You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Thump... Thump... Thump

Real Ghost Stories

Thump... Thump... Thump

 

I live on the east coast in New Jersey. I have never experienced anything paranormal before this night. I was lying in bed watching TV around 11:00 PM, in my room alone. I was just about to fall asleep when I heard thumping coming from inside my wall. I dismissed it and fell asleep.

I awoke at night to find something whispering "let me out PLEASE!" I got so freaked out that I ran outside and I wouldn't go back inside for the next day.

I put a cross up, and then I felt calm sleeping in my room again. But it was not over yet. The next night I know something was whispering from somewhere in my room. With great bravery, I got up and ran out my room. All the time something was whispering no escape, no escape, and no escape. One more thing happened after that. There was still that horrible, scary, THUMPING!

I attempted to exorcise my home but it wouldn't leave. Then the next night I heard glug, glug, glug. I left my room immediately only to find myself on the edge of insanity. Then I thought of some things that would stop this noise once and for all. So one night, with a cross and bible, I yelled "your are set free from this world!"

Then a moan came, then a scream, then a cry. Nothing happened after that. If anyone has had a similar experience, or has an answer to what this thing is tell me please. Thank you for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Eightgateslate65, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

skytiger859 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
well, it could be the soul of a person who got trapped in a room, died there and wanted out. That, or it was a demon, sent by the devil to torment you. (ps, some dumbass thinks that he is friends with the devil. Isn't that stupid as hell? You should read it for a laugh)
sarah12375 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
wow...that must have been scary and highly annoying...
That sort of happened to me a couple of times, the tapping in the walls. Though it wasn't an angry one likes yours seemed to be it was more just acknowledging it's presence:)
Hope you find all your answers!
God Bless ❤
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
Hi, that is a scary story!

Thank you for sharing it with us!

Search the history of the house, that's all I can tell you!

Princess123 x ❤
Eightgateslate65 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-16)
Whitebuffalo,There may have been more, but only one was in a noticeable state. And yes, it sounded only like a male voice.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
So, it was a repeated: Bang, bang, as in fists hitting the wall? And the voice- there was just the one male voice (which sounded like a young male voice) that did all of the communication?
Eightgateslate65 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
To answer your questions it sounded like someone having a tempur tantrum. A male voice, Probably around 30. It was a hard unforgiving voice. Thats the best I can describe it.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Really? I would need help if something was in my wall making all of this racket, too. I just have a few questions for you.
I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are in keeping with the guidelines of this website. This IS a site for the accumulation of knowledge, and the sharing of experiences of the Unknown, and not a campfire story library to refresh the ones already in circulation.
Can you describe the thumps a bit more? Was it a knocking on the wall? The sound of boots hitting the wall? Kicking, hitting, running up against...
The voice: male or female? Soft, or loud? Despirate, or matter-of-fact?
See, the problem for me is, I get no FEELING from this story. There is nothing but an empty reading of words. Now, that may be just that I have more questions than the story answered, or...
With having a brother who is a Roman Catholic Priest, I also know that it takes a bit more than a Bible, a Cross, and well intended words for an excorsism also. But then, on the same token, with my personal experiences, I know that an excorsism is not always in order, and sometimes do more harm than good. It IS possible to release a ghost from this world WITHOUT the use of an excorsism.
What is on the other side of the wall?
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Hi and thanks for sharring your story with us. I hate to say it but I agree with Tonith on this one. I to am a little sceptic on this one. But I did like reading it. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
You have more gumption than me by a long shot or you are pulling our leg which I hope is not the case. You didn't give much background to the house itself. Is it old and how old or new but the ground it's on probably has some kind of history? I don't know if you set it free or scared it into leaving or did it actually leave? Guess time will tell.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
You freed prison spirits, and it is also your first simple ghost exorcism. Its is simple to talk to a harmless ghost, but a dangerous one, I expect you call in a church priest to exorcise it...
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
I don't think it went away. (HI,) I think it stoped because it knew you wounldn't help him. If I were you I wounld have tore down that wall and see if there was a body in there. You should do that. Just see, you never know.
GIRLIE I hoped I helped. 😁
BloodFest (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
you could've tried talking to whatever was inside your wall... It was probably asking for your help and for some reason, its as if there were two spirits there... One trapped and the other trapping it... Idk... I'm just being broadminded about this story... It is very interesting btw.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Maybe You Search the background of the place where you live and see the history where and why that thing there in the wall or whatever that thumping and One things I did notice some crazy people try to bury dead or life people and build a wall there... So thought maybe they did.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: