You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: The Ghost That Carries The Lantern 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost That Carries The Lantern 2

 

I posted a story on here a while back, about an orange light spotted in my woods one night while me and the rest of my band members were taking bad photos. Well, when we first saw it, we thought it looked as though someone was carrying a lantern. So we went and checked it out and you can read about what happened next in the other story I've already posted about it.

We've seen it again since then, twice to be exact, it still carries its condensed inside a lantern form, but we've found out that it's responsive to music. We've only seen it when we've been practicing. We would play a song we have that sounds like a fifties song, and it will appear out in the woods. We would see it outside, go back into our place of practice, play that song, and go back out and it would be closer to us.

When it notices us outside, though, it disappears and reappears back out where we would originally see it from. So, we stood outside one night after practicing and started trying to communicate with it. Our lead singer started to sing "Earth Angel" and it came closer, not close enough to tell exactly what it was, maybe about 100 feet out. I tried walking to it and it went back to where it came from. Our singer kept singing, and as she sang "Earth angel, earth angel, will you be mine? My darling dear, love you all the time..." The glowing orange light started to sway back and forth, it was getting into the music.

So Sean and I busted out our acoustic guitars and we played every old sounding song like that that we knew, and it swayed with all of them, then it went away. So we finished up practice and everyone else went home.

The other night, I went outside to check on my dog because he was barking, and I stared out to where we usually see it, and it was about 2 a.m. So I thought to myself, "No one else is around..." I started singing Earth Angel. And as soon as I did, the light appeared and started swaying.

Other hauntings by Kevan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kevan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tunka (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
My friend said to me the Min Min Light follows you, I mistaked it for It makes you follow it by it's brightness. I'm like "Whoa," and I was freaked out. The next day I asked her, and she said it follows YOU.
I have seen one once. We were in a farm when I was 12 and I saw like the blurry whity yellowy thing floating towards our roof (it was high up in the sky) while my father was playing his guitar for lessons (practise) he was playing Guns & Roses.
But on these holidays, I'm going to Germany and I heard there's lots of spirit things there...
Nice story too.
Thegrinch17 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Interesting that it likes music, especially "Earth Angel". Maybe this spirit was alive in the fifties when that song was popular! ❤
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
To chris b. Yeah, I recently found out that there have been 3 murders and 1 suicide in the woods, all from long ago, and whilst doing a little research, when the civil war was going on, they actually came over the hill that I live on today.

To Rhodes. Yeah, we were really excited to see it swaying back and forth to the tune. In a way we kind of felt as though we may have been helping this spirit relive better days.

To biemaster. Yes, I believe it is someone or something from around the 50's as I mentioned earlier, there have been 3 murders and 1 suicide in my woods, I don't know the exact time periods, but I know they were long ago, I thought it may have been one of those cases. But yes lol, a lot of crazy experiences, I really love just going into the scariest place I can find and just see what happens.

To dreamergal. Yeah, we would play one of our newer songs and it would stay back at its usual spot, but as soon as we would play the 50's song it would move closer and just sway right along.

To frawin. Yeah, I think music my have impacted this spirits life before it passed on that maybe music is the only way it can show itself.

To faerielike. We should be practicing again soon, so I'll set up my camera to film it this time
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
What a cool experience. I would have to say that if I were a ghost I probably would respond to music as well. I hope you all can get a better look at it, maybe even catch it on camera! 😁
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
Hello Kevan. A very interesting story, spirits respond to many different things but I never thought about music- maybe that is why they turn on radios.It's something to think about-music in the great beyond. Thank you for sharing it with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Music Ghost:) Sound like it love music and it come and go... As it please...
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Hi Kevan! I am really glad to hear you with another of your great stories!

That is the most weirdest thing I have ever heard! You said that when you played the fifties songs, "it" came closer. So I think it is a ghost from the 50's. Also, it seems that "it" is fond of music! 😆

Anyway, it would be great if you could catch a picture of it or a video! Keep us updated because I am really looking forward to your stories!

Biemaster

P.S. You do have the strangest experiences!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Another wonderful story on the site today! Thank you for coming back with an update Kevan!

Obviously you're dealing with something of a supernatural nature that enjoys an tune from the past. It's as if you and your music group are its only company up there who, not only sense its presence, but are kind enough to extend an invitation that is very much appreciated.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Wow I enjoyed this story as much as I enjoyed your other story. I think I had a different theory of this spirit in your last story but it sounds different now. It sounds like this spirit likes music. As you have noticed. It is hard to say what it is. The light you see is the way the spirit wants to be shown. I don't think it will fully manifestate. But it does sounnd as a cherfull spirit. All I could suggest is for you to do some research on the land. Maybe then you might know who this ius. I hope to hear from youy soon and take care
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
To morticia, thanks for commenting, Next time we were going to play for it I was going to set my camera up where it appears at usually.
Morticia (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Weird isn't it?

Orbs, or Min Min (Aboriginal spirit lights) as we call them here in Oz seem to enjoy music too, especially live music... Or outdoor rituals with ancient chantings.

I had about 200 people over to see me & my hubby renew our Pagan wedding vows in the woods on our country property. It was dark and the kids were all whispering & giggling about seeing nature spirits darting amongst the trees & the Min Mins.

When the photo's were developed, they were covered in orbs and flashes... Some zooming around when the music would have been playing. There were several cameras taking photo's that night and they all show the same lights, so it was no technical glitch.

I read that some sceptics would say it was balls of marsh gases and just a coincidence - but I like to think that native spirits were joining in the revelry. Orbs are often in my photo's and the camera is not dusty or faulty.

It would be interesting to see if you can actually film your lantern light... Let the music play on.:)

Blessed be.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: