You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Strange Night Light

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Night Light

 

I was at home last night with my two children. I put them to bed and watched TV for a while. After quite some time of staying up late, I decided to go to bed. My husband was out with his friends. When he is gone I always seem to hear more noises. It seems like I am always awakened out of sound sleep to get up and investigate a noise.

Last night it was around 1am, I was lying in bed fast asleep and felt someone watching me. When I opened my eyes I saw a faint light floating above my bed going away from me. I also have a small Yorkie who lies right next to me in bed. She had started growling and barking at this light. So I sat up real quick to see if somehow it was one of my kids or some light from a car but it was not reflecting off of anything. It was floating between my bed and the ceiling.

I turned to grab my phone real quick (it was the only light I had next to me) and when I turned around it was gone. So I jumped up and turned on my bathroom light in my bedroom and looked under my bed and in my room for someone and did not see anything. I went and checked on the kids and they were asleep in their beds.

I went back in my room and just felt a little scared. I had seen this light before but never really chalked it up to anything more then just my husband turning some lights on in the kitchen or me just imagining something I saw on TV. It was very strange though that my dog was staring at it barking and growling at it. So I kept my bathroom light on and finally fell back asleep.

Needless to say I am very tired this morning.

Just trying to figure out what it was and if I will see it again tonight...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sscandalous, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sscandalous (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
I have seen it when he is home too. But always just figured it was him doing something. We have lived in our home for about 5 years now. It is a older house though. A couple years ago a lady in her 30's had fallen down the stairs next door and died. The only thing that has happened there is that they are doing a bunch of construction next door and have dug up the whole back yard.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I understand that you are a little curious in what this is. For me the light that you saw is a spirit who can not fully manifest. It is one of the process a spirit ges through. I am a litle sceptic when it comes to orbs on pictures but to see it with the naked eye is realy something. I hope to hear from you soon and take crae
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
Some light anomilies are natural. I read it has something to do with static electricity building up. High levels of electromagnetic fields have been know to cause it too along with the feeling of being watched and even to the point of feeling paranoid or physically sick. This aside, your dogs reaction would be the one I would be concerned about. Animals are sensitive on a natural basis. If the dog was flipping chances are you may have a resident spirit or a visiting one and the dog caught on to it and reacted. I don't know if it has to do with your own unsettled feeling (I know I sleep better when my husband is home) of being home alone with the kids but that's possible as well. Guess it's a wait and see deal. Doesn't sound like it means you any harm but I can understand your trepidation.
Elahie (3 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
Sounds like a ligaru to me (jackolantern)... The other night one tied me and my grandmother... That so really creepy but never seen one 😢
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
HI, Cool story. It could have been a family member that died and wanted to check on you.
GIRLIE 😁
nightshadower (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
all the times I have experienced ghosts, my dog was always barking at something, trying to protect me. I was saved by my dog from evil spirits many times, that is why I call her rakoolight.

Glad your safe, take care
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
Hi sscandalous. Do you only see this orb when your husband is not home? I do not see anything to be afraid of. It means no harm. It may be your Guardian Angel looking over you while you sleep and/or while your husband is away. I am sure that it has a purpose for being there, you just do not know what that purpose is. Keep a record of it when it happens. The date, the time, what it looks like, and what it did. You might start to figure out its purpose. If you have exhausted anything logical that may make it appear than you can only ASSUME that it is probably something paranormal. How long have you lived in your home? Do you think it has anything to do with your home or property? Is this the only time you have experienced anything paranormal. It's really hard to say, at this point, of what it could be. Like I said, start keeping a record of it and maybe you will figure out what's going on. You may never know what it is or why it is appearing to you. Keep us updated and thanks for sharing.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
Dear sscandalous,

I guess you saw an orb, nothing to be worried about. Although, it could confirm you have a resident ghosts, and believe me, no one really wants a ghost in their house unless you are a ghost enthusiast. It is important that you not show fear, they feed off it. And don't challenge them; ghosts are not playful and harmless. If anything does escalate into a genuine haunting like banging, moaning, screaming, scratching and etc, then I advise you hire or contact a qualified psychic for assistance, check their credentials and make sure they are not rookies.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: