You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: An Unexpected Playmate

Real Ghost Stories

An Unexpected Playmate

 

This happened when I was about 5 or 6 years old. I was in my room sleeping and I woke up feeling wide awake.

When I looked at the clock in my room it was 12. I was extremely surprised it was that late. For some odd reason, I had a strange feeling to look on the floor-there she was a little girl in the fetal position.

At first I thought it was my little sister but when I looked again, I noticed there was a glowing light all around her. She had pigtails and a bonnet on. I was too frightened to move at all I quickly hid under the covers afraid to take a second peek at her. But when I did, she was standing by my closet and gave me a little grin.

I wanted to scream for my mum but I was frozen. I was afraid that if I got up and ran to her room she would grab me. So I stayed under my covers for the rest of the night.

I think the little girl is stuck in my room not able to leave because right now as I'm writing this, I feel like she's looking over my shoulders reading this. It's cold in my room but it's mostly from the air-conditioning.

Now I am 14 years old and I haven't seen the little girl ever since that night but that doesn't stop me from feeling that I'm being watched. Plus I have another spirit I'm worried about-my Nana who died 2 years ago. I have had experiences and so do my family members which I will me sharing soon.

Other hauntings by XxSamiGorexX

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, XxSamiGorexX, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

XxSamiGorexX (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
What I resently found out was from my neighbors friend that knows a lot about my house, a younge girl maybe 13 14 got pregnant and was afraid to shame the family and she ended up killing herself (back in 1800's), she lived in my house, and may have been in my room. Latly there has been blood comming up from my carpet, everytime my mom cleans it more comes. Strange huh? Also I tend to wake up and my posters are ripped down in the middle and I have scratches, iam afraid of my room and now 17 years old... Lets say I sleep on the living room couch more often now.
Amazinghost (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
things that I study like this I can can sit up at night thinking about, if she starts appearing again try getting closer, and try talking to her, asking her why shes there and why she won't leave, if you never see her again then shes finally at peace.
Elvira (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
great story I must say. And your right not to worry about other people's opinions, it's really only yours that matters.

I believe you and I think she's just a little girl stuck in your room, if you ever see her again try communicating with her, see who she is, what happened to her... Then do research on her... You might find some interesting facts.

Take care
-Elvira ❀
roselover13 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-17)
XxsamiGorexX
This spirit may just want to play some ghost may not know there dead. Also mayby she's trying to be a sister to you. If you see her trying talking to her and have a recorder nerby because voice recorders can pick up faint noises better than Human ears. For now think of her as a young pestering sister who likes to spy on the other sibling
Hope It Helps
Roselover
hitman8459 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
Did you ever see her again? Next time you should try and communicate with her.
XxSamiGorexX (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
crazygirl101 yeahh I hate that feeling and yeah I know what you mean the weird thing is my frind lives down the street from me and she's seen the girl in her house to...weird

❀
crazygirl101 (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-11)
i believe you XxSamiGorexX if she grinned at you that may have been a good thing and she could have even wanted your help but I know how you feel with not wanting to run out of the room cause she could grab you cause I am always scared something is under my bed and I don't want to leave my room cause I think that if I do that something (or someone) may pull my legs under the bed.
XxSamiGorexX (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Well that's what I saw I woke up at 12 and saw her and she was glowing. And you wernt their sooo yeah. 😠
mlc13 (7 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
The twelve o'clock thing and the glowing makes me skeptical. But that's just me.
XxSamiGorexX (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Yeah well just remember you wernt their I was and it realy doesn't bother me if anyone doesn't beleave me.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Hi and thank you for sharring this very interesting story with us. I enjoyed reading it but imn affraid that I have to agree with Frawin here. I to am a little sceptic. But I realy enjoyed reading it. I hope to hear from you soon and take acre
XxSamiGorexX (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Okay I will and thanks you so much this helped me a lot 😁 I will do some reserch thanks <3
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
I remember when I was your age, I had some REALLY scary things happen to me. I was extremely interested in the paranormal but yet scared to death to run into a ghost. Unfortunately, it happened, over and over and over again and it always came in black. Now that I'm going on 34 years old I have learned a whole lot about the paranormal. I am no where near as frightened as I used to be. I actually became so used to it, that now, I just blow things off. Like noises or shadows. As long as they don't touch me again, I think I'll be okay with it all. You are only scared because you don't know much about the paranormal. The more you research and experience you have with these beings, the more you won't be scared of them. They are really not there to hurt you or anything. I think sometimes they just want to be acknowledged or maybe they are scared and confused and need your help. Like I said before, I have had some crazy **** happen to me and I'm still here and unhurt. You should read my stories, especially "Shadows in My Life", and you will see what I'm talking about.

SHELBY ❀ 😊
XxSamiGorexX (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Hahaha yeah it was soo long ago I'm not entierly sure I got the description of her right all I know fersure is the glow around her and the bonnit. I'm scared though like ghost stuff scares the heck out of me and sometimes I realy don't want to exserience anymore but sometimes I love it other times I want to crawl in a hole and never come out hahaha.
alove488 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
good job, not bad,
❀ πŸ˜‰ ❀
Great job you really really really really deserve every comentt you get... GOOD JOB!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Hey don't worry about my comment or others Sami-Sam. We all have our opinions and hey we weren't there right?:) Sometimes when we write our stories for others to read, it doesn't quite come out like it should and it is interpreted as something made up or it doesn't sound quite right. I think also when we experience something at such a young age, sometimes people tend to find it more of a fantasy. I started experiencing the paranormal when I was five. What I find really funny is that when I watch on tv or read about people that can see, hear and feel spirits, they all say it started when they were five years old. Maybe all of this really did happen to you. I really think you should look into the history of your home and land. I don't know why you wouldn't be interested in finding out more about this little ghost girl. If you find out any info regarding the history of your home and/or property, let us know.

TTYL
SHELBY ❀ 😊
XxSamiGorexX (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
It doesn't bother me if some people don't beleave me I know what I saw and I'm deneying nothing, But thanks for commenting
XxSamiGorexX (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Yeah I agree it does seen a little off.
Accually she told me her story first it was 3 years ago she told me then I told her befor that only my fam knew about it.
I beleave she has left and it was just a viset like looking for someone to play with. Even my sister feels it too bit whatever I understand. ❀

Ohh and I will be writing the one of my Nanna tonight. 😊
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Hello XxSamiGorexX. How unusual that you saw this girl when you were five or six years old and haven't seen her since but you said you can feel her. You said your friend lives ten minutes away but is in your neighborhood and she has seen the girl as well? I am having a difficult time with this story only because ten minutes away would not really be in your neighborhood at all would it? Sometimes when we are freaked out enough about ghosts we think we can feel them watching us sometimes. Maybe this little girl was a figment of your imagination or a vivid dream and it scared you so badly as a child that it carried through to your teens and your friend may have been influenced by you talking about this little ghost girl so now she says she has seen her. Hmmm... Not really sure. It all sounds a little like child's play to me but if it IS true then maybe you should tell the little ghost girl that she needs to go to the light where her loved ones are. I'd like to her your story of your grandmother. When will you post it?

SHELBY ❀ 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Hello XxSamiGorexX. While I did enjoy reading your story,I'm afraid that I will have to file this one under S- for skeptical. Too many things doesn't add up, sorry.

FRAWIN 😊 πŸ€”
XxSamiGorexX (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
thanx everyone for the support.

Whitebuffalo thanks for repleying she lives about 10 minute away from my house like down the street from my neiborhood and almost right accross from her house is a house that has been said to be haunted by a poltagist. 😊
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
well she's just a little girl, she probably was lonely, so she hangs out around with you all the time, so don't worry. But she probably doesn't know she's dead. Try to explain it to her so she can finaaly go to heaven! She should notice that no one can see her!

God Bless ❀
Dory
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
You are absolutely correct, XxSamiGorexX, just because she had on a bonnet does not mean that she was from the olden days. I also had a bonnet when I was younger. When I read the story, though, the FEELING I got was of a time long past, and not a recent one.
Your friend also saw "her in her house with a bonnit and pigtails". Meaning? Does your friend live in a separate house and this vision is being seen in both houses? If I read that correctly, that would tend to point to the thought that she is not attached to YOUR HOUSE, but perhaps something in the neighborhood.
I was merely going by my FEEL of the story when I read it.
I am sorry that my encouragement for you to research a lost little girl was misinterpreted as research of a ghost. Personally, I would not have the faintest idea on how to research a ghost, but I could research a little girl. All I truly was trying to suggest is that maybe you needed a bit of validity OF the little girl, and finding out who she WAS may have helped you ease, or even rid, the feeling of constantly being watched by giving you a bit of knowledge on how to deal with her.
You said you needed help with what you experienced. I tried to suggest a few ways to receive the help.
SPECIFICALLY then, HOW do you need help with the experience?
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Dear XxSamiGorexX,

Well, I guess it is your responsibility to help the ghost crossover or keep the ghost company. You see, children's souls, crave attention and since she (the ghost) is a child, I believe she craves attention as she used to in real life. Fear her not, she may be a benevolent spirit. Lonely, lost and trapped. Have you done research on the history of that house? Were the previous owners acquainted to the ghost?

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. I am looking forward to your next story, if one does occur. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
XxSamiGorexX (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Everyone thanks soo much for the support and I will be starting my moms exsperiance when she saw my Nanna to tell you all the truth when she told me I wanted to move out hahaha. ❀
Ohh and dreamergal72 my dad might do some research on the house to see if a little girl died here. My house was built a while ago.
And whitebuffalo accually I had a bonnit when I was a baby and that was 1993 lol. So that doesn't mean it is from like old old days plus my friend has also seen her in her house with a bonnit and pigtails. Kinda creepy lol And reseach on ghosts I don't do that lol I just hear stories or exsperience stuff no research.

Luv you all and thanks for reading 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Pigtails... AND a bonnet?
THAT sounds like a little girl playing dress up to me. In the age of bonnets, it was extremely rare to see a child in PIGtails. In fact, most little girls did not wear their hair tied. Save for with a ribbon, but only if the family was extremely well off. Ribbons and ties were a luxury, and not something that the average family could afford to "waste" hard earned monies on.
As for your Nana. I do not know what it has been that you have been taught about ghosts, but I would like to implore you to research them on your own. It is very rare for a kind loving human to return to us as a ghost with a totally flipped personality. Do not get me wrong, it IS possible, I guess. However, I should think a Grandmother type would find it difficult to be anything other that what she was in life while in the presence of her family.
If you NEED to know about the little girl, do a bit of research. I simply have the feeling that she no longer is any kind of a threat. I feel that she is no longer present. Perhaps the walk to the closet door was her parting vision.
Thank you for sharing this with us. I look forward to the stories of your Nana.
illah18 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
gosh... Very frightning... I feel the same as yours whle I'm wrting this comment, I feel somebody looking at me... 😊
alex323 (5 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
ah, I know what you mean about a ghost reading over your shoulder while you're typing. Bart (long story, read the Roaming Condo Imp pt II) likes to stare at me while I type, its often like a cold spot appears on my back and you get the feeling you're being watched. But if the girl was malicious you probably would have been aware of it by now, maybe she's trapped and wants your help. I don't know honestly, but good luck at whatever you decide to do.

❀ alex
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Hi samatha πŸ˜• Wow That Really Hmm SOme word I am looking well anyway She may had been sick or something in that house before your family live there... I'm sure you may try to get your grandmother go to light that what you worry about. That little girl don't know she is dead herself and you should explain to her to go to the light and rest in peace I guess that it and one things did you know your background house history is? Cause of that little girl...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: