You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Song of Innocence

Real Ghost Stories

A Song of Innocence

 

I have lived in my current residence for a little over 6 years now. It's a small, costly, yellow brick house. It has a rather large back yard. The first night I stayed there, I had strange dreams about a young girl. She was no younger than at least 6. I only had these dreams for a day or two, but much stranger things began to happen in my conscious world that soon terrified me.

I'm a person who loves to sing. So on a sunny day, home alone, doing some chores, I start to sing aloud to my self. I'm walking around the house singing while I'm doing laundry and things. After a while I start humming, then I completely stop singing. No more than 5 minutes after I stopped, I started to hear the same song I was singing, faintly in my attic. I stopped what I was doing and started to listen. The voice was much higher than mine, so I could tell she was a little girl. The song started to get louder. I started to freak, then remembered the girl in my dreams. Remembering what my step-father had told me about spirits, I reacted. He believed that if you told them to go, calmly and unafraid, they would for compelled to leave you. I started to think, and say aloud, "Leave me, you are not wanted here." Soon the voice got fainter, and the song faded from the house.

Still to this day, occasionally when I'm alone, I'll sing to my self. No voice is heard, no song of innocence. The girl had left my home, but resided in my mind from then on.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
Brandy you can't show fear when asking them to leave. If they're that persistant start by taking a few deep breaths and say calmly but firmly Your not welcome here I demand you leave in the name of Jesus Christ. Or yell at them or pray whatever fits for your religion. God bless and also to Francois, I don't think she hurt the spirits feelings more like gave her that boost to move on towards the light. What song were you singing by the way, I sing to myself as well and I always get the feeling my ghost is watching me and wanting to know what I'm doing lol take care, Katherine
lovindaparanormal (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-30)
I have to disagree with Francois. You didn't hurt anyone's feelings. You did the right thing in asking the little girl to leave. She needed to know it was alright to move on and be with loved ones already passed. Noone should ever keep spirits around just for kicks. She's where she should be now and you helped her get there. Thank you for that.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Dear Stephie,

I sing too, well... Actually used to. I believe you hurt the feelings of the little girl since the spirits of children crave attention as they did in life. But I have to say, that little girl is very obedient, she left when you told her too. Nobody likes being kicked out though. Pray for her soul so she may finally find peace.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
Hunters (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
i also sing too, lol.
Anyways it must be brave for you to step up and tell the spirit to leave in a kind way. Most people are rude the way they tell the spirit to leave.

Truly,
Hunters
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
I would be interested to hear about the history of your house, have you researched it at all? Just curious.

God Bless!
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-03)
Hey Stephie, maybe the girl really needed to tell you something. I think that she was a spirit in the house and she was just a sweet, innocent girl who wanted to talk to you, or something. It isn't your fault, though, I probably would have done the same thing, I also would have told the girl to leave. Well, I better go, good luck.
unguided_traveler (9 stories) (35 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-03)
the same goes for me brandy, i've tried to make the spirits in my home leave, but they continued to torment me... I think they get a kick out of it. but Stephie I think it's really neat that your spirit left when you asked...what a nice little girl.
brandy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-03)
hi I have to say that asking them to go away dosent work I beg them I even cry my self to sleep begging them to leave its to much and cause I fear for my soon to be baby but there still here
Carla (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
Amazing story Stephie
U should look into the history of your house to see who lived there as there might be some kinda link to this girl, I always say that to people cause its interesting to find out.
What can you remember about your dreams?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: