You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Man Walking Through Car

Real Ghost Stories

Man Walking Through Car

 

I have had several supernatural things happen to me over the years. My great grand mother was a gifted psychic and I guess that I inherited a little bit of an ability to see things that others can't. This will be the first of several true stories that I hope to submit. Back around 1980, I was on my way home. It was close to midnight. I was driving up this hill when I spotted this man in a long trench coat. He had on a hat and was looking down. He was slowly walking out to the middle of the road. I could see the headlights from another car coming from the opposite direction. It was just getting ready to top the hill and I knew that they would not have time to stop and would hit the man. I just braked and sat there waiting to hear the man get hit. Instead, I heard the car whiz past me. I opened my eyes and found the man walking through the hood of my car. I felt as though I was going to faint. I waited until he got on the other side. I then got away from there, only to have another weird thing happen to me about two miles down the road. An army jeep pulled out in front of me. I laid down on my horn and braked, but the jeep disappeared right before my eyes. That was a very traumatic event for me that gives me chills after all these years.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

tomboymarie1 (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
My name is summer, and I have experienced similar things to what you have. I have been haunted and I have seen this man walking to. I was 8 which I'm 11 now and I was riding in a car with my family. It was dark and I only I seen a man walking in dark clothing, a black trench coat with a hat on. I yelled stop but It was to late. I jumped out of the car and looked around no one was out there. I crawled under the car searching for someone who wasn't going to be seen. My family said I was delirious but I now know I'm not. Thank You for sharing your story
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
I agree with the place memory idea. Einstein believed that the past present and future existed right now, and I've since read of other physicists who believe along the same lines. Perhaps place memories were more strongly imprinted from strong personal feelings put out by people because of tramatic experiences going on at the time. This in itself doesn't seem scary. What would be scary, no terrifying is if we could see all of the past and future happening around us right now. Maybe some of the people locked up in insane assylums actually do this. That would be horribe. No yesterday and no tomorrow, only death, and then maybe then only to occupy a groove in the record of time.
terriwarren (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Since the man walked through the hood of your car and did not acknowledge your presence, chances are it was not a ghost but a "place memory." Just a recording of a previous event imprinted on the area for whatever reason. As DeviousAngel said, the jeep may be part of the same event or place memory. 😕
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Hmm...thank you for sharing your story! It sounds like the encounter you experienced was probably two separate parts to a single related event. A man in a trenchcoat. I know the military issues trenchcoats to soldiers in very cold places. Perhaps there was an accident on that road? Try researching it (probably no further back than the first use of Jeeps in the military) and see what you come up with! Good luck!
SnailBug (61 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Whoa, that would have traumatized me too, not because it was a ghost but because I would have almost "hit" someone! SCARY. I wonder who/what you saw?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-02)
Hi Sherry, This is interesting. If the two are not related, what are the chances of having two encounters on the same road and the same night? I would have agree with KimSouthO, there must have been some kind of accident that both of these apparitions were involved in at some point. I do not know if you will read this or not, but, do you travel that road often? If so, have you seen repeats?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
It sounds as if there may have been a fatal car accident in the area you describe, both encounters could have had to do with the same accident and may be acting in a residual fashion, repeating the tramautic event over and over.

Thank you for sharing,
God Bless!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
Hi that's strange and freaky lol they don't know there dead that is a weird area that is. Thanks for sharing your story with us all I enjoyed reading it. There has been 3 ghosts in my house and I see 1 at my boyfriends old house. 😊
carla (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
is this storrie real or is it a true lie cas I wish to belive in the burning man so could you please show me a picture or even the video of the burning man.
jessy (6 stories) (35 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-28)
That is really scary. Especially since it is on the road where there are cars and what not.
Cat16 (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-26)
Wow! that must have been a scary experiance for you. I mean a dead man ghost walking through the hood of your car and then having an army truck stop right in front of your car and then it disappearing into thin air.Thats weird!
Kelsey (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-28)
I agree with Lise, not a good idea to read these at night, it is 10:09 here and I am now really creeped out!
Lisa (guest)
+1
18 years ago (2006-10-01)
Ok I'm scared now! I shouldn't have read that at night time. I will definitely have to share my experiences. Thanks
Roy (guest)
+1
18 years ago (2006-09-30)
Great story and really frightening events. I may send in some of my experiences since I've found this sight. Thanks for sharing your encounters.
toby (guest)
+1
18 years ago (2006-09-30)
enjoyed your story. I bet you were really frightened with that experience.
kimberly (guest)
+1
18 years ago (2006-09-30)
That is so scary..i dont know what i would have done in that situation...wow i cant wait to hear about some more of your experiences!!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: