You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Former Residents

Real Ghost Stories

Former Residents

 

This is my ghost experience. The first part doesn't actually have anything to do with ghosts, but I feel I should write it down as well. You'll see why. I was 13 years old. I was in the 6th grade. It all started one summer when my parents sent me and my older sister in a camp in the city of Covasna. It was actually a hospital. I went there to treat my asthma.

I had more room mates. One of them was particularly strange and different. He said his name is Leo and he spoke hungarian, but could understand romanian as well. He was about 21 years old. We had sparrow nest hanging from the corners of our window frames. Romanians have a superstition. If someone breaks a sparrow's nest, something bad happens and I did break one as I was trying to put bread into the nest.

The next day one of my room mates bought rubber bats and they started to fight. Leo got hit in the head twice and he fell to the ground. He started foaming at the mouth. Just then the nurse came in and hit him again in the head with the door. The next second we were rushed out and another nurse brought some equipment into the room - electro shocks.

An hour later one of the nurses came in and told us that Leo was fine and had gone to the city, but I knew this wasn't true because I saw them taking him out of the hospital wrapped in a blanket and putting him directly into a coffin. (I'm not joking). He was dead and in a way I felt responsible for killing him because I had broken the nest.

Later that day I found out that Leo was a drug addict and he was in the hospital for desintoxication. I don't know what he was doing in that part of the hospital though...

A week later I left for home, the southern city of Giurgiu. Six months after this experience something happened. As I was saying my prayers (I pray almost every night) something appeared in front of me. I pray with my eyes shut, but I could still see it. It was like a flash, it was a person resembling Leo. It had his hair, long and curly, but his face was twisted into what seemed to resemble an eyeless, long-fanged demon. This flash only lasted a second or so and I got quite a fright out of it.

In the nights to come, I started hearing noises and foot steps in my room. I had a very hard time sleeping mostly because of the fact that I was scared. Object in my room started to disappear and reappear in places I had already searched. Some of them disappeared just so they could pop up God-knows-where days later. Most of them were objects I used frequently.

A couple of months later something else happened. This time things got serious. One night, as I was trying to sleep, two women appeared. They were both... Screaming... I don't know what to call it. They both had white dresses. I remember being paralyzed and unable to scream, although I wanted to. I was trying to call my mother, but all that came out was a whisper not even I could hear. I remember one of them floating in the upper left corner as you enter the room. The other one was hanging above my bed and was slowly descending towards me. I didn't see her at first, but as soon as I saw her get closer, I think I passed out because I only remember waking up the next morning soaked wet because of the sweat. I was very hot too.

The sounds didn't stop in the nights to come and objects from my room kept disappearing and reappearing and I kept hearing the same footsteps and thumping noises, and even whispers. I couldn't make anything out unfortunately. My mom was ready to go to a priest because of this, but I refused. I was getting curious in finding out more about them. I stopped being afraid of the noises and whispers and even smiled and said "I'm glad you're back" whenever I heard the noises in my room.

Former Residents

One day, after a well-slept night, I woke up, but kept my eyes closed and didn't move. I felt someone kissing me on the cheek and a soon as I moved a little I heard something like wind, like someone had opened a window very fast - a current - but I have no windows in my room (don't ask). Since then, I haven't heard any noises any more. Some objects kept disappearing and reappearing thought, but that stopped soon as well.

Four years later (in the 10th grade)... One day I was walking through the kitchen and a picture on the wall I had never noticed before caught my attention, a picture of a beautiful young lady in a white old-style dress. I stared at the picture for about five minutes. I then realized it was the ghost that was floating in the upper left corner of the room. I had never noticed it before.

I asked my mom about the picture and she said it belongs to the former residents of the house. I also asked my dad about the former residents. This is what I found out:

The house those people had was destroyed, but our house was build upon the remaining foundations of the old house. On the ground we possess there were actually two houses built, belonging to two sisters. When one of then died, my grandparent bought the house and then the second one as well when the other sister died. Unfortunately, this is all.

I don't know how they died or why they came to me, but this was an experience that marked me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jack_26, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
It wasn't your fault about Leo's death, he might have had brain damage from the drugs that he was on and when he got hit in the head, it probably caused something more severe. As for the sisters, they might have been there watching over you, thinking that you might have been a cousin or something, they didn't seem to be there to hurt you, but to watch over you. Thanks for the story and good luck. 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Hello Jack. I doubt very seriously that you had anything to do with Leo's death. The ball bats, door and the electro shocks might have been contributing factors but definitely not you breaking a bird's nest. I believe that your unfounded guilt triggered your experiences. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Wow jack that wowwow two sisters they may be not know they died and leo you seen him as a fang demon that scary...
Jack_26 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
i don't know if I am ever going to find out why they appeared. I know the women didn't mean any harm, but I don't think my guilt was what caused them to appear.
What puzzles me is why did I see them? And why did they stop appearing? I didn't want them to go away. I wish I could speak to them somehow.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Hi Jack from beautiful Romania! 😊

I will agree with Mustang's estimation about your experience. I do believe that your guilt over an unfortunate death that was in no way your fault was what turned these figures into evil.

I do hope that in time, you will let go off that guilt and instead, embrace this wonderful ability to see much further that the surface of material things.

Take care of yourself!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Hi Jack. I wonder if when you saw Leo as a long-fanged demon, if it were because you felt extremely guilty about breaking the sparrow's nest. As for the spirit of the lady in white, like you said, she used to reside in your home or where your home is, and she probably died in that home. I'm sure she loved her home during life and she continues to love her home in death. To her it is still her home even though she knows that you and your family live there now. It does not appear that she is harmful. I think she probably felt your anguish over Leo dying and you taking blame for it and she was probably comforting you by kissing you, to let you know everything will be ok.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
Jack_26 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
it has no revelance. I sent another picture and that is not it. A mistake has been made unfortunetely. 😭
Not_scared_anymore (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
intresting story jack 😊
But... What is the relevance to the picture you posted with it?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: