You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Our Innocent Trip To The Queen Mary

Real Ghost Stories

Our Innocent Trip To The Queen Mary

 

I am just your average single mom with a son fascinated with ships. I took him to the Queen Mary for a few days on the way to Catalina Island, he knew the history of the ship, but neither of us at the time knew about the hauntings that are talked about. We were just excited to be on a part of history. We were just enjoying the old atmosphere.

There were not a lot of people staying on the ship at the time, so we were booked in the center of floor 2nd deck. We were so tired after running all day I did feel really strange at different parts of the ship, almost light headed and weak in the knees. I thought the ship moved but from what the staff said it doesn't.

The first night I had to get up several times because the water in the bathroom kept coming on, I just figured it was old. We kept our porthole open to enjoy the sea air but at least 5 times during the night it would slam shut. Now remember it opens in and it's heavy and so there was no breeze inside the room to close it. Again I just kept getting up and opening it.

About 2 am in the room across from us in our little hallway it seemed like a lot of people arrived, I could hear old music and the distinct sound of glasses being clinked together (toasting) and a lot of talking and whoever they were, they were enjoying themselves, but they were loud, so that first night I didn't get any sleep at all.

I went to the front desk the next morning before going to breakfast and asked if we could be moved because we had noisy neighbors, they looked for a minute and came back and said you don't have any neighbors-the closest to you is 5 rooms down.

Frustrated I just left and took my son to breakfast. On the tour the next day as we walked around to different parts of the ship I'd all of a sudden grab my spindly 10 year old on the shoulder as if he could hold me up. I felt weak as a kitten, like my legs had turned to jello, and when it came time to walk across the metal bridge over the boiler room. I just sat down on the ground in the midst of a crowded tour, my son came running across the walkway to see if I was okay and I had to be helped across the metal walkway.

We'd be walking along fine, happy, listening and taking everything in and out of nowhere, I just went blah, weak and absolutely had to sit. I justified everything-the ship is old, plumbing is old, the front desk assistant didn't speak English well so maybe she didn't understand me when I told her about our neighbors etc.

It wasn't until we were leaving and milling around the gift store that I saw a book called the Haunting of the Queen Mary and started to read a few stories that the hair on my arms stood up. I was glad we were leaving because if I had known before hand I certainly wouldn't have been so calm and matter a fact about things. My son had a great time and aside from a few odd things so did I, but weird things did happen and I am sure continue to happen.

Happy hunting!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LESLIEB, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Hello LESLIEB. Sometimes we can have our greatest experiences and never realize it at the time. Great story, thank you for sharing it with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
That Remind me of titanic the movie in happen in real life I wonder if that happen on queen mary and build up or fix up like new?
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Welcome to the site, LESLIEB. Thanks for sharing your fascinating experience. Did your son happen to experience anything while on board? Several years ago I was supposed to attend a conference with a block of rooms for us on board the Queen Mary. Unfortunately, when I attempted to make my reservaions, all the rooms were booked so I took the immature route and decided not to attend if I could not stay on board. But one of my co-workers who shared a room awoke in the dim light of early morning. She looked across the cabin and saw a woman in teal skirt and jacket bent over an open suitcase on the other bed. Thinking her cabin mate rose early and was preparing for the conference, she rolled over and fell back asleep. Later, she was awakened by her cabin mate returning from an all-nighter. Only then did she learn that her roommate was out all night and had not been in the cabin since early the evening before.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
I recently saw a documentary on the Queen Mary also called scariest places earth on the travel channel. They showed a lot of clippings of the captain "ghost", etc. And yes, I guess the boiler room is very haunted. They also showed what LeslieB explained about a party on the 2nd level that tourists hear. They showed on this documentary people dressed in tuxes, etc. Like almost a ball, listening to old songs, etc. Interesting. Been to California and looked at the Queen Mary but never boarded.
Thanks for letting me read your story LeslieB.
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Hi,
I myself have been to the Queen Mary plenty of times. I was so excited about going on the ghost tour which takes you down to the boiler room and ect... At the beggining of the tour I was happy and confident, on our way down the stairs, I started feeling really hot and light headed. I felt really odd and paranooid, I was almost going to ask the security to take me back- (but I didn't want to embarass myself). Lol

I truly enjoyed your story, thanks for sharing.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Wow thanks for sharring this story with us. I realy enjoyed it. I heard that there are a lot of hauntings in this ship. It is considered one of the most haunted ships in the US. To tell you the truth I think it was a good thing you didn't know about the place. Some times people exadurate about the noises and stuff but since you knew nothing about it I believe this story to be true. I am sorry you had to go through all of that (feeling sick and all). I hope to hear from youy soon and take care
Morticia (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
I just watched a doco on the haunting of the QM the other night... Even the psychic investigator got weak and had to sit down, so the energy - especially near the boiler rooms, must be pretty heavy. Even though the ship is not really old, it has an extensive history and has seen a lot of suffering - not only from the wealthy passengers having their hangovers!:)

Blessed be.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: