You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Daughter's Guardian Angel?

Real Ghost Stories

My Daughter's Guardian Angel?

 

In 1997 I had just moved in to a new apartment with my two week old baby girl. I was going through a rough time, a couple of months before I had separated from my husband, we had been married 9 months and I was 7 months pregnant.

I had had a c-section and it was pretty hard for me to move around so next to my bed on my night stand I always kept a thermos with warm water and a can of formula, the baby in her bassinet was right beside my bed. I also kept food for myself on the night stand, I was living on "snacks", I didn't have a car or anybody to call to get me food.

I had been in the apartment for maybe 2 or 3 days when I woke up about 6:00 am one day to the baby fussing needing to be fed, I made her bottle, picked her up and fed her. I noticed that I was extremely tired and felt achy all over; I barely had the strength to put her back in her bassinet. I was freezing and couldn't stop shaking I was running a very high fever. I had a c-section and I think something was wrong.

It took everything I had to get up, still wrapped in a blanket I went to the bathroom turned on the hot water and went in still with my clothes on and wrapped in the blanket. I remember passing out and then waking up with the water still running. Soaking wet I crawled back to bed, I left the blanket in the shower and didn't have the strength to get another one from the closet or for that matter change into dry clothes.

I was in so much pain that I remember thinking this was it, I was going to die. I remember thinking that my baby was going to die from starvation, I had locked the door with a dead bolt, nobody knew where we were, I didn't even have a phone, I tried but didn't have the strength to get up and get help.

I was beginning to lose consciousness when I felt a blanket being pulled over me, I felt someone pull my hair back away from my face and pat my head, I tried to open my eyes, tried to talk but it was too much effort. I remember I would come in and out of it, I would hear my baby starting to fuss and a woman's soft voice whisper and the noise the bassinet makes when it is being rocked. When I finally woke up I was confused and disoriented.

I sat up and didn't know how much time had passed, I froze when I thought about my baby. I was to scared to turn and look at her because I thought she was going to be dead. I snapped out of it and touched her and I could see she was breathing, I was so relieved. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 5:45 AM. I had been out for almost 24 hours. My baby woke up a few minutes after, hungry but otherwise perfectly fine.

This was the first experience of many I would have through out the years with whom I think is my daughter's guardian angel. Later I would like to share a few other experiences with you and ask you what you think because even though that day she was nice to me I did go through some very scary moments where I thought she was trying to hurt me. I'll save those for later

Other hauntings by Melisande

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Melisande, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
Perhaps there a 2 spirits where there good in life and in death there is bad in life and in death, she would not go from protecting you and baby to then harming baby I feel she is a family member that passed on and is always with you that has comforted you and your baby because she the good spirit knows there's a bad spirit in the apartment around that may harm you and your baby. Baby and you are fine elsewhere.

My miracle daughter Lilike Judith Elisabeth Weisz LJEW 0-5 Years
Http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=tw8TzX_z2IM
WeirdoIAm (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-18)
hi melisande,
You seemed to be confused about this enitity changing her opinions.
1).she might be your daugther's guardian angel, but she might also be yours. Because have you ever wondered what your life would be without your baby girl. So maybe he/she was protecting you from the hurt.
2).the frist time he/she helped you, it migth of been because he/she was attached to your baby and needed you to look after her. The other times he/she helped you are for the exact same reasons.
3).locking you out from your daughter, might be because like you said he/she is jealous. Or he/she might feel guilty, this entity might not be a guardian angel but it might a ghost who's own baby died, and is trying to stop the same happening to your daughter.
Templar (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Ghosts are tender and caring but they will also scare the crap out of you when they feel you are not making the right choices. They almost turn into haunting motivators. She or they know you had rough times but probably thought that you should move on and move up in the world, seize your destiny. Just like any care giver they want to see you grow and mature and not rely on them anymore, they need rest too!
Melisande (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Whitebufallo, I had a total of 3 experiences that I can't explain involving my daughter and this "presence". I think of her as my daughter's guardian because all 3 times it looked as if she was protecting her and I had never had anything like this happen to me until she was born. I was awakened one time around 2:00am to someone calling my name, I got up and went to the door and looked out the windows and around the apartment but could not find who was calling me. Since I was up I decided to check on my daughter and when I did noticed she had trouble breathing. I picked her up and she was burning up, I got her out of the crib and she started having convulsions. Another time when she was a couple of months old I was sleeping and felt someone pull my hair really hard. I sat up in bed and looked around but didn't see anyone but felt the pain and burning in my head. I looked over to see my daughter and she had a blanket over her head, I pulled it off and she took a deep breath and started gasping for air. Later I experienced some really bad things, the bedroom door would lock with my daughter inside the bedroom. I would have doors slammed in my face when I wanted to walk into a room my daughter was in, I felt as if she were jelous. I couldn't explain the change, she had been so helpful. I've also thought about maybe this person left and someone else "moved in" because I lived terrified but put up with it because I felt that no matter what she would never harm my daughter. That also changed, my daughter was always tired because she wasn't sleeping at night, every little noise would make her jump up, she would cry if I left her alone for 2 minutes to use the toilet. She was very clingy but this only happened while in the apartment, when she stayed at my parents house she was fine. I've always wondered if they were the same entity. Another reason I've always thought it was connected to my daughter is because all 3 of my children are very, very sensitive to the paranormal. Lucky for them they are not afraid even though it scares me (I think maybe they don't truly understand what's going on. I'm going through another really tough moment in my life and the thought that I might have a guide is so comforting. If only I could call it at will...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
I hate to run a different thought through this when you are looking for answers, but I do not feel that this woman is the Guardian Angel of your daughter. When I was reading through this, I had flashed back to a time that I really try to forget, except for one detail of the tale.
At a time when no one really knew where I was (they knew where I was SUPPOSED to be) and medical assistance was sorely needed, I had a visitor. The visitor NEVER spoke outright, but spoke to my mind (notice I DID NOT say to my BRAIN. I would have discounted the encounter) and LED me back to my physical form.
I, too, had children, and my final coherent thought, that I can recall, was "Oh no, what about my children?"
I would suggest to you, that this woman was there for YOU. She HELPED you care for your daughter, and kept the unborn one safe in protecting YOU. To me, and this is just one persons feelings on this, I FEEL that this woman is your Guide. And NOT simply a Guardian Angel.
Thank you.
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Where you okay after when you woke up? Thats so good that the baby was okay. I'm really sorry for what you had to go through.
spiritgirls (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
wow that was so touching I have never heard such a story like that I have had experienced being super sick and in the hospital and being in pain trust me I fell for you its good that you have a guardian angel!
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Melisande, I have to admit that I was so worried while reading the story. Then, everything turned out to be ok. Try not to lose control of your temper. I know these spirits can get really annoying at times, but still. I CANNOT wait to hear your other stories. ❤ Jasmin
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Thank you for sharring this story with us. I'm very glad that nothing happened to your baby. It is a good thing to know that there is always someone looking after us even when we don't see them. I'm very sorry you had a hard time and it made me sad that you had know one to help you. Sometimes when we are in big trouble it is hard to find friends. But a lot of people here are supportive and we will like to have your company here. I can't wait to read your next stories soon. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Melisande (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Thank you for your comments. This was not the first time I had any experiences with spirits. It was the first with this particular "lady", I would hear and feel here around my daughter a lot and was not afraid of her, in fact I appreciated the help. It got real ugly when my husband and I decided to try and work things out and he moved in with us. Then you could pretty much say all hell broke loose. I was very upset one day and yelled for her to get out and leave my family alone, I said I didn't need her and I wanted her gone. I guess that was a bad thing to do because "others" took her place and would torment my baby to the point where she could not sleep in the apartment and she had to stay with my parents. My husband and I ended separating again, his mother went to a lady who read the tarot and palms and what not to see if she could help us and she was told that there was a lot of evil around me and we would never be happy, I thought she was a charlatan and refused to give her money to do her voodoo magic on us. We had some really scary things happen to us that I will tell you about later.
ailya (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
I enjoyed reading your story, it was very interesting. I had a tough time with the birth of my daughter, and I know how you must've felt, only I had someone there for me. It must've been terrible for you to go through that alone.
I can't wait to read your next stories. Thanks for sharing your experience 😳

Blessed be.
Amarra (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
This was a wonderful story. I'm glad it worked out so well for you. I'm interested to see you next stories! You last paragraph interested me, I can't wait to hear more!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Melisande, hi. That is really strange, very lucky, but strange. Until that point in time had you ever had any experiences with spirits around you? Had anyone important, that you loved, pass away? I enjoyed your story, thanks for sharing it.I'm looking forward to reading about more of the experiences you had with the 'guardian angel', your last paragraph peeked my curiosity. You went through a really rough time, I hope things are going better.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: