You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Creepy Things Happening

Real Ghost Stories

Creepy Things Happening

 

In 2006, my sister had a very strange thing happen to her. She lives in a duplex with her family and her children were all sleeping at the time. She was laying down on her couch in her living room and she was trying to go to sleep. There is this heavy door just across from her that leads to the basement door. There is no windows or doors down there and it's just a little laundry room.

Suddenly, that door opened a little bit. Then, it slammed shut with a powerful force. My sister was so scared. She said, she couldn't sleep that night after that happened.

Another, strange thing happened to her friend that stayed overnight in the guest room. Her friend said, she was just laying on the bed reading a book with the top ceiling light on. Then, she saw this white cloud come directly out of the wall. It seemed like a person just standing there and it was looking at her. Then, it went back into the wall ,again. She did stay that night but the next day she told my sister what happened in that bedroom upstairs. She also told my sister she will never stay overnight, again.

My other sister and her daughter were visiting this other time. And, something odd had happened to her daughter while in the upstairs bathroom. She heard these footsteps outside the door and when she opened the door to check... Nothing was there. It started happening, again. She just got out of there and ran back downstairs. She told her mother what happened to her on their way back home that evening.

The duplex may be haunted and things happen now and then. Thank you, for reading.

Other hauntings by canadian123

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, canadian123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HighNoonFilms (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
Hi there,

Not a lie - we're two different people working on the same production. However we've been using a similar template to contact people so I can see how this may cause a misunderstanding.

Thanks for your comment.

Regards,
Michael
suucubussed2 (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-08)
Highnoonfilms...someone has been posting the exact same thing on this site as yourself, only they've been calling themselves "Ed" instead of "Michael"

If you want to gain people's trust, it might help if you don't open up with a lie.
HighNoonFilms (4 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-05-08)
Hi Marg,

My name is Michael -- I'm a writer working on a prospective TV series called "Don't Turn Out The Light" (www.dtotl.com) to be produced in Australia.

This is a paranormal series, recreating real tales of peoples' encounters with the paranormal. Currently we're compiling stories for the series, with the aim of representing the most fascinating encounters from around the world - it's for that reason I'm writing to you.

I was wondering if you'd be interested in allowing, at least in part, those accounts to be recreated/reenacted?

At this early stage, this would involve initiating contact only. Depending on your preference, it would mean me contacting you to further discuss what the show is about and how it would relate to your contribution.

I understand, given the unsettling nature of the subject matter, if recanting it may not be preferable - so please understand, the series will be in good taste, take the subject seriously, and will protect your personal details as you'd require.

If you would like to discuss this further or if you have any questions, please email me through my contact on my profile: michael [at] highnoonfilms.com.

Thank you and I hope to be in contact with you soon,

Kind Regards,
Michael
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
Wow, and very interesting. But what happened to the person that was the ghost? What I mean is how did the person die? ❤
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
And thank YOU for sharing! Strange sounds and more do make one's household less than popular sometimes.

Like Kim said, it doesn't seem like you should be concerned as of yet. It does seem like there's someone there who wishes to let her know of their presence. Does she know anything about the past history of this house-like who lived before her and such?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Sounds as if your sister and her family are not the only ones residing in the duplex.

I would say that from the descriptions you are giving, there is no harm ar malicious intent of the entity there.

However, it is frightenening none the less.

If your sister and her family want to get rid of the other inhabitant (s), have them speak out loud and tell 'it' to leave in the name of the Lord. Tell 'it' to cross over to peace with the Lord, that it is no longer to reside on this plane. Say some prayers for 'it' and let 'it' be released.

Thanks for sharing and keep us posted.
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: