You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Two Of My Experiences In My Old Home

Real Ghost Stories

Two Of My Experiences In My Old Home

 

I'm going to tell you some past short experiences that happened in my home when I was a child:

When I was about six, I had to sleep in my brother's room as my room was being decorated; my brother was sleeping at a friend at the time.

I'd fallen asleep and I remember waking up and seeing this man by the door (I'd slept with the door open) he was wearing a kind of hat and a suit, needless to say as I was six I was scared.

Now my next experience was when I was twelve. I'd just got in from being at my friends house and no one else was in, it was around 9 PM. I decided to watch some television and as I was watching the TV, I heard footsteps up stairs.

My first thought was that it was an intruder, so being as babyish as I am I ran to the door of the room I was in and put my back against it. The footsteps moved to the landing then the stairs. My dog that was in the hall started whimpering loudly, I then decided to call my mum. Luckily she was on her way up to the house, and when she and my brother got in the checked the house in and out and there was nothing in sight.

I've had many more experiences but these were the ones that I have remembered more about. Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Krista, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
Your fifth paragraph caught my attention. You claim that you got up, ran to the door and put your back to it, all the while these footsteps came forward.
Is that correct?
If it is, I would suggest that you have nothing to worry about. I know, MANY people can tell you not to worry about something as THEY were not there, and THEY have NO CLUE as to the feeling of fright in the situation. But, I would suggest that this is an imprint on the fabric of time, and you were simply hearing echos of the past.
I would think (please keep in mind that I AM a living human, and unable to say unquestionably what a ghost THINKS), that if this was an INTELLIGENT haunt, the footsteps may have stopped when the ghost sensed your discomfort, or tried a different form of attention getting. In a residual, it would not be able to STOP the film, it would simply HAVE to play itself out.
Thank you.
Krista (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
thanks for the comments.

Ghost burglar, haha 😆

I will probably post some more of my experiences soon 😊
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
cool. Sounds like residuals in both cases and not terribly prevalent either. All the best.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Well...I can only say that some of the comments are great on this site. Ghost Burgler! 😆 I don't want to be mean and hurt someones feelings but I love that comment! I was almost laughing to tears when I was reading it! I thank you for that! I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Linkrules2008 (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
ooh that's creepy maybe it was a ghost burglar XD that would make it extra creepy O.O
Spartan070 (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
well... This is a wild guess but be ready for something when your eighteen.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: