You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Strange Pictures After A Concert

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Pictures After A Concert

 

Three years ago, a group of friends and I went to a concert at what is now my college. We were all excited on our way to the school, except we realized that no one remembered to bring a camera. We decided to stop by a gas station to buy some disposable ones.

Once we arrived at the school, we began taking pictures with the camera; mostly just ones of us being silly in line waiting to be let in. It was September, so the weather, even at night, was still relatively warm. As I recall, it had been around 50 degrees F.

After the concert, the girls decided to pose for pictures in the back of a friend's truck while the boys took the pictures. We only took a few pictures, and then decided it was time to head home.

Strange Pictures After A Concert 1

Two weeks later, I accompanied one friend, Colleen, to pick up the pictures that she had gotten developed. I waited in the car as she went inside, and when she came back out again, she handed the pictures to me. She drove the car while I looked through the pictures. I got to the ones that we took after the concert in the parking lot and I noticed something strange in the 3rd one.

There was some type of orb floating to the left of us. There were no lampposts directly around us. The only ones in the parking lot were a few rows behind us in front of some woods. I didn't think much of it, until I flipped to the next picture. In the same spot where the orb floated in the previous photo was something that looked like a cloud or fog. This cloud photo was taken only about 10 seconds or so after the orb one. And the picture taken about 10 seconds before the orb one was completely normal.

The moment I looked at the cloud, I saw what appeared to be a face (I don't want to point it out to you because I want to know if you can see it on your own when you look at the picture). Just looking at the picture scared me, and I knew that it was something weird. To me, the face did not look friendly, and I am very glad that we did not see it while the picture was being taken.

Strange Pictures After A Concert 2

As I said before, it was a warm night, so I know it was not someone's breath, as you can see if it is cold outside. There was no fog around either. Since I go to school there now, I know what the fog there looks like. It stays low to the ground (this "cloud" is near our heads, probably 7-8 feet in the air) and it would have shown up in the other pictures. This is the only photo out of all that night that it was in.

I showed the pictures to my friend that was driving, and she looked just as confused as I was. When we got home, we showed the pictures to my mom. She said that she had just watched a ghost hunting show the other night, and they had taken pictures similar to ours. The only difference was that they had a digital camera and ours was a disposable one. Everyone I showed the picture to pointed out the same face that I saw without me telling them where to look or what to look for.

The next fall I started my freshman year at that school. Around October or so, a friend and I decided to take a walk and explore some of the campus. We walked down to the parking lot where those pictures had been taken, so I decided to tell her about them. She pointed out a path that led from the back row of the parking lot into the woods behind it. Neither of us knew where it led.

Once we entered the woods, there was a stream with a bridge going over top of it. When we got about half way over the bridge, I stopped in mid-step. Over the bridge and a little distance back in the woods, I could see a cemetery. I refused to go any further because I got so freaked out. I remembered the face I saw in the cloud, ran off the bridge, and made my friend walk me back to my dorm. I'm not sure if whatever was in that picture was related to the cemetery, but my gut feeling on that bridge was to leave immediately. I haven't gone back there since.

Other hauntings by scathach16

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scathach16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EvilAlbear (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
WOW did anyone else notice the two hands in the fog?! One was pointing at the girls while the other held a thumbs up, hahahaha xD
Staris (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
Not to be too much of a skeptic, but the pictures seem a little unnatural in that the back round is so vague; nothing there. And in the second photo, it's as if someone was planning on something being placed next to the girls because they are so far to the right. Most people can center a photo better than that.
They just seem a little suspicious but still fun to look at none the less! ๐Ÿ˜Š
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-28)
Very good pictures. They most likely are related to the nearby cemetery, no wonder you were creeped out. Thanks for posting.
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
i think I see the face but not sure. I thought I saw to small eyes and a mouth that was like half open almost as if laughing or something
crazygirl101 (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-01)
wow that's amazing t took me a while to see the face but it, to me, looks a bit like a young person
I'm not too sure if its a guy of girl though
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
For some reason, next to the face, I see an image that looks like "Princess Peach" from Super Mario... O_O
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
I can see several faces, but they look almost like anime to me. Its really weird, but really cool. On a completly random note the girl in the pink shirt looks exactly like someone I used to work with and is creeping me out way more then the faces ๐Ÿ˜†
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
Wow.!Nice pictures. I saw the face right away. I have to say that this is one of the best pictures when we are talking about manifestation. I saw a lot of pictures with the mist and all but this one is great. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Ha.Flutterofwings, I can also see more than one face. And, I can also see the light post that Bell saw. But, is it a light post? Or, is it a tail from the orb (?). I also have a hard time with orb photos. You just never know what they are.
Thanks for submitting your story, and your photos Scathach16. Very interesting. Also looked like you and your friends had a great time!
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
When I look at the large face, seems to be of a woman with her left eye showing, but then if you, look closer you can see more faces in the one. Can anyone else see this too?
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
I see the face, it looks like a cartoon face with a big cute smile... Doesn't look mean, although the smile does look perverted. LOL!

Take care of yourself.
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
I do believe that the second pic indeed is in orb, the same thing happen to me in 1993 with some cheap camera (the kind you have to take the film to develop). Except mine was actually a taller thin, frame and it looked like an x ray of a person standing next to me. Very Interesting.
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
I don't see the face, can someone point it out for me thanks. ๐Ÿ˜Š Thanks for posting these pics and sharing the story.
scathach16 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Hi ghostfollowerkate, I answered that same question for someone else about 4 posts down from yours. If you read that, I hope it will answer your question.

But just to sum it up... The person taking the pictures never cared about making them look good or being centered. He just held up the camera and shot. All of the pictures from that night are off-center or tilted in some way. He was reprimanded severely, I assure you. Haha

As to why the 'mist' fits perfectly into the photo, I have no answer for that. I really wish I knew why it was there.

I have a friend who is a photography major, and I have shown these pictures to her. She asked what kind of camera they were taken with, and I said a disposable one. She informed me that it would be difficult to fake a mist like that on a digital camera, but it would be nearly impossible to do so on a disposable one. I hope that helps clear some stuff up.

๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜œ
GhostFollowerKate (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Hi, I think it could be an orb on the first photo. However on the second, it seems to me like, the photo was taken intending for something else to be shot in it. If the pic was just ment to be and your mates why is it your so far over to the right side and the 'mist' just happens to fit perfectly on to the photo. I'm not saying its a fake, I just want know why your so far onto the right.

X ๐Ÿ˜Š
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Dear scathach16,

I like the story and the pictures were good proof, but I need to give you my views both as a undying believer and a scrutinizing sceptic.

Here is my view as a believer:
It could be possible there was a ghost or a horrible tragedy in the vicinity thereby causing the creation of a restless spirit. The orb usually symbolises a spiritual presence. You must do more investigation as what caused the spirit to appear and if there were any deaths in the area.

Here is my view as a sceptic:
Scath, it could be just a speck of dust reflecting off the flash and the mist could just have been either a natural effect of the camera or more dust.

Conclusion:
Overall, I need not say the answer for it is in the eyes of the beholder. However, if this truly be a haunting or an orb, I believe that you need to do more research in the area in order to help that soul.

The writing style was excellent and is only paralleled by the plotline itself. Well done Scath. I can hardly wait until your next post!

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. I cannot wait to read your next post. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois ๐Ÿ˜
scathach16 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Hi Bellisima! Thanks for your comment. No offense taken at all. I also thought about the whole lamppost thing. The only lampposts in the entire parking lot at that time were in the very back of the lot (exactly the ones you mentioned). Just this past year they were doing construction to that parking lot and added more lampposts to the other rows because there were many complaints about safety and what not. As for the cigaratte smoke, no one in our group smoked. We were also the only people in the parking lot that night. I also thought about it being exhaust from a car, but again, we were the only people parked in that lot and our cars were not on. My friends and I sat down once to try to think of every possible explanation for the pictures, but nothing seemed to make sense with the situation. Thanks again!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Hi scathach. Most photos of spirits and orbs end up having a reasonable physical explanation. When I look at your photos I can see a streetlight in the background which is what seems to be an orb. You can see it in the second picture as well, along with the post it is on. In the second photo the mist looks to me like it is in front of you. It looks like cigarette smoke. Behind it and over to the left side is the streetlight and post. Of course this is my opinion of what I can see, I don't mean to offend you in any way with it. The first thing to do when deciding whether you've encountered something supernatural is consider every possible physical explanation for what has occurred. You can't prove a mist, a voice, a shadow or an orb, a spirit in other words, but sometimes you can prove what it isn't.
scathach16 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Well, we're not completely to the right. The two farthest left girls are pretty much dead-center. But I understand what you are trying to say, rhodes68. Our "photographer" from the night was my friend's boyfriend, and he only took about 2 pictures the entire night that were centered correctly. When we got all of the pictures developed, we yelled at him for never centering us, and his response was that he didn't care about making it perfect, just as long as he got all of us in. I guess I should thank him now for his lack of photography skills because otherwise he wouldn't have captured that mist ๐Ÿ˜†
Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
This is a great and intresting story and I see the picture you put up seems to show an orb. Without the face in it and if it was just a normal cloud of fog and there would be many reasons for example of it was damp as you said it was in Fall. But as there is a face it makes for an intresting experience for you and an intresting story for us to hear about it.
Thanks for sharing the story with us.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
In the first pic I see that this 'orb' is self reflecting itself while in the second pic, although I can see the faces in the mist, I have to wonder why the shot seems to be concentrating on the mist and not you. You're on the right corner of the shot, not the center as I would have expected since as you said the mist and orbs were not visible before the photos were developed. Why would you target the dark background when this was meant to be a 'gang' photo? Then again, what do I know? I'm not an expert in photography.
PrincessWolf81 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
I saw one face toward the bottom of the cloud. I don't know if that is the one you're referring to but that's what I saw when I looked at the photo. I noticed it before I read that part of your story. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
scathach16 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
I actually saw many faces as well. I am so glad that you guys can see them too and I wasn't just imagining it! ๐Ÿ˜
esha (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
OMG I finally seen the faces. At first glance I couldn't really tell, but when I looked again I seen eight faces and a small woman or girl at the top of the cloud. The woman or girl is very small so it might be kind of hard to see. That is amazing, yet very creepy.
HauteCouture (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
I am seeing more than two faces and they look scary. Like, I can see 4 big ones and a bunch of small ones.
gothgirl (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
yup,i see 2 faces but to me it seriously looks like one of caspers uncles... And the other one might be captain hook. Never the less cool story.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Actually, for some reason, after I left the comment, the pictures showed up. Oh my goodness! That is amazing. The orb doesn't look like the common dust caught by a flash. The orb is where the cloud appeared in the next picture. I don't know about anyone else, but I saw two faces! Thanks for you story and pics! โค Jasmin
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
I agree with KimSouth0 orbs can be explained to be dust caught by the flash of your camara;however, I would love to see the pictures. Please email them to me. You story was great! I can't wait to hear from you soon. โค jasmin
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Amazing! Thank you for e mailing the pictures to me.

You are correct, the oicture of the white mist definitly has the out line of a face.

Whew!

God Bless!
mlc13 (7 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
You should go back to the bridge, maybe you'll find out what was in the picture. It's a good idea! Even though sound like it ๐Ÿ˜†

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: