You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Mystery Cat

Real Ghost Stories

Mystery Cat

 

It was October 12, 2004. I was 10 years old at the time, and lived in Columbus, Ohio. My mom and dad decided to move in a big house in a small town. I really had a bad feeling about the house, it just wasn't that I didn't like it or anything although the house was really old, and it did need a new paint job. So, about 2 or 3 weeks later after moving in, my dad called the landlord to come over and paint the house into a light blue color. The landlord came in with his partner and they went straight to work.

I decided to go upstairs to my room, and get on the phone, so I can talk to my friends. When I came in, I shut the door behind me, and the windows were already shut and locked. Remember, I am upstairs. After making some phone calls, and talking to some of my friends, there was this black cat, with a little bit of white on its chest, at my window. I went to open the window, and it was already unlocked, and by the time I opened it, the cat disappeared. I closed the window, and locked it. When I walk fast to the door to go downstairs, because of course I'm freaked out, the door swings open by itself. I'm wondering how it could do that by itself.

On my way downstairs, my mom asked me if everything was ok, I said yes, and then told her about the door opening by itself. She said it was nothing, and I thought to myself that maybe she was right. I was probably just imagining stuff. Well, not everything. I know that the cat that I saw was not my imagination, and the unlocked window. I don't believe that anyone went into my room. My mom and dad aren't the type of parents who barge into my room to look through my stuff. I don't even have a brother or sister, I was an only child.

I went outside to walk a little, to know the place a bit. When I came back to my house, which was about 15 minutes later, there was the same cat I saw through my window. It was about 7 feet away from me, beside my house. This time I could see through it. I decided to run to it, to see if it's fake or not. The cat faced the other way, took a couple of steps, and faded away.

That was the last time I ever saw the cat again. I could still here the cat once each month through my window, and I just ignore it, so I kind of got used to it.

Other hauntings by JustMe2008

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JustMe2008, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
I honestly think that the cat used to be a residence in that home, that he might have belonged to a kid or teenager, and when you moved in it might have brought its presence around. Then again you being an only child it could be that even though the cat is gone, that it comes to you to try to cheer you up, and to let you know that home was once its, and it was happy and you will be too. Sorry that is just my opinion.
Thanks for sharing your story with us. 😊
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Hi JustMe2008, I'm wondering if the cat used to live in that house. (It may be alive, but I've also seen stories about ghost-animals hanging out in places where they used to live.) I have a totally all-black cat -- not a speck of white anywhere on her -- and she is very sweet. (She is a breed of cat known as "Bombay," and there are lots of them in California, especially.) Anyway, the door could've opened itself if the latch doesn't close properly and got jarred open when you walked quickly toward it. You might want to test it. Of course, being that you're a teenager, it's possible that YOU might have psychically opened it, especially if you were upset. If I were you, I'd (1) say a prayer of protection and check that door; and (2) set out a tin of food for the maybe-ghost kitty!
Wishing you peace,
Allie
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Dear JustMe2008,

Hello, I am sorry to hear about the foreclosure, things like those are all too common nowadays. Jessy, have you searched the history of the vicinity? Have there been rituals in the area? Do you believe the black cat is an omen?

As far as I see the story, the whole thing sounds very puzzling; perhaps you could be seeing a restless entity looking for attention. I reckon you might be either having a residual or intelligent haunting. I am not an expert in these areas; therefore I cannot offer much guidance. I just say, wear a Benedictine medal for protection. I enjoyed the puzzling story very much and I am excited to see what happens next.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. I cannot wait to read your next post. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Interesting--I remember reading a curious factoid that, while on this side of the Atlantic, black cats are considered bad luck, in Britain it's just the opposite (or at least it was--anyone from the UK out there who can verify this for me?).

I don't think it meant any harm to you--I keep getting the feeling that he (or she) just wanted to give you a welcome.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
I think it is going to be knid of hard to find out if there was a ever a black cat living there. Of course, you have nothing to lose. This is creepy. I would just look up all meanings to the "black cat" and find out if there is anyone who has had similar experiences. This site is a very good resource for that.
littlelaura33 (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Is there any history in a cat living there or not?
But I quess your story is pretty spooky all the same and does that cat still come to your window?
Take the cats visits as a privelidge because it could feel sorry for you being an only child. It might to be your friend! 😆 ❤ 🤔
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
I see that cat is spying on you every month as mentioned. The cat is mysterious, try finding the history of the place your living in, if your still staying there that is, if you can find a history about that black cat that you see every month,please,tell me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: