You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Devil Of Death

Real Ghost Stories

The Devil Of Death

 

Once when I was 11, I was in bed. Then, I suddenly woke up. I was 100% sure I was awake because I could see every little detail and pattern on my blanket cover. I could see the pattern of the wood on the wardrobe, then I heard this weird voice, it was a very low pitch voice. Just like a demon or devils voice. And then it said these exact words, over and over again for about 5 minutes: YOU WILL DIE HORRIBLY, YOU WILL DIE HORRIBLY, YOU WILL DIE HORRIBLY...

The first time I heard the sentence I was straight under the covers, still just trying to focus on something, like the patterns on the blanket. Just listening to the ghastly voice. After the 5 minutes of the exact same sentence, I was scared out of my wits. I didn't even move until 5 minutes after it stopped. I dozed off about 15 minutes after the scary occurrence. And ever since then I have never wanted to even touch the blanket.

I never saw the Devil, but I really, really hope I don't come across it again. But sometimes, I think it might just be my mind playing tricks on me, but I sometimes see weird faces in the blanket. And they never look happy, either angry or scared.

Please comment and tell me what you think happened and if something like it happened to you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hullabulu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hullabulu (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
Another scary thing I can remember is when I woke up the time on my watch said It was 13:13. And I have a little second counter on it which was about 13 seconds past...
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Whitebuffalo, Thank you I couldn't have said that better! I didn't even think of telling you this Hullubalu.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
I agree with the others. As for faces in the blanket, take a look at a wood panelled wall and you can make out hundreds of faces or bodies or whatever you want.

As for that middle ground when you are not really awake and not completely asleep, I find that to be a state I enjoy very much.
Still, I know that I can begin dreams in that state.

Sorry you had to go through such an experience, but try to relax and realize that it may just be your mind.

Thanks for sharing this story!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
I personally do not think you had an encounter with the Devil. Personally, I really do not think he would waste any of his time on the likes of any of us. For someone who is in charge of ALL the evil in the world to actually come into our homes PERSONALLY deliver such a message is just out of my range of thinking.
I would imagine that he thinks we are all insignificant "bugs" on the windshield of life.
What I DO think MAY have happened is that you were resting in the Middle place. That is the mindset in which you can see, feel and experience a variety of natural things. I know of people who actually start a load of laundry, wash their car, vacuum the living room while in this state. I might add, the one who was trying to vacuum actually woke himself up with the sound, though he was thoroughly convinced he was ALREADY awake.
It is a time in between awake and sleep.
The GOOD news out of all of this is, THAT is ALSO the space of time in which astral projection is possible.
Thank you.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
I am not going to bash you since I am sure you were very frightened, but let's not jump to paranormal conclusions. Did you see the process of posting a story on here? Someone proofread this story and posted it maybe a day or two later, because this person had to proofread hundreds of other stories (some bogus and some not). This person probably knew what we would all comment. Like I said, I am sure you were very afraid. Be honest, do you think your mind was playing tricks on you? If you are sure that it wasn't that you were half asleep, then you have a serious problem if someone is telling you that you will die horribly.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Hi and thak you for sharring this story with us. I hate to say it but I agree the other members on this one. The mind can realy play some good tricks on us. Sometimes it can be very scary. Just like in thbis case. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Yeah I agree with FRAWIN. That happened to me once too when I was young. My mother must have come in to check on me before going to bed but I must have been in the zone because her face was that of a corpse and she was grinning this horrible evil grin. It was of course my subconcious. I don't really think you have anything to be concerned about.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Hello Hullabulu. I believe that you were in that zone that is between sleeping and waking. You weren't asleep but you weren't quite awake neither. Basically your mind was playing tricks on you- you were hearing what your subconscious was thinking.
Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
As this happened when you had just woken up I think that your mind could have been playing tricks on you. It's happened to me, not that sentence but hearing things. I wouldn't say that it was a demon even though it came when you was asleep when they normally come. As for the faces again I think it's to do with the mind. Sorry for giving such an unintresting answer but stuff like this has happened to me before and I know it's just your mind playing tricks.

Thanks for sharing your story.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Personally, I'm not sure how one falls back asleep after hearing a disembodied voice threaten them for a solid five minutes.

As for faces in the blanket, I think you see what you want to see.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: