You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Two Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

My Two Experiences

 

As can be guessed by my user name I often sit on the fence when it comes to making judgment on most things however recent experiences have left me wondering whether I have a very active imagination or if some strange things are happening in my house.

I live alone in the Blue Mountains which are west of Sydney NSW, and there is nothing unusual about my place that I am aware of.

The first experience was about three months ago at around 4:30 in morning. I heard someone coming into my room which was strange enough but not long after this sound stopped I felt the definite weight of someone sitting on the side of my bed. I jumped out of bed to turn the light on and when I did there was no one there. I am not ashamed to say that I slept with the light on for a few weeks after that, but no similar incident occurred.

The second incident occurred this morning, again around 4:30. While lying in bed I heard a dinging metallic sound. The sound was repetitive with each ding being about 5 seconds apart. I got up and turned the light on so as I could locate the sound.

Wedged tightly between my cupboard and the wall is my old steel string guitar and that is what was making the noise. I stood there in the light the sound continued, about every 5 seconds the same dinging noise which now could be called a mute kind of strumming.

I quickly wrenched the guitar out threw it on floor at which point the noise stopped.

At this point I am considering the obvious. I don't get online often so I won't be able to join in on discussion but I would be grateful for any feedback

Other hauntings by sittingonthefence

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sittingonthefence, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

sammie (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Wow, I think when you heard the footsteps it was paranormal. I also think the gutar could have been vibrations in the wall, but one time I was in my cousin Williams room and his guitar was sitting agenst the wall and for no reason just started to to the same thing your gutar was doing, but I was too scared to do anything so I ran out of the room! LOL, That too was probably just vibration's because it was in an apartment. 😁
DollyDagger (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
I have a guitar too, and sometimes it makes noises like that. I'm guessing its because the strings get un-tuned, and sometimes may cause noises. But then again, my sister did say she saw a ghost playing my guitar one night (it's a used guitar, so who knows...) It also happens in the middle of the day, when my guitar is just up against a wall. But it could very well just be because the strings were just untuning.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
I have to say, that this sounds as if you have a path through your house, and someone just stopped in to rest for the early morning. It does not really feel as if it is a resident, more like someone just passing through.
I believe the muted strumming of the guitar may just be due to vibrations and nothing more.
Thank you.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
It seems odd that each occurance was around 4:30 a.m.
I agree that the guitar sound could happen with vibrations, but have to wonder... I once had a beautiful Fender Stratocaster and one evening had it sitting against the amp. While in the next room early in the morning, I heard it strum from the lower string to the highter (and I am left handed), as if someone took a pick and gently but quickly ran it across the strings.

The sound of someone coming into your room and the impression of them sitting down is a whole other story. There is definitely something strange going on there.

Thanks for sharing the story and I do hope you find out more info on the house.
sittingonthefence (6 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
Thanks for your feedback, I had a friend stay over on weekend and she claimed that she felt something weird in the loungeroom so I am starting to feel like I am not going crazy.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
I have to agree with rhodes, the guitar I wouldn't worry about, probably caused by vibrations of some sort. The other incident I would lean to the paranormal- a wandering spirit maybe? Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Wow I have three quitars of my own and nothing to it but one did fall it on and that spooky can hear real loud clacking that fall down.
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Interesting story. As a guitarist of 8 years I have never heard one play on its own. No vibration I know of could set a steel string off. My thought is that it may be possible that something else was making the noise but because the guitar was in line of sight you may have assumed it was the culprit. To be honest I wouldn't be concerned. A lot of paranormal stuff happens up in the Bluey's. Its because of the geology of the area. Thats why I believe a lot of people see and hear "Yowies" and the like up there quite often. The area lends itself well to residual type events. I would start a journal but I don't think you have need of fear. You might just have a spirit in the mood for a jam.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
As far as the quitar is concerned, the tune might have been triggered by vibrations in the wall. But about the footsteps in your room, I'd start considering a more paranormal approach to my questions.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
i and Thank you for sharring this intersting story with us. I believe that there might be a spirit popping in once in a while. It REALy is a good thing that you have a clear mind and you don't jump into things. It realy helps to explain things. But if they can not be explained the I guess there might be something there. I would suggest you do bless your house and do some research on it. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: