You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Ghostly Memories From When I Was Young

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghostly Memories From When I Was Young

 

When I was younger, ages 6-8, I lived in an old house rented by my aunt at the time. I am not sure of the year the house was built, but I do believe it was sometime in the 40s or 50s.

I shared a downstairs bedroom with my sister who was 2 years older than me. Although it was the first floor, the window was still approximately 8 feet off the ground due to a hill the house was sitting on.

We had this silly alarm system on our house that was activated by sensors at the tops and bottoms of the windows and the front, basement, and back door. The windows in the house were all new when we moved in.

One night in the middle of summer our whole family (me, my sister, and my mother and father) woke up to the sound of the alarm sounding. We searched around the house and nothing was out of place except for the bedroom window that I had my bed under. It had been shut.

My mother tried to tell me that I must've done it in my sleep. She surely just wanted me to get back to sleep. I went to bed that night knowing that I did not shut it in my sleep because honestly as a 7 year old girl I did not have the strength to sit up use both hands and shut a window all in my sleep. I am a very light sleeper, I would've woken up.

A few months later I remember going in my room to lie down for the night. I'm sure you remember, when you're young you have a set bed time and you need to go to bed even if you're not tired? Well I was not tired. I remember lying awake looking out the window at the sky and the trees. I always kept a night light on in my bedroom.

I saw a man with light hair and a blurry face walk past and stare into my window. I remember exactly what it looks like because it scared the hell out of me. I covered my head with the blankets and went to sleep.

I always wondered why he had looked blurry, because thinking back, it looked like a reflection. I know that nobody could've walked past my bedroom window from the outside with me seeing him. Like I said, the window was about 8 foot off the ground.

I am 20 years old now, and I still remember these events clearly.

Recently, about 2 years ago when I was 18, my sister and I were talking about how when I was little I used to have so many stuffed animals.

My sister then asked me why I talked to them every night before bed. I told her I didn't and she told me that every single night that we lived in that house she heard whispering coming from my bed. Whispering that she couldn't make out the words, but she heard it clear enough to remember 10 years later.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, InhaleExhale, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Ok I un-like everyone else do understand... The alarm went on because someone shut your window. I guess the alarm was sensitive to the adjustment of windows. Understood. That is all very creepy to me, especially the whispers coming from your room. We can't really tell you whether or not this was something paranormal. Only you would know that. Thanks for sharing. ❤ Jasmin
Lijde (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
That story sent chills down my spine, creepy. 😨

I remember when I was a little kid, I would talk to this little blonde girl. But my parents would always ask who I talked to, and apparantly she wasn't real because they said they couldn't see her, when she was right beside me.
I didn't even remember that stuff until my mom reminded me about it when I was 11.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Hi and thank you for sharring your story with us. I realy enjoyed reading it. I have to say that I am a little confused just like everybody here. Not that I'm saying I don't believe you but it would be a good Idea to clear up some things. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
Hi That strange about the blurry man' face kind like the tv as in private to hide the face... Yeah about your sister say you talking to stuffed animals hmm strange also, So your alarm turn off or on when it woke your family up.
Masako (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
The part that got me most was your sister saying she heard you whispering. It makes me think maybe it was the stuffed animals doing the whispering.:) That would certainly be something. Thank you for your story!
BloodFest (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
hey... Your story is very interesting... It kind of gave me the chills esp about that man you saw by your window... And btw, I know this is probably something off topic but by the look at your name, I believe you like the band InhaleExhale... Lol... Cz I love 'em too... 😁 cheers
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
Hello InhaleExhale. I did enjoy your story and I'm not trying to be critical (I'm confused),. How does your alarm system work. All systems that I am accquainted with the alarm goes off when a window is OPENED not closed. I could be wrong. Could you please explain?
Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😕
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
Hi InhaleExhale (by the way, nice name!) and thanks for sharing your story with us! Oh and welcome to YourGhostStories!

This was a very interesting story indeed which you shared with us! Although, there is one problem. I didn't quite understand that part in which you said the alarm went off. Was it because you left the window closed or something else? Please would you be kind enough to clarify that for me? Thanks a lot!

The part about the blurry faced men is really weird! I think it must be a man or a ghost but you must have thought the face to be blurry because you may be sleeping in bed so you must have looked through hazy eyes? I know its a stupid thought but just asking.

Otherwise, the whispering part was really strange to read! Maybe it was a ghost of a child or it was just your sister imagining stuff. But I don't think that's very likely because a person can't imagine " every day you were staying there". Did you check out the history of the place? If you did, please do tell us! Thanks a lot!

Biemaster

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: