You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Short Tales

Real Ghost Stories

Short Tales

 

I don't have a long in depth experience, so I'll tell you shorter ones. Over the years the room behind mine has always felt haunted. I've heard doors open and close (and seen them) heard knocking noises, seen shadows, and saw what I believe was a ghost in the hallway.

More recently I was freaking out, and slept in the haunted room with my mom. Before I could even try to fall asleep I was hearing muffled voices that sounded completely different from the TV in my room. There were also noises sounding like a phone, then a woman's muffled voice. The other voices sounded male, and the door kept shaking. I did eventually fall asleep though.

I've also had two different dreams involving me almost getting possessed, so I thought maybe they were actually trying to do that, but couldn't? One dream involved a ghost opening and closing my blinds, which are covered by a thick cloth now. At night whenever I look at the cloth it moves, even though nothing else in the room is, and it's pretty heavy. I think they enjoy teasing me.

Now normally mom has never believed I was actually seeing/hearing anything, but she finally believed me when she spent the night alone and heard door-opening noises as well, and felt watched. She might've just been imagining it, but she's been alone for more than two days before the activity increased, so I believe what she's seen.

The ghosts haven't really done anything else, so should I really try to get them to leave, or should I allow them to stay? Besides, I don't think they want to listen, seeing as I've openly asked them to go away before.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, unaturalfreakyobject, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

unaturalfreakyobject (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
I don't think my mother will allow me to get someone to actually bless the house until it gets serious.

Also, two more short experiences. My mother fell asleep at a certain time and told me to wake her up in an hour. Well in that hour I'd switched rooms and seen a woman who I thought was my mother walking down the hall. Then five hours later I discover mom has been asleep the entire time. I got yelled at, but I was more freaked out about the mom-look-a-like.

The next happened a few days ago. The hallway (which seems to be the ghosts' favorite place right now) light was on, and all of a sudden a small child ran by. It was blurry and obscure, but it wasn't just a trick of the light. A few moments later my father walked through, going the same way.

I'm also happy to say I've had no dreams of attempted possesion lately.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Hi and thanks for sharring this story with us. I believe that some things can be explained but I have the feeling that there is something in that house. And I would call it a spirit. If you don't want it to bother you anymore I would suggest blessing the house. Praying is a good thing to. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-03)
Tell them to not disturb you a lot, this has worked in other people's experiences. You should try it my friend, and hope for a great result.
Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-03)
The spirits in your house do not sound evil and would probably just like attention. You give them that and treat them with respect and they will not make you feel threatened or scared. Spirits can be comforting when treated right. However if you don't want spirits in your house then you should pray for them to get to the other side. Sometimes spirits can't make it on their own and need assisstance. If you wish to know more about the spirits or why they haunt your house then looking up the history of your house is always a good way to do so.

Thanks for sharing your story anf good luck in whatever you choose to do.
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
Honestly, if you pay attention to the ghosts - which is probably all they're after - they'll probably be happy. They don't seem violent or evil, so if you acknowledge them, be friendly to them, you could probably get them to stop haunting you in things like your dreams, or at least not to do so in a manner that makes you feel threatened.

I've heard cases of ghosts who are on good terms with the people who's homes they're in being quite useful - helping find lost things and such.

Of course, that all comes down to if you're comfortable with the idea of there being spirits in your house.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Dear unaturalfreakyobject,

I believe you suffer from an intelligent haunting, although this spirit is pretty malevolent if you ask me. I believe you kick the spirit's derriere out of your house. Get your house blessed and cleansed. Never provoke the spirit for it will surely harm you. However, if you have more than 1 ghost, I advise you talk to your local minister for help.

I enjoyed the story, the intelligent haunting you currently experience seems to indicate the ghost likes the attention you give it, however, getting rid of it is best for everyone.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
Hardcore_Believer (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
I don't recall having any encounters like that, hope I don't. I like witnessing stuff like that, but it ends up scaring me shiatless.
unaturalfreakyobject (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
[at] rstahley; All through the house, mostly in that room, mine, and the kitchen. I am religious, but I think my family would have to do that instead of me, because I'm not as close as I should be. We're going to figure out who's lived here, but mom thinks it might be more the land than the house.

[at] rhodes68; The door thing could be true, but these voices sounded more like two people sitting in the room with a blanket over their face and whispering than two people being heard through a device. I suppose you could be right, but something tells me otherwise.

[at] fredy22; I actually have only mentioned those dreams on here. Should I talk to someone else who knows about possession if that's really what it is, and I haven't just been freaking myself out?
fredy22 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
hello, you know that drea about them trying to posses you. That isn't a dream, I have learned through experience on several occasions that the way the demons get a hold of your mind is through those dreams. It starts out a dream but you will be acting out whatever it is that is going on in that dream some where along the way you will be awaken in a smoothe transition you will feel awake but very out of it. Normally you will behave very violent beleiving that someone is your enemy or will want to fight the demon you are seeing in your mind. If someone happens to be walking by when this is happening they will probably call the police or an ambulance like it was in my case. I was awake but dreaming that a demon by the name of legion was standing before me and I felt very strong like I could rip it apart with my finger nails like a a lion or something it was confusing though because I was telling the demon that I was was legion as well a neighbor who was walking by my door saw me sitting up in bed looking like I had restraints around my wrist and yelling profanities so she called the police. When the demon let me go I was so tired I felt like I had just taken a ton of muscle relaxers or some thing I was in a daze staring at my ceiling, it felt so good to be free from that thing, then the police showed up and walked right into my room, they started asking me if I new where I was and if I new my name, when I told them I was ok they asked me if I wanted an ambulance I said no they said ok but you don't look to good. That was the most severe time. There has been others. But you will be dreaming then all of a sudden the demon will show up and follow you out of the dream.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Hi and thanks for posting your experience.

I understand how alarming these occurrences are but before deciding they are of a paranormal nature, try eliminating any logical explanations first.

Like your door shaking-could that be the cause of some sort of vibration from within or outside the house?

Keep in mind that many things share the same airspace with TV signals; for instance, channel 14-19 range you might pick up police or fire radio, below 14 but pretty close you have GMRS/FRS walkie-talkies, marinetime traffic, above 6, you might receive normal FM radio signals and the list goes on.

If non of these can provide enough justification for the events, then yes, you should consider a more paranormal approach.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Wow. I wouldn't like the ghosts to tease me, I would do somthin about that. I hope that my family would have some experiances, its either that they love me or that I am more sensitive to it. Well I am sorry I have no advise for the haunting but I hope you keep us updated.

Katona1700s ❤
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
If your experience were less frightening, I would say, just let it be... But you've had dreams that these spirits are trying to possess you. That to me is serious. It's good that they are failing, but still, it's uneasy to think that they are trying. What if you had a guest over and they did possess them? That would be horrible. You've asked the spirits to leave, and they didn't listen. So, maybe you need something more. Are you religious? You could bless your home. Are the ghosts only in the one bedroom, or have you experienced anything supernatural in other areas of your home? Maybe something in the bedroom or something that happened there is keeping them tied to it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: