You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Chain Letter

Real Ghost Stories

The Chain Letter

 

I'm back, I got a "Chain Letter" and if you don't know what that is, then a 'chain letter' is when you get a text message or mail or email and it says you will die tomorrow at 12:00 or when you go to sleep or any time unless you don't send this to any number, that's on the paper and some are the type to go and send it. Well I got one the other day and at 11:59pm I was supposed to die.

I was up doing an awake thing where you and a few friends text or talk or call to see if the others are up like me and my best friend and his sister, who's nice.

As I was talking and at 11:30 I felt deep sorrow in my room like depression but I was talking to them and they would switch the phone entry time one and another was supposed to do a trick on there video game.

At 11:45 they were messing with me saying I was going to die in a few minutes and they were all like, "it's 11:59, you're about to die" and well I didn't die but I lost the bet, but at about 2:00am I was talking to him and I got a terrible stomach ache and I was having trouble breathing so I went to open the door in my room as I went back to sit on my bed and talk, the door shut and I was scared.

I said to myself it did it on accident and shut the door to hard and it whipped back but I know it was not me because I did it slow to see if anyone was at the door but of course not.

At 2:30, the stomach ache was bad and I was getting dizzy and I passed out on the phone when me and my friend were talking, but I was back in no time, he was surprised because I never pass out even in the worst heat when I'm out walking for hours, to get to his house and it's about 2 and a half miles away but I love to run. I smile in school when we are about to do the mile run and that's some work for a lot of kids in my gym class.

But beside the point at 3:00 am, I was hurting and then I passed out when I hung up to go to the bathroom. I just blacked out but when I woke up my foot hurt like crazy, all blood went to it and it was heavy and was bad and I have three cuts on my knee and two on my foot and a bad blood blister, on my toe that can't move right now and that hurts if you've gotten one and tried to cut it with toe nail clippers and you go to far down that really hurts!

If you have any comments or questions put them on down

Other hauntings by themexican

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, themexican, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aamo_29 (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-27)
Does that still happen to you? Because my friends encountered it too... Can you tell me where you live as in what country...
VAmplifier (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Hmmmm...chain letters... Coincidence factor... Death threats... Vampire apocalypse 😊...vodka...EUREKA!
AngelofDarkness (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
I agree with kuehnau chain letters are here to entertain people but most of them isn't true so anyway I enjoy your story and thanks for sharing it!
~AngelofDarkness ❤
kuehnau (5 stories) (60 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
Chain letters are nothing but silly ways for people to entertain themselves. You get them all the time, from e-mail, to comments posted, letters in the mail, even on dollar bills and should never be taken seriously.

The best part of the chain letter is that, something like "You will die next week", could actually apply to anyone, at anytime, at any place. We are fragile creatures and can die at any moment, due to any reason that we could imagine. Chain letters work on the coincidence factor and have roughly the same chance to apply to real life situations to any person as long as they are not extremely unlikely.

The fact that you fell ill or even had problems with your body, makes this appear to be nothing more then a coincidence at this point in time. Unless, for the sake of argument, that someone was trying to curse you or something.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Hi and thank you for sharring another interesting story with us. I believe that being so supersticious isn't realy a good thing. My wife is very supersticious and AI guess it sometimes can make life a little harder. I agree with other comments that if someone believes in something too much the mind may play tricks on us. That is one thing we always have to be ready for. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
I am the least superstitious person I know and that's a fact. I walk under ladders, open umbrellas in the house and don't get freaked over a black cat on Halloween night. I have been known to knock wood but I can count the times in my life I have done that and it's usually just to make a point but nothing superstitious. Superstition is like suggestion and it's powerful but all in the mind. What we feed the mind can manifest into reality. I think this is what happened to you. You may have rationally thought it bogus but the more you talked about it the more real it became. I would start by deleting chains on contact without even reading them. Kids can be highly suggestible and maybe the rest of what you experienced was the result.
AntE (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
Nice Story, Sorry you were so scared. I'd love to see more stories from you. 😐
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
Dear themexican,

Sometimes, if you believe in something too much, it could happen, the mind is a mysterious thing, unlimited is its capacity to change the world or one's life. I always receive those so called "find the right person" chain letters, it tells me if I don't send it to more people I will have a bad love life. I usually laugh this off since my love life already stinks 😁.

Good story themexican, on a side note, cool name. The bloody part was pretty creepy.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Wow 😕 I hate that chain letter cause I see one on myspace.com cause it say if you don't write or something back you will day next day or something and kind of creepy...
mlc13 (7 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
That is very confusing. Why don't you send the chain letter to another person? Just a suggestion. 😕
unaturalfreakyobject (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
If you truly believe something, your mind starts to make it real. Say if you believed you were going to turn into a werewolf, you'd get the symptoms of it, turning into a vampire you'd think you'd want to taste blood, etc.

I think that's all that happened here. It could be something more paranormal, but since something similar has happened to me I'll just blame it on that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: