You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Static Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Static Spirit

 

I've given you one experience that has to due with Victoria. That was the whole deal with the roof top voice and etc. She has gradually gotten obsessive about ghosts and spirits as we've gotten older.

Needless to say the roof top encounter did nothing for her curiosity.

While I was talking to her on the phone one night she began talking about how she'd been trying to "summon" spirits. This is a rich kid who could easily satisfy her thirst for ghouls and goblins by purchasing books. She began explaining a rather expansive progress that she'd found on some random website. She began explaining that I would need to come over to help her with her make-shift Ouija board, at this point I told her that she was crazy and that she needed to stop obsessing over spirits.

The next day she called me complaining that she had a headache and saying that she'd tried to Ouija on her own. At this point I was yelling and pretty much calling her an idiot. Now as I'm yelling at her the connection starts breaking up and crackling. I tell her that and we hang up.

The next day she called again to tell me she'd been getting a feeling she was being watched. As she was talking the connection started breaking again. When she gets done talking she asked me what I'd been whispering while she was talking. Now I had two options here, freak out, or call her crazy and hang up. I chose the latter, but she called me back and insisted that something had been whispering. I listened to her as she explained what she thought the "voice" had said and wrote it down for giggles.

From what she told me it said, "I've got you..." "You can't escape..." "Hello Victoria..." and "don't ignore me..." As she discussed what these messages could mean there was a sketchy sound like a signal cutting in and out quickly. We hung up after awhile, it was like 6 pm.

Now when she calls me back the next day she says that she hasn't heard the static all day, when I ask what she's talking about she replies "Well, it didn't even come when I talking to Aggie or Hannah!" I tell her she was probably just imagining the static talking to her, which was probable, and still is in my mind.

Before I discredit the story I did only experience the static while talking to her and mostly when she mentioned spirits and etc. And she insists she only heard (hears) it when I talk to her on the phone.

As she started talking more about the static the connection started going funny and I actually started hearing an almost totally electronic sounding voice basically whispering.

When she asks if I hear "him, the voice" I answer yes and keep listening as she proceeds to begin to question the static. She would tell it to mess with the connection if it was a yes or keep it clear if the answer was no. Eventually she came to the conclusion it was a male spirit that had been torn from its path towards the light because it heard her calling and now it was lost.

The static plagued our phone conversations for a long time and Victoria became obsessed with the "Static Spirit" on the phone line, she would call me just to talk to this entity. I eventually told her that she should stop talking to it, to which she replied, that it was her "friend" and she could talk to it whenever she wanted.

Now I don't know what happened but I haven't "heard" from the spirit in a while. Victoria is truly crushed about not talking to it, but I said it was for her own good. Was it? I never bought the whole story about innocently being torn from its path and I really just don't know what to think. Maybe I should just be upset that she tried to Ouija in a house all by herself, no protection other than something she found on a WEBSITE. I really need help with this. Explanations wanted!

Lastly why did it only contact her when I was on the line? Was it attached to our phone lines somehow? Did it want to put on a show? I know what I heard, and sadly it was a land-line so I couldn't get any EVP, but then again all my recordings disappear in association with her... Pretty please help me?

Other hauntings by alex323

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alex323, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Astronautical (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
I think it is really worrying that she said she had a headache and then the voices started, but then again, she could be building it up if she was pulling a prank on you.

I think we need to think logical before paranormal, like whitebuffalo said.

Good luck with this 😁
alex323 (5 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
I considered she was pulling my leg and still do consider it possible. I just don't know what to think really. But its easy to accpet and logical. Thanks for your help =]
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I realy enjoyed reading it. I agree with Whitebuffalo here. Many things can be explained. There are many ways to explain different things. We must think in a logical way before we start to think in a paranormal way. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
White Noise is filled with the sounds of voices, and it is easy to imagine whatever it is that you fear the most in the static. The thing is, the voices are not always there, and in MOST cases the voices are found to be imagination based.
Personally, and please do not think I am attacking you or your friend, as I truly am not, I FEEL that she is pulling your leg, Hun. There are ways to mess with the phone cord, and sometimes the set itself, to make the sound of static. I have done it myself when in a conversation that I really wanted out of, but was to polite to say "Hey, you are starting to get on my nerves, so I am going to hang up..."
Not saying that you were getting on her nerves. I just think that perhaps you were the only one to be truly upset with her about the Ouija experience, and as her other friends may not be as keen on ghosts as you are, you would be the best one for her to have in her corner if the news of the encounter got out. See what I mean?
I simply do not FEEL a ghostly entity in this experience.
Thank you.
CuriousDave (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
On a side note to your friend victoria, it's best not to open any doors that you don't know how to close. Also when you use a Oujia board you never know who or what your calling upon. I would suggest not to do anything to enrage the spirit, well atleast not yet. But if something harmful does happen I would call in some professionals. Well good luck and god bless!
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
I think Victoria should have a really long talk with several Oujia board veterans on this site. I do agree with you keeping her away from this entity, on just what she said she heard in the first conversation with it. Sounds possessive, and possibly harmful.
WRP (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
could you please clear up weather or not you record the calls? You say you can't but then you say you lose the recordings. I'm a little confused.
Spartan070 (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
The only advice I can give is what youve been doing. Keep her away from him, becuase if hes not contacting you then she has something he wants!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: