that I remember is that day. All other details were provided by my brothers and sisters. This really creeps me out. Especially when I remember the way the ball would just come back to him like there was an invisible person there-I shall never forget that.

Other hauntings by Jasmin314

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jasmin314, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kalli_psy90 (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-11)
I used to live in Missouri and it seems like that state is very haunted. I lived in Joplin if you know where that is and I used to live in a house that was converted into an upstairs and downstairs apartment. It was nice but very keepy when I was young I had the door slamed in my room when no one was around. It is really scary and I think my sister had an imaginary friend too. Hope this helps ❤Kalli
Iluvanimals8 (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-10)
We too live in Missouri and we used to live in Carrollton before we moved. At carrollton we lived in two houses. In the first one we would play in our basement, but at night, all the cats were up stairs. But in the morning, our pitch black cat, Tanzi, would be in the basement. I once heard what sounded like a young girl say,"Good Kitty. Good demon Kitty." I think this was because Tanzi is pitch black, we never named the ghost, but we have named other ghosts. Although, I now call the young girl Ana.

You can read more of Ana and Tanzi in my storie "Haunting on Lincoln Street" which is coming soon.
mexican_nerd1593 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
holy mary, I usually get scared by the slightess movent or the smallest movement, this scared my everything out, if anything like that involved my sister or any other family member I would do anything in my power (as a youngster (15) I do not have very much power) but I would try my hardest to move out of the house. "friend..." was probably a paternal spirit, some parents commit suicide due to the loss of a child or even multiple children, this spirit seeing that carlos was small could have thought the little child needed someone to play with and lonely this "parent" was the person to help the child temporaraly that was without a playmate. (not to all: my spelling is not that great as)
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
Hey sorry I dissappeared for a while. I have been through so much in the last couple of months. Ok so hello Nasha! Well I have a daughter that plays in her room alone and it is no problem. THe basement was like our play area. That is why he was down there alone, but good question. ❤Jasmin
Nasha (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
just a quick question... Not that I don't believe you or anything like that but why was your 3 year old brother in the basement by himself?
osyka (7 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-03)
OMG! I would have to agree here that it's really creepy to experience something like sseing an object in mid-air as if someone is holding it...wow...nice story!

Take Care
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
ChrisB, I do believe the spirit was of an adult. The ball stopped in mid air about 2ft above my brother's head (If I remember correctly.)
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Whoa! That was one freaky experience you had! I have to agree with ChrisB that this is honestly a very good story!

You must have been freaked out when you saw that! I really liked this story and I like all your stories each time! Keep them coming!

Biemaster
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Wow Jasmine what an amazing story. I realy enjoyed it. I honestly believe this to be a great story. I know that you were all scared but what a great feeling for Carlos. He had a good friend who liked to play with him. Maybe the spirit didn't have much friends when he was a live. I realy enjoyed reading this one. I just have a question. When you saw the ball stop in mid air, was it Carlos' height or higher. I don't know why I have this feeling, but its probably my imagination but do you think this was someone older? Maybe a grown up? I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Buka327 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
You've gone through some stuff! I have question from your previous story. After your house was blessed was there any paranormal activity after happening?

The house we lived in got blessed twice and nothing would happen for a few months then all the negative energy would start coming back. YOu would feel a bad present something evil.
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Thats scary. I would have told everyone else to go down there, instead of me after seeing that. I wouldn't go down there again.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Hello everyone. Again, thank you for reading. So I'm going to answer a few of the questions so far: It doesn't seem that anyone is in the "vulnerable" stage anymore. Actually I know I am. I seldomly "see" things, but I often hear voices and movement that I believe to be paranormal. I don't believe that the activity I have recently witnessed is worthy enough to post. If I did, it would only be a few sentences long. 😁. Yes, I hear voices very often and sometimes I do see shadows, but I brush these things off. I will pretend they never happened since it is something so small compared to the paranormal activity I have witnessed in the past. The last time I saw a shadow was actually last night at my friend's house. I didn't tell him though. He is not skeptical about these things, but like I said I just brush those little occurances off. If you have read my stories, you know that I have been through some serious psychological damage. Yes, these things damaged me. To answer the questions about the history of my home: read my other stories. I have posted comments and information about the history of my home. What is posted is all I know, so far. Continue to comment future readers! I still have more experiences to psot;therefore, you have something to look forward to. ❤ Jasmin
jessysteyn (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
oh my word that is scary! 😨
I am so glad that it was you and not me... I would have never gone into that basement ever again
pinkroses (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Very Scary! 😨 I don't know how you ever were able to sleep in that house. I guess you had to.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
That must have been a heck of a sight to behold Jasmine!

Although your story involves your baby brother interacting with a ghost, after reading your other stories and relating the ages of all your simblings to the events, I can only imagine the amount of poltergeist activity in that house!

It seems as all of the events are somehow interconnected and the experiences go beyond accidental encounters with the spirit world.

I was wondering though, do you still have strange events at home? Are your siblings still within the 'vulnerable' age span?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
That sound Spooky 😨 Do you know what the history of the house or background is why the Spirt/ghost it may be a child or adult not sure which one is playing ball and stuff with your brother...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: