You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Love Of The Ancestors

Real Ghost Stories

The Love Of The Ancestors

 

Many of you know that my partner has gone through a great deal very recently. We had thought, at one point that she would leave us, but she is still going strong and thanks The Great Spirit daily, while singing in the day.

Up wards twenty years ago we met while working in a working farm market. I worked the fields, and she sold our goods. She was an excellent sales person, and her charisma seemed to pull people into the store. But then, her honesty is what brought them back. She was known for stopping a sale as it did not smell right to her; the meat did not look right etc. She just could not seem to "just push the sale through..."

She comes from a family much different than my own. She never lacked for anything while growing up, and even had plenty left over to go around to those she so enjoyed helping. That was a sore spot with her parents, but she worked for what she gave away and would not be turned away from her heart.

The field workers were not supposed to mingle with the store workers, we were of a different breed and were not supposed to give off the image that would cause, but she was often out in the fields, or in the break room with us.

Talk about marching to the beat of a different drummer.

We became fast friends. When she met my family for the first time, it was SHE who took my arm and made the first step to walk to our lodge. I tried to hang back out of shame.

I knew what her home looked like, and she was out of her class. When meeting with my family, she treated all as if they were special, and she had known them for years. I had had to quit school early to help support the family, and she was not affected by the squalor in which we lived.

The road was a difficult one. She met with our Medicine Man, and she carried on conversations, and shared HER medicine with him. He was impressed. When I made the announcement that I would like to ask her Father for her hand, all of that erupted into a war field of fear. The family knew YEARS before I even hinted it to her, what my intentions were.

When I told her that The Ways dictated that she would have to leave her family and live as mine for a period of no less than one year in order to see the intent of her heart, she readily accepted. We set her up in a hunter's cabin (One room. No bathroom, no running water, none of the luxuries of men) on the edge of The Land. And left her alone.

Strange lights would crackle and rise from her fires. Conversations were heard when we knew that she was alone. She went out every day in search of herbs and other medicines that she was prevented from purchasing. She learned quickly, and always with a smile on her face.

The final step was a month in the lodge of The Medicine Man.

As a female, she would be expected to help out should there be a medical need. What we had found out was that, at times, her medicine was just as strong, if not more so than his. On her own, she knew exactly when to thank The Great Spirit, when to silently wait, and when to try again. Her healing songs were strong, and we had never before seen such strength from one not of our Ways.

At the end of her trial, she was asked one question. This is when we knew her heart. She was asked what her reason for going forward was. Why was it that she got up every morning and did all of these things that she was seen doing, knowing that she would receive no reward? Her answer was a simple one; she said that when things got tough, the Ancestors carried her.

She explained that she had been visited on several counts by the Old Ones, and especially when she was in need of help that she knew she could not ask for. She said that earthly rewards were not what she was striving for, that there was a greater purpose and someday, when she looked The Horsemen in the face, she would KNOW if she passed or failed.

The next April we were married, and she became MY warrior. At the ceremony she received her Path name, one that only she feels does not quite fit and the skies lit up with what can only be described as The Northern Lights would be. A rainbow of flickering colors that were seen too far away from the North Pole to actually BE them. The ceremonial fires spit sparks that represented the Ancestors visiting, and the owls stood silent for just one night.

This may not sound like a ghost story in the means that most of these are, but I would submit that it is a Spiritual story. One in which the Spirits of The Elders brought to me, and taught for US a beautiful woman who has much medicine, and lives between the realm on a daily basis. She walks with the Spirits, and is taught by all they have to offer. All while asking for nothing.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, racemustang, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sundaydrive (49 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-20)
Oh! That's so sweet, Race! In all the time that I've known you, I never thought you had it in you! Aaawwww.
I just stepped off of Whites page on Perception (saw a comment somewhere and wanted to follow up on it) and of course it got me to thinking. I'm wondering about the things you SAW.
The fire that spit, the sky that lit, the owls that were silent, the conversations. Were all of these seen by others or just yourselves? With Crouching Bear involved, it almost sounds like everyone witnessed them.
Your description of her is dead on, but of course it would be. Reading the comments, sounds like most people here thought the same thing. How do we get her back on? I feel like I'm following behind and missing out on so much.
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
What an absolutely beautiful story! I see it's been a year since anyone has commented. I have tears in my eyes after reading this. Thanks so much for posting this.

Jennifer ❤
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
Also thank you. I am very greatful for your knowledge, and I do hope that you and buffy will have a humble life together, lol keep in touch, now I have two role models to keep me on the path of wise and greatful meanings. Thank you

Katona1700s ❤
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
Forgive me, I said that wrong. I ment where you can still have an area where your ansestory stays, where I am there is mostly citys, all green is cement... Well most likely the world will be cement if they keep building cities the way they are.

Katona1700s ❤
racemustang (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
A person can believe in their ancestry from wherever they stand, Katona1700s. Buffy came to the Land respectfully, and full of the urge to learn. When she was first told she must live there, she had no idea that I entended to ask for her heart. She went with a humble being, in search of her self. And gained the knowledge that she was so much more than she first thought.
Thank you for the conversation. You warm my heart with your thoughts, and your honesty is refreshing.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
That is a beautiful story. I hope you two are very happy. What kind of place do you live around, sounds to me like an ancient land of peace and care, you are lucky to live somewhere where you can believe in your ansestory.:)

Katona1700s ❤
racemustang (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
Thank you wanderer. It has not been an easy road, but we have come from being co-workers, to being Grandparents together.
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
That was wonderful to read, very sweet. The love you two have for each other is clear even through the computer screen.
racemustang (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
I would like to thank you all for the comments made on behalf of this story. I had thought it would not be submitted as it was not an obvious "ghost story".
We have the thought that a Spirit is the biggest sign of love that can be shown to a person. The tests say "There is not greater love than he who lay down his life for his friend..." If you have laid down your life, you have given up your life force, and are therefore no longer among the living. To BE ABLE to rejoin those you love is the ultimate in the SIGN of love.
Perhaps that is why The People readily accept visions, dreams and visits without most of the distrust that seem to accompany them from the other races.
Or maybe we have not been able to explain the Teachings well enough.
DUnknown (4 stories) (65 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
Such marvelous display of love and intimacy. Really deserves a rewarding, well rather, a fruitful journey as couples. May the Almighty give you both with joy and happyness, more children and more blessings to come. Thank you again for sharing this wonderful story that it may reflect each one of us that there will always be someone meant for us to grow old with and to love.

Sincerely,

JAY ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
What and absolutely beautiful account for you and your life mate! What a lovely tribute. With a person created of such a beautiful fabric as your mate as you have described, it is easy to see how and why the Ancestors would visit and let their presence be known and their guidance be felt.

Thank you so much for sharing this lovely tribute with us!

God Bless!
Sorcha (59 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Absolutely beautiful. The fabric of life is a wonderful mystery. Thank you very much for posting 😊

XxxX
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Wow what a touching story. It isn't a ghost story its so much more and so much better. I have to say you are one lucky women Automn to have a carring husband like that. And Racemustang vice versa 😁.This story will help me look down the road of life with my wife. When times get tough I will remeber this story. A couple that love each other and after many years, the Love only grew stronger. Thank you for thsi story 😁.but don't get mad at me. In the begginig I thought you were talking about Mustang. Similar names! My mistake 😆.I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
When granting permission, I had in mind a more recent account. One in which we were running around the field with dogs barking and nipping at our heals and ending up in peals of laughter as we realized it was a CAT that jumped out at us, and NOT a Spirit.
Most generally this is where I ask a bundle of questions, but for some reason, the only one that came to mind (perhaps as I remember this story WELL) was; THAT is what the Northern Lights look like?
Well, no wonder Crouching Bear asks me so many questions!
I would like to add my thoughts on the silent owls. We were at a time in our lives in which we ask The Great Spirit for an everlasting understanding of each other. We asked for patience of each others misdeeds and mistakes and we asked that He grant us just ONE day to live as a sole entity. (I know that YOU know all of this, but the others may not know the words given...)
I would suggest, to you, that with the owls being a sign of death, in their silence, they were echoing the words chanted for our union. They, too, were granting us the promise of a LIVING trust, and not the death of our SEPARATE pasts.

One more thing. I DID lack for something while growing up. And YOU were what was meant to fill that space.
❤ Autumn
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
You're absolutely right! It's not another ghost story of dark encounters between the innocent humans and the evil spirits and for that I thank you.

I've known your warrior for some time now although something in my heart tells me I've known her long before that. It's in her words, in her comforting way she approaches people around her, in her unique way of taking an active part in other people's struggles. I've heard her voice behind the written words, I have felt her concern but most of all, I have felt her inner strength-that light that keeps sparkling when darkness prevails.

I'm proud to have been her friend and proud to know that my friend is a unique woman of such compassion and wisdom. Now I'm also proud for the man that stands right beside her on this treacherous and difficult path.

Thank you for submitting this story Racemustang!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Hello George. As I read through your words, I had to stop and wipe the tears from my eyes. There is not much that makes this old "wolfe" cry but when I read and felt the love the two of you have for each other and share unselfishly with the world the tears fell like rain. I have never read a more beautiful tribute to anyone than what you have written. My heart sings for joy that I can call you both- FRIEND.

FRAWIN 😊 😊
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
racemustang-thank you for sharing this beautiful story. You have a wonderful warrior, partner, friend on your side. This just goes to show that the ancestors are never wrong. Thanks again for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: