You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghosts Of The Limestone City

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts Of The Limestone City

 

This is the one and only story where my husband had ghostly activity happen to him. My husband I went on vacation for two weeks to Kingston, Ontario (the Limestone City) so we could go on a boat trip to see the Thousand Islands, Gananoque, and the sites in Kingston, Ontario. We heard it was beautiful and it definitely was. We both thought it would be nice if we could find a Bed & Breakfast so we didn't make any hotel plans until we arrived.

Upon arrival, my husband didn't really care to stay at a Bed & Breakfast and changed his mind. I said sure so we set out to look for a hotel in the city. We heard that the Prince George Hotel was a nice place to stay so we checked it out.

We walked into the hotel and there was a lady dressed in an old Victorian outfit behind the desk. She was the only employee that we seen and we didn't see anyone coming or going. I thought it was nice how she had an outfit like this. It fit the setting of the hotel. But, she looked a little strange to me and I mentioned this to my husband.

She nodded her head to say hello when we came in. We went to the counter and asked if it would be possible for her to show us a room. She said yes and proceeded to show us a room in the hotel on the 3rd floor. On the way up, I didn't like the fact that the stairs were so creaky and I had a strange feeling about the hotel. I didn't feel comfortable and neither did my husband.

The lady left so quick, we didn't even hear her walk down the stairs. I said to my husband, maybe she floated down the stairs. He kind of laughed. We left pretty quickly because we didn't have a good feeling about the place and she was behind the counter with a grin on her face. She actually didn't look real. That's what my husband said too.

Maybe she was a ghost? We don't know. I took pictures of the hotel.

We ended up staying at the Holiday Inn on the Harbor down the street. It was beautiful. I noticed on the middle of the bed there was a travel magazine about the city of Kingston. When I opened it up, the first thing I noticed was the headline, The Haunted Prince George Hotel, with a write up on the place. I showed this to my husband and said to him, see it was haunted. We were glad we didn't stay there for the two weeks.

The next day we made plans to go to Fort Henry by ourselves instead of a tour. Will, my husband, was going down into the ground where they kept prisoners. I thought he was a little nuts doing that! We walked around since it was a beautiful sunny day. We ended up on a hill and were looking out over a bluff when a very cold breeze came over us and blew our hair. It made my hair on my arms stand up and on the back of my neck. Will said the same thing. We just stood there.

This was right after Will went up and down those barracks (or dungeons). We both just stood there and then I said maybe you disturbed someone down there. We left quickly after this happened. Aren't we chickens. But, I did take a lot of neat pictures! Fort Henry is haunted to this day.

The next day, we went on a tour of the old city hall. The first Prime Minister Sir John A. MacDonald's picture was hanging on the wall along with other prime ministers. It was as tall as him also, it showed his exact height. What a nice painting. His eyes seemed to look at you wherever you went and the tour guide also pointed this out. I took pictures of him. These would be nice to have. Then I could blow it up. It was interesting learning about the history of this building. The city hall is known to be haunted also.

Kingston is called the Limestone City. There is water surrounding also. Usually when there is limestone and water, you get a lot of paranormal activity. This is what they say.

I couldn't wait to get home to develop the roll of film I took for pictures. When we arrived home, I took the roll of film to get developed. It took about a week or so. When I got the pictures home, I started to look at them. There wasn't one picture that turned out and it was disappointing.

It was kind of odd that not one picture turned out. I took some great pictures. I thought something happened to my camera but when I took some other pictures at home, they turned out okay. Nothing was wrong. I still can't figure that out.

Here is a website for you to check out the city of Kingston: www.cityofkingston.ca. The Thousand Islands are sites to see with a beautiful scenic boat trip. The city is gorgeous with the limestone buildings and quaint shops. History here is fantastic. What comes with your package? The ghostly activity this limestone city.

Other hauntings by lilblackpom

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lilblackpom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mimirabbit (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
They have changed the Prince George Hotel into an apartment! Argh... It's really sad. I hoped to go there one day and check it out.
Mhattie-duck (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
Ahh, Kingston. My Hometown. Beutiful buildings and spectacular hauntings. I am not surprised that you felt uneasy in the Prince Georges' Inn. It is REALLY CREEPY. By the way, have you heard the story of Theresa Beam? Nasty really, poor lady. 😢
polkadots27 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
HI lilblackpom. We also visited the prince george hotel in kingston this past month and I had already heard that it was haunted wich was one of my main interest to go visit. We had decided to go for lunch in the afternoon into the pub (the food was great!)
Although we did not hear or see anything as eating my left arm became ice cold and I thought it was strange but ignorned it at the moment. As we were waiting for our food to arrive I decided to take some pics and to my surpise when we had them developed I have 3 photos wich are unexplainable! One is a lady or man too hard to tell up against the wall near the mens washrooms, another is orbs all around the room and the other is a bright light against the back wall wich is in a room with no windows!
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Hi Brownie. You are right on on this one. As Bellissima said, I guess a lot of other people experienced the same as me and maybe these "ghosts" didn't want these pictures taken. As for my husband disturbing the place... He really did and knew it when we were standing on the hill. He was a little bit freaked out too 😲 and is skeptic of this stuff. We enjoyed visiting there and would definitely go back. It really is something when there are so many haunted places in one area and Kingston is a beautiful city. Take care 😊
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Maybe your husband did disturb something when he was looking, and as for the pictures it must have been disappointing taking pictures of something beautiful and nothing coming back on them. Maybe there was something there that didn't want to be seen? 😕 Thanks for sharing another fascinating story.

Vicki 😊
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Hey Jasmin, that would be neat if you take some pictures and maybe capture something in them. Weird things happen around ghostly sites eh? I will look for any new stories you might have. Thanks for your comments and for reading my story here. 😊
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Hi wanderer. Really? I guess I wasn't the only one whose pictures didn't turn out. Thanks for the info and talk with you soon. 😐

Hi ChrisB, yes check out Kingston. There really are a lot of haunted places and sites to see. 😉
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Wow what a facinating place to see. I went to visit Canada this summer but I never thought about Kingston. Next time I go I will think about seeing this place. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
lilblackpom great story! I have been to Fort Henry several times when I was younger (like Bellissiam said we're all neigbours 😆) One thing I remember about the fort was each time I went one person in the group had their camera stop working there. It would work fine before going there, and after leaving the fort and putting a new roll of film in it would work again. Strange that it happened to you to. Maybe someone there hates having their picture taken 😉 Take care.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Hey! Thanks so much for sharing. I really enjoyed reading about your experience. I am sorry that your pictures didn't come out right. That truely is a mistery. It's a bummer too. I am going on a little trip this weekend myself. Actually my whole point will be to capture paranormal activity. Maybe I can come back to you all with some interesting footage or photos. Again, thanks for sharing! ❤ Jasmin
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
I have heard the thoery regarding lime stone and the energy it seems to radiate.

It sounds as if that was a fascinating and terrifying visit all at the same time.

What an odd occurance that none of your pictures turned out? Weird.

Thanks for sharing!

God Bless!
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Hey Bellissima. Wow, wanderer worked at the Donnelly homestead in Lucan? I bet there was a lot of activity happening there. I will have to check out her story. Talk with you soon. 😊
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
lilblackpom, hi!Well, I'm not Italian and, as they say, the rest is in the eye of the beholder! 😁I've enjoyed your stories, especially since we are practically neighbours and I know what you're talking about. We have another neighbour - wanderer. In her story 'The Haunted Homestead' she's writing about working at the Donnelly family home in Lucan! Small world.I'll be looking for more stories from you.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Hi Bellissima (my Canadian counterpart)! Are you of Italian descent and beautiful? Lol Thanks for reading my stories. I finally thought I should write this story since my husband (who is kind of a skeptic) was there with me and we experienced everything together. Your welcome and if anything comes up (again) 😲 I will definitely write another story! Take care of yourself. Judy
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Hi lilblackpom. We used to live about an hour away from Kingston. We didn't have any need of a hotel but I've heard of the Prince George. We visited a lot of scenic and historical sites in the area. We enjoyed Fort Henry, it's really interesting. Much to my disappointment, we didn't have a single unusual thing happen.I've heard about a lot of people experiencing things there. I enjoyed reading your story, thanks for sharing your experiences.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: