You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Big Haunted White House On Kinloch

Real Ghost Stories

The Big Haunted White House On Kinloch

 

When I was about 3, my grandmother lived in this big white house. I lived with her and my mother. My mother and I shared a room and my grandmother had her own. One night my grandmother heard a voice say "Can you hear me now?" so she got scared and went downstairs to the couch. The same night a little later, my mother heard the same voice saying the same thing. She also went downstairs.

A few days later my grandmother and mother noticed me separating my toys into 2 piles and talking to the walls. The told me I told them that I had a new friend named O My Lord.

I described her as wearing a blue party dress with long blonde, curly hair, with a blue bow on her head.

When we took trips up north I used to point to the tops of the trees and say she was there.

I asked a few neighbors about the history of the house and I found out that a judge had built it a long time ago and he had killed his daughter and shoved her body in to the closet of my room.

While my grandmother was living there, her youngest son would have terrible night terrors. But only around me and the house. He continued having the night terrors until he moved out then he was fine. It was an every night thing with him.

My family no longer lives there. A new family moved in, so I really can't give an update or anything.

Other hauntings by Nikki1990

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nikki1990, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

clovisgrunty (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
True or not... I lived on Kinloch in Redford, MI during the mid 80's. I lived near the bottling plant, two block North of Plymouth. This part is still a dirt road in suburban Detroit.

I love reading real ghost stories. Mostly I browse these stories for locations I may know of. They bring back memories, and possibly help unlock some lost experiences with ghosts I have had.
Nikki1990 (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
Well, I'm going by what bith my grandmother and my mother told me and they wouldn't both lie about something like this, plus I remember her. She did say can you hear me in one sentence at one time so I don't know much about your entinties but that's what they heard...
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
As white bufflo said entities don't usualy use sentences to say something. This story has me puzzled for sure. If you would of say the first time you heard it, it said CAN the next time it said YOU and so forth then you could of put the sentence togeather. But it takes a lot of energy for an entity to put more then one word out for you can hear them, or even if it was wrote down would be broken up words not sentances.
Nikki1990 (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
Tahnks Bellissma...I'll share them as soon as this site let's me post another story...
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
Hi Nikki1990. Thanks for replying. From your comment it sounds like you have a lot more experiences to tell about. I hope you'll share them, I'm looking forward to reading about them.
Nikki1990 (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
Uhm... Little things happened when I moved out. I lived in an apartment after that for about 10 years and things happened there but I think it was a diffrent thing because the things it did was pretty mean. And after the apartment I lived in a house for 3 years and I heard a gtlass break and a girl saying my name but nothing else really.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
Hi Nikki1990. I enjoyed your story.Don't be upset with FRAWIN - when you said they heard 'can you hear me now', the absolute first thing that came to my mind was also the commercial he's referring to. You might be too young to be aware but it was one of those silly things that sticks in your mind, funny yet annoying. Everyone made fun of it. You definitely had some odd things happen there. Has anything happened to you since moving away from the house? It sounds like something had an attraction to you so I wondered if it remained in the house or kept any sort of link to you. Thanks for sharing your story.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
Thank you, Nikki1990,
I appreciate your answering my questions.
What I meant about the going up North is simply I was trying to figure out your paragraph number four.
You pointed to tree tops and said she was there. I was just wondering if you were returning HOME from the trips, or if you were HEADING OUT for the trips. It is just a matter of was she greeting you, or bidding you farewell.
Thank you.
Nikki1990 (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
KimSouthO...Many logical explinations...? Like what? You weren't there... How would you even know? 😠
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I am afraid I must go with the others on this one. The events that are described in this story can clearly have many logical explanations and a lot of this story is hear say.

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
This was a very interesting story. I enjoyed reading it. I wouldn't get mad if I were you. People are allowed to have there own opinion. I don't think Frawin was trying to attack you. I liked your story and I believe that there might be something there. But I believe that that is not such a great thing 😆!I hope you have other stories to share. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Nikki1990 (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Whitebuffalo...The voice came fromm under the bed and next to her... It said can you hear me and hey. My mother knew it was the same voice because she told my grandmother about it. The television nor the radio wasn't on. They didn't explain to me in detail if tehre was static or not. I don't recall naming her I was only about 3 or 4. But I wouldn't have made it up myself because we never went to church and I knew nothing about god or the lord... And no one I knew then ever used that phrase. 'm not quite sure what you mean by me going to her when we went up north. I do get what you mean by the whole medical thing though.
Nikki1990 (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Linkrules...thats weird about your doors slamming. I'd be freaking out. Have you ever seen anything? Other than the doors slamming?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Alright, I really tried to stay away, but please forgive me, I can not.
The night that your Grandmother heard a voice saying "Can you hear me now", is there a chance that a radio or the telly was on? Was it clear, and straight at her, or was there a sound of almost static before it began (sounds a bit like a plastic bag getting agitated). Was it a strong voice or weak?
When your mother heard it, how did she KNOW it was the same voice? And did it repeat the same phrase?
As for the name of your friend. Do you recall NAMING your friend, or was the name presented to you? Is there any way that you can describe how you came up with a phrase for the name, and not simply a one word name. Most ghosts when communicating do not have straight conversations with the living, but offer up one word at a time. It is EXTREMELY rare for an entity to try at sentences. It simply takes too much energy.
You write that when you took trips up north you would see her at the tops of the trees. Am I to assume that you were on a holiday, and she accompanied you for the trip, or were you traveling BACK to her and she was leading the way?
Some people are very sensitive to the paranormal, some have inklings that there may be something just out of their reach, or out of their understanding. For some, the thought of a ghost in the home kind of overloads their brain, and they start to imagine things.
In our dream state, our MINDS take over where our BRAINS take a short break. Our MINDS work overtime. Most of us use between a quarter and a half of our BRAINS. Our MINDS create fear, and images of those things that we DO fear. And our BRAINS try to be analytical about the whole process.
I FEEL that, as you were a believer, and your Uncle had the fear, his nightmare were fueled by what he thought he knew of the Unknown. He has associated such fears with the home, and therefore as he has moved away, the fear no longer exists.
But that is just my medical estimation of the occurrences in this home. I am human. I could be wrong. But my FEELINGS and the medical mumbo jumbo seem to have taken hands and are walking down the path and into the sunset.
Thank you.
Linkrules2008 (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Sometimes when I am home alone, the doors in my house slam. It's really creepy. And guess what? My dad is about to leave to go to work right now. Which means I am going to be left home alone 😨. Sorry if this didn't matter to you 😳
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Hello Nikki. I am not saying that you are lying. My first thought was that this is a gag story, written to amuse or to pull the wool over the eyes of believers, of which I am one, a believer. Look at it from my point of view. When I read of your grandmother and mother hearing," Can you hear me now?", my thoughts ran to the Verizon television commercials, where the guy is running around with a cellphone in different locations saying," Can you hear me now?" My first thought was this is a gag and then the imaginary playmate named O My Lord seemed to really set it off. I could just see 3 or 4 people gathered around a computer, making up a story to get one over on us believers.
If this is not the case and it appears that it isn't, then I APOLOGIZE. I didn't mean to belittle your story but you can see where I was coming from, can't you.

FRAWIN 😊
Nikki1990 (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Me and my unbcle are about 11 or 12 years apart... The house is in Redford right off of Grand River. I really can't give the address because a new family lllives there.
Nikki1990 (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
What are you talking about the wool over our eyes? You don't have to believe it but I would never lie so whatever. If you think this stuff is a lie why are you on here then? 😠
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Hmmm. Just where abouts in Michigan did this occur? I live practically on top of the border between Indiana and Michigan, and I travel a lot in my work and would be more than willing to check out this House.
What I find interesting is that you clearly state that your Uncle had night terrors while in close proximity to you. What is the age difference between the two of you?
Thank you.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Is it just me or does anybobdy else feel the wool being pulled over our eyes. I am sorry but I can't take this one serious. It is very entertaining though.

FRAWIN 😆
dboy (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
My nephew has a ghostly freind who is a shadow and follows him around he said that its not a kid becuase the shadow is much bigger then him. He often talks to him. But when we tell him not to talk to him he gets really angry. 😲

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: