You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Strange Experience At A Fred Meyer

Real Ghost Stories

A Strange Experience At A Fred Meyer

 

This is by no means a spectacular story (and I have read some wonderful ones on here!), but it was the most recent experience I've encountered and a bit creepy all the same.

About a month back, a friend and I were on our way to a party and stopped by our local Fred Meyer (in Bellingham, WA) to pick up some beer for our friend. We had just walked down the aisle, and faced with the dilemma of finding the brand our friend wanted, we spent a good few minutes pacing around and being unsuccessful in our endeavor.

Deciding to go to the grocery store across the street instead, I turned around to say something to my friend and right as I did, a bottle of beer on the third shelf up literally jumped out of the six-pack it resided in and rolled across the floor to our feet.

Startled, we both stared wide-eyed and silent; I would have assumed it had just fallen had I not witnessed it myself, and my friend quickly confirmed what I had seen. It looked like an invisible someone had lifted it straight up out of the pack and dropped it on the ground in front of the display case; it was a glass bottle and didn't break, so it obviously wasn't done with much force.

We both kind of laughed it off after a moment, until a Fred Meyer employee who had been about 5 feet away at the time came over to pick it up and we mentioned how strange it was. He told us straight-faced that it was just one of their ghosts; they have two of them in the store, apparently, and even have names for them! He told us weird things happen around the store quite frequently.

Needless to say, we got out of there pretty quickly after that!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Megan_Dawn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fred_Figglehorn_fan (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-17)
I go to that one wow I would have never guessed well I'm never going agian 😲
DepressedCupcake (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-20)
Wow in Bellingham? I live there and I've been there too, I never knew it was haunted. But I always knew the energy in there was'nt right. I'm going to have to check it out next time. I just read that the stock room is a hot spot there, I might have to check it out for myself. 😐
lctiger06 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-03)
I read this and couldn't believe that out of all the stories that this one happened in Bellingham! I go to Western and have for sure been in that Fred Meyer. Who knew it was haunted? Haha I think I may have to go check this out now! 😁
honnaryn (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
it sounds really freaky and I would probably be scared but I would probably convince myself that it was just my imagination 😨
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-03)
Hi Megan_Dawn.Ahh, that sounds like my kind of store-HAUNTED! I really enjoyed your story because I work in a store that has "extra employees" of the ghostly nature. One question, was the beer that jumped off the shelf, the kind you were looking for? I was just wondering if he/she was trying to be helpful or telling you to get your beer and leave.

Thank you for sharing your story with us, I really enjoyed it. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
A ghost hanging out in the beer store. Sounds like what my hubby would do! 😆 Interesting story! 😊
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Hi Megan_Dawn. I would also be interested in learning the history of this store. It would seem like it could have been an employee of the store in the past who enjoyed working there and stayed even after death. However, it is hard to say since I don't even know how long the store has been there and if an employee that worked there even died. See if you might be able to find out any more info on the store and/or the property, if you're interested in knowing that is. Thanks for sharing your story.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Wow I agree with Kim. I to would want to know more about that place. I read a similar story here and I realy enjoyed it. It looks like a spirit realy likes his work. Even after death he goes back there. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
I would be very anxious to know the histpry of this place. It sounds like there may be a very rich one with the employees commentts!

Thanks for sharing!
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: