You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: His Grandpa's Room

Real Ghost Stories

His Grandpa's Room

 

First of all I just want to say that I cannot believe I forgot about this. My pregnancy was pretty much a blur to me and I can't really remember much that happened during my pregnancy.

What I remember most was the beginning of the pregnancy. This story takes place in my ex-boyfriend's house. I was about 2 months pregnant and I was deadly ill. I hadn't eaten more than a cracker a day for a month. I was in and out of the hospital due to dehydration. I couldn't drink anything, because I would throw it up; even water.

I couldn't even sleep in my own bedroom, because the smell of my blankets would make me vomit. I didn't see my boyfriend for a month, even though we lived in the same house. I couldn't stand to be around him and I couldn't stand his smell, again, I would vomit if he was in my presence. I stayed in the guest room for the months I was ill and didn't leave the room unless I had to use the bathroom.

His mother took care of me. She fed me if she could and she would often bring me crushed ice. Daniel, my ex, was never aloud to see me. I was more depressed than I can ever remember being in my entire life. I missed Dan's touch and I couldn't stand being away from him. I hated the fact that he was living in the same house and I could hear his voice outside my bedroom, but was never able to see or hold him. I didn't speak to anyone for the most part except his mom. I didn't even speak to my own family.

I was always to sick to talk. Just remembering the way I felt makes me want to cry. I felt like I was going crazy from being locked in that room for two months. I talked to myself. I couldn't watch TV. The television mad me sick too. I would have nightmares every night in that room. I always dreamt about an old man watching me sleep. I would wake up screaming.

There was nights when I couldn't sleep because of the cold draft. I always thought it was coming from the a/c vent, but I new that the a/c wasn't on. It was November and St. Louis is very cold in November. There would be nights that I didn't sleep, because I was to afraid to. I would feel someone sit on my bed, but no one would ever really be there. One day I got out of the bed and started going through the closet, because I was curious.

I found a box full of medical supplies. I didn't know where it came from, but I just brushed it off. I kept going through the things and found old clothes that looked like it belonged to a man. The clothes smelled old and I had to put it down. I felt really sick and next to me was a trash can. I began to throw up in the trash can. I began to cry very loud. I was screaming.

Then, the wardrobe door opened and a blanket fell out. The door then shut. I stopped crying gradually since I was distracted. I just knelt on the floor and stared at the blanket. It was a red, quilted blanket, with embroidery. I picked it up, opened the wardrobe, and placed it on one of the shelves. I went back to the bed, got under the covers and fell asleep. It was about noon when I fell asleep. I would always be home alone from 5am-7pm. Since Dan went to school, then work.

His mother came every night at about 11PM to check on me. In the middle of my slumber I woke up. I was drenched in sweat, so I kicked the blankets off me and on to the floor. I lay on my side facing the wall and again cried. Like I said I was so depressed about being lonely and sick. Then I fell asleep.

I woke up later to a loud slam. I jumped up and found the red quilted blanket on me. I then looked at the time and it was 6PM. I got up and looked in the mirror. My face was pale and I was shaking. I opened the bedroom door and fell to the floor at the threshold. I began to crawl towards the kitchen. I was dehydrated. I felt like I was dying. Later I woke up to Dan shaking me asking if I was okay. I never answered. He told me my lips were blue and I was very pale.

He then asked if I had eaten or drank anything. I never answered. I knew he was talking to me, but his voice sounded so far away. I just continued to lay there lifeless. I was fully conscious about everything that was going on. Dan walked away and came back with some water. I sipped the water with a straw. Then, he carried me to the car.

Next thing I know, we were on our way to the E.R. Dan started talking to me about the situation. He asked many questions, but I never answered. I kept thinking about the red quilt from before I passed out. Finally, I spoke. I said, "Dan, who lived in your house before you? I mean, who has slept in the room I am living in?"

He said, "Well I use to sleep in that room, but when my grandpa moved in, I had to go to the room down the hall. That room was the best for him to stay in since it's next door to my mom's room. My mom took care of him care of him in that room when he was sick."

I asked Dan where his grandpa was now. I began to throw up blue liquid at that moment. I was given a zip-lock bag to throw up in.

Then, Dan answered, "He's buried in St. Mathew's Cemetery down the street.

I then asked why he died and where he died. Daniel answered that his grandfather had cancer. One night, Dan's mother found him lying dead next to his vomit. I began to cry and asked why they have been letting me sleep in that room. I told Dan that I missed him, but couldn't sleep with him.

That night at the hospital they prescribed me a medication that is actually made for cancer patients, but it would help my nausea. That only worked for a while. During this while, Dan slept in the guest room with me since I still couldn't sleep in our bedroom. After a few nights, Dan asked if we could start sleeping in the living room. He ended up getting creeped out in that room.

He would describe feeling watched. So we started sleeping in the living room, until finally later I got better. After the two months I was able to sleep in our bedroom again. When the baby was born, we turned the guest room into her bedroom. I had a monitor with a camera on it.

Some nights, I would see movement aside of her crib. I would send Dan to go check in her room. This happened so many times. On so many occasions, I thought we were being burglarized. Dan and I would stay up staring at the screen of our TV which was showing what was going on in my daughter's bedroom. Her toys would go off and sometimes we could hear shuffling around and see rapid movements.

Dan checked on the baby every time, but never found anything. We finally came to the conclusion that it was his grandfather's spirit looking after our daughter. It never harmed her, so we just let him be. I will admit, I was afraid of him, since I never really go to meet him.

Other hauntings by Jasmin314

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jasmin314, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
Hey lupita thank you for reading all of my stories. I appreciate your feedback. I was 17 years old during this pregnancy. And thank you for the comment about me being a good writer. As I child I wanted to be a writer and I wanted to write about my family's struggles. I wanted to write about my Great Great Abuelo who was an assistant of Pancho Villa, I want to write about my mother's journey to the United States and also my father's journey to the United States. I will someday but I don't think I will make it a profession. Again thank you and you seem like a very bright person. ❤Jas
lupitabejarvera (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
omg girl!
I feel so bad... How old were you at this pregnancy? 😲...dang well yeah I think it was his grandfather that was watching over your baby. Especially if he was really close to dan. Dang girl, you tell your stories and it seems as if I were in them... They are so vivid... You should consider being a famous writer 😁
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Hello Everyone! Thank you everyone for commenting and reading my story! Yes, I was very sick and Radish thank you for putting my illness in scientific terms (very informative) I never knew the exact words for it. I just knew I felt like I was dying. There were some nights that I truely believed I wasn't going to wake up the next morning. I have come to realize that I love others' stories, not only because they are creepy or scare me for a moment, but because they help me conclude my thoughts in regards to my past experiences. It is sad that others that read my story, may relate. I just read a story that is similar to mine and I could really relate. I love this website. Well, future readers, welcome and don't hesitate to comment. Oh by the way, as some of you know, I was supposed to go on a "ghost hunt" this weekend (I don't know how else to put it), but it has been post-poned to next weekend since I am taking a last minute vacation to CHICAGO. YEY! Well talk to everyone soon and look forward to next week, since I will be posting a current experience I am having in my home and I need some help. ❤ Jasmin
radish54 (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
It sounds as if you were suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum (excessive vomiting of pregnancy) which is like morning sickness only much more pronounced and often much longer in duration than morning sickness, which tends to abate by the second trimester. Beside the inability to keep food down, hyperolfaction, an extreme sensitivity to smells is another symptom. This is a very severe condition (believed to have caused the death of authoress Charlotte Bronte). I believe the Grandfather was acting in sympathy for you, and later was being protective of your daughter. I'm glad you and your baby made it through this difficult time. God bless...
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
I also agree with Bellissima. It seems that he was trying to care for you and watch you while Dan, and his mom were away.
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Hi Jasmin. I also agree with everything Bellissima said (isnt it fun when everyone gets along 😜) I really enjoyed reading your story.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Having read the comments, I 'm in total agreement with Bellissima so I'll just leave it at that.

Thank you for a very interesting story although it was at times disturbing!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Thanks for sharring this interesting story with us. Me and my wife don't have kids but if she read this story and knew what you went through she probably would never want any! You sure are a strong person. I gree with Bellisma on this one. I don't think I could have said it in a better way. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Hello Jasmin. Since Bellissima has already said everything I was thinking, I'll just tell you that I really enjoyed your story and thanks for sharing it with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Hi Jasmin.That's one of the worst pregnancies I've ever heard of! Because you were already sick, I think it started out to be a natural side effect of being pregnant. It was intensified after you moved into the room, I think you were feeling residual illness from Dan's Grandfather, an imprint leftover from his time in there when he was so sick. Grandfather wasn't causing you any harm, I think he was actually trying to comfort you with the blanket. Now that I've said all that, it doesn't explain why your baby didn't get sick while staying in the room. The only thing I can think of is that you were already really sick going in there, super hormonal from being pregnant, stressed, depressed and lonely. So you were extremely sensitive to the surroundings and the psychic imprint that was there.I'll bet it was Grandfather who was checking on your baby. I enjoyed your story, thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: