You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Marbles From The Attic

Real Ghost Stories

Marbles From The Attic

 

This is a story told to me by my sisters. My brothers and sisters had many paranormal experiences individually. This story is about my sisters, Ana and Rosa. Ana was about 12 years old and Rosa was about 16. My bio has more details about my brothers and sisters.

One morning, at about 6:30 a.m., Ana was getting ready for school in the bathroom. Suddenly, she heard someone calling her name. She listened to see who it may have been. The voice sounded very distant and strange. This is not a voice she had heard before. She ignored it. Again, she heard the voice. It said, "Aaannnnaaaa..."

She then thought maybe it is Rosa calling her. She went to Rosa's room and found her sound asleep. She woke her up and asked, "Are you calling me?" Rosa said in a very sleepy voice, "No. Why? I'm sleeping..."

Ana then explained that she heard someone calling her. It sounded like it was coming from the attic, but she thought she would ask regardless; just in case. Ana went back to the bathroom, got ready, and left for school. My sister Rosa didn't go to school that day. Later when she woke up, she told my mom that Ana heard a voice call her name and she also heard marbles falling out of the attic door. (Why my sister would exaggerate? I don't know, but she still exaggerates about pretty much everything to this day.)

My mom brushed it off and the whole day was normal; the ones who went to school, went to school, everyone was together again by 4pm, dinner around 7pm, then bedtime at 10pm. We all had to share rooms. Rosa and Ana shared a room, but this night Ana decided to sleep in the living room with my brother Salvador; therefore, Rosa slept alone in their room. It was now about 12:30 and Rosa was still not asleep. Keep in mind that the attic door was a pull down door located on the ceiling outside of Rosa's bedroom door. She tossed and turned all night.

She described that night to be eerie and felt a thickness in the air. She was hot and couldn't find a comfortable position to sleep in. She got up to open the door in hopes it would help cool her room down. Eventually the room began to cool down and she felt like she would fall asleep soon, but that was interrupted by a familiar sound. Rosa lay still in order to be able to distinguish whether or not this is really what she was hearing. She came to the conclusion that, yes, she heard marbles falling.

The marbles were falling out of the ceiling. Where they falling from the attic door, maybe? They would fall down, bounce on the hallway floor, then into her room. They would then bounce off the foot board of her bed then hit the stereo in front of the bed. She couldn't see them falling in the hallway, but she could hear them. She could see them hitting the stereo though.

At this point my poor sister was petrified. She lay still though waiting to see what happened next. The marbles stopped falling from the ceiling, but she could now hear them under her bed. It sounded like someone was flicking them around, as if they were playing with them. It was quite possible for someone to be under her bed since her bed frame stood very high. I, as a kid, remember crawling around under this bed during games of hide-and-seek.

My sister lay still, but finally let out a scream and yelled for mom. Mother came running to her room, turned the bedroom light on and found my sister curled up on the bed. Rosa said, "Mom look under my bed and tell me if you see marbles..." My mom looked and found dozens of marbles under the bed. Some were still rolling around.

My mother asked what happened. Rosa explained what happened and then confessed to exaggerating that morning about the marbles. My sister, as big as she was, slept with my parents that night. I, myself, do remember the next morning. I remember my mom and Rosa picking up the marbles that day. I also remember my mother demanding us to find every marble in the house and throw it away. Since then, we were never aloud to bring marbles into our home.

Other hauntings by Jasmin314

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jasmin314, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lupitabejarvera (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
hmm I wonder if marbles mean anything?
Have you ever asked a ppriest or looked it up en un libro de brujeria?
I would never dare to look in one but I don't know maybe you did...
Sometimes different object have certain meanings
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
Hello Jasmin. I found this story very interesting. Anytime that solid objects are manifested paranormally, I am fascinated. I would have loved to have had a few of them. Thank you for sharing this fascinating story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Carlos (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Hola, que tal, gracias por leer mi historia, thanks for commenting, ill expecto to write more stories, I have a lot of experiences to tell
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Sarah, for all of these years, that is exactly what my family has been telling her. Everytime she gets caught in a lie, we remind her about the marbles. My mother told her that whatever it was, was trying to teach her a lesson about lying. ❤Jasmin
Sarah (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Hi Jasmin,

I believe that although your sister had a tendency to over exaggerate things, on that occasion her 'lies' angered whoever was truly trying to communicate with Ana. For that reason the spirit targeted her that night and used the exact things that she had lied about earlier to get its point across. It's Slightly Scary but ingenious at the same time. A clever spirit trying to teach an important lesson.

Sarah.
littlelaura33 (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Scary! Your poor sister, she must of been really scared! I certantly would be. I hope she has got through her experience ok. Has anything happened paranormal wise in that house since that night? If not you are lucky.

Littlelaura33 😕 ❤ 😐
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
It sis so nice to hear from you again Jasmine. And to that you sharred another great story. I Realy liked rading this story. I kind of got the feeling that there might be a child in there. But it may aswell be poltergeist activity. It is a good thing not to exagerate. Your sister didn't undertsand that then. You want marbels Ill show you marbels! 😆.I guess that is what the spirit thought of saying. I hope to hear fgrom you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Hi Jasmin, welcome back 😊. That was an unerving experience-one of the many you experienced at home! To me this all rings polteirgeist again. It seems that there must have been a lot of tension while growing up in a big family and such tension gives birth to considerable amounts of energy around children and teens. I say this with a bit of hesitation since I have not yet heard you describing a direct 'confrontation' and yet, it would be very useful if you knew anything specific about the history of your home.

Thanks for sharing!

Tammy ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Marbles? I wonder why marbles. Kind of makes you think of a child or children.

Were there other experiences in the home? Are you still living in the home?

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: