You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Visitor In The Park

Real Ghost Stories

A Visitor In The Park

 

I was walking home from school in July this year with my friends Rebecca, D.J. And Harriet. To get to the town, you have to go past a park that it known for the people who are often in it: lovey couples, emos, chavs... You get the picture. It's a bit dodgy and I'm not that keen on going in there. At the side of the park, there is a memorial for the people who fought in the war and it is often filled with poppies so whether that has anything to do with it, I don't really know.

Anyhow, I caught a glimpse of something in the trees, and it looked like a baby was being hung from a tree! It was bright pink and was about the shape of a baby and I could see a face, but was too far away to see any features like eyes or mouth. I was shocked and asked D.J. (who believes in ghosts but believes that they shouldn't be messed with) if he could see it, but he couldn't because we were still walking and the other trees had gotten in the way. So I told him and he laughed and said that I must have been imagining it.

I looked back, however, and this time I could see the "pink baby" and took a close look, but still couldn't work it out! Then, I saw a ghostly black figure walking away from the scene. He or she was dressed in a black robe like thing and looked very much like the ghost figures you often see in famous pictures. I was stunned and was certain that it was just someone walking through the park.

Now, this figure would have to have been seen again as the way it was walking meant that I would have to see it whether it was exiting or moving around the park. I stopped and watched closely and didn't see anything at all and that "baby" had also gone. It took my friends a few seconds to realize that I had stopped and when they came back for me, I told them what I saw and they were a bit "oh, it was probably no one" but I know what I saw and I just wish that I had my camera or phone with me!

Oh, and to add some extra information, it was a really, really hot, humid and sticky day when this happened because I remember having to change when I got into town on account of being too hot. So, why would somebody be dressed in heavy black clothing? It took me a while to work that one out, I must admit, because I was a bit confused.

There are also some other dodgy park like areas in the town that a lot of people know of. For example, on day whilst playing a game a few years ago with my Guides, we came across a weeping willow-like tree that had loads of candles and flowers and decorations hanging from it. A policeman was wandering around this area as well, which was a bit odd, and he told us that a man had hung himself there. This is not the first time a "killing" had happened in that park.

It's just a little story, I know, but it still is to me an "experience". I just don't think that I was seeing things.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, laurenemmam, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-17)
first of all. What the heck is a fleshie? That could apply to any carbon based individual. Have you went back there at the same time of night and tried to see it again? You should try with a camera and recording device though
laurenemmam (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
I talk about this story to my dad, aunt and grandma and the good thing is, they believe me! Not saying that you don't, it's just my friends think its kind of nonsense you know?
But anyway, this "person" that I saw was most definately in out-of-period clothing... Basically clothes that were not the 21st century.
Just a little extra info
Xxxx
laurenemmam (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Uumm...
It was more a shadow person I think... However I couldn't see through it... So maybe it was a fleshie?
Aaarrggghh this is mushing up my brain...
Ok
I think it was a shadow figure:)
Xxx
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Not trying to repeat any one else's questions, but as I have not yet read through the comments, there is no way for me to tell if they are repeat questions of not. This cloaked black figure? Was it like a fleshie, or was it more like a Shadow figure?
Thank you.
laurenemmam (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
I visited that park today with my friend Fern and told her all about it. She said that it must have been scary!
I took her up to the very place that I saw this but there was nothing there at all. The branch where the "baby was hanging" had no marks at all.
We stayed there for a while and chatted and ate sweets (lol) and then I took some pictures, just in case.
Nothing showed up in the pictures: (I was rather hoping that something would come up on them.
However, when we were in the spot where I saw it I did feel very uncomfortable...
Xxx
laurenemmam (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
I think that this was my first real experience:)
I am just glad that I saw it in the bright sunshine and not at night!
Xxxx
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Wow that was a scary story. I really don't know who this was but indeed this was scary. Thanks again for sharring it with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
laurenemmam (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Hey,
I supose I could have been, but I drink water a lot!
I don't think that I would've imagined it, it was just too clear to have imagined!
I thought that to about it being one of the emos, but at the time (being after school) the only people that we (me and my friends) saw in the park were a couple of people in our blue school uniform havin a fag!
It just really didn't seem like an emo person, it just didnt.
Thanks for all your comments guys:)
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
From the sound of the characters in the park, the black dressed person could have been an Emo or Goth (they will wear black regarless of the heat or situation).
Perhaps they strung a baby doll up (I have seen that done by Emos and Goths before... Lame but true).
mlc13 (7 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
I believe you, you would have to be really crazy to imagine something like that. But if you want something a little more scientific, you could have been dehydrated and imagined the whole thing.
laurenemmam (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Hi!
An "emo" is a steriotypical name for a person (male or female), mainly a young one, who wears a lot of black, makeup, likes heavy metal music and possibly harms themselves. "Emo" is short for "emotional" and the music they tend to listen to is very heavy and emotional.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo

A "chav" is another steriotypical name for a person (again male or female) and mostly young who wears a lot of "bling" (heavy, gold and chunky jewellery) smokes a lot, drinks a lot, is rude, almost anti-social-like.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

It's a bit hard to explain... Google them if you want more and I am sure that you will get some good results!
Yeah, it was pretty scary! It made me jump and gave me a little bit of a shock!
Xxxxx
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Wow, and whew. That would have terrified me as well.

Acouple of questions...l. What is an emo? What is a chav?

Maybe that will help with the detail a bot.

Thanks!
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: