You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Floater In The Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

The Floater In The Hallway

 

This happened just last night when I got out of my bed to go to the loo.

If I'm honest, I do get scared when I go to bed at night. It is something that has been happening ever since I have looked at/read about ghosts and posted my own stories. It's not that bad, don't worry, all I mean is that I have to turn all of the lights on before I leave my bedroom or I sleep a certain way so I know the only thing that is in front of me is a wall. However, I enjoy looking at this site, so I am prepared to deal with the consequences.

Anyhow, I had gone to bed last night, about 10:30pm, after posting another couple of stories on here (its really cool because the more I think about my experiences, the more I have to tell) and I was a tired, so I was hoping that I would fall asleep really quickly.

However, I didn't. It was really hot and I got up about 30 minutes after getting into my bed needing the loo. I turned on my bedside light and headed into the hallway, which was lit up slightly because my parents were watching TV in their bedroom. But I still turned on the hallway light. I looked up and saw a floating white mist in the left-hand corner of the hallway above the stairs. I looked away and then realized what I saw and looked back, but the mist had gone.

I didn't really think much of it so I went to the toilet and got back to bed. However, 30 minutes later, still hot, I needed the loo again (I drink a lot of water, always have done, always will) so I turned the lights on and headed to the hallway. This time, the hallway was completely dark so I dashed to turn on the light. When I did, I noticed the white mist floating, but this time on the right-hand side and near me. I was a little freaked out at this point so I quickly went to the loo and jumped back into my bed.

That was the last time I saw the floating mist as I didn't get out of my bed again until this morning, and there was nothing there.

All I really want to know is, was there actually anything there? Or was it just my imagination?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, laurenemmam, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

laurenemmam (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
Heya,
Yeah I agree with you there, I don't think what I saw was a spirit, and I hope it wasn't...but as I have said, I was just curious xxxx
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
Hi laurenemmam, in my opinion there isn't a spirit in your home. This comes less from my knowledge of ghosts (which is shakey at best) and more from what I know about the human mind. Since it has only happened once when you say you were really tired, you had just gotten out of bed, and had been writting about paranormal things, your imagination probably took over for a few seconds. I wouldn't worry about it. However like others have already said, only you know for sure what you saw.
laurenemmam (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
Hiya everybody!
Thanks for the comments!
Ok, Linkrules2008, a loo is a toilet:)
Xxx
Linkrules2008 (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Hi.

I'm just going to say that if you saw it twice, I'm pretty sure there was something there.

P.S. What's a loo?
laurenemmam (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Hi!
I agree with you on that one, I am hoping that it was my imagination because I had been looking and feeling a lil scared about this stuff.
Xxxx
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Hi. I want to point out that researching this stuff can put you into the right mindframe to see things which are not there. I believe that most true paranormal events happen when a person is not expecting anything at all. If you tune your mind in then every thump and bang can be a ghost to your mind. Its purely psychological over familiarization. I'm not saying this is the case. Just keep it in mind.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
I will agree with White Buffalo on this one. Only YOU know for sure what you saw. If you can not say what it was beyond a shadow of a doubt, do let it frighten you any more than you already are. If additional experiences happen, then you will know for sure.

Keep us posted.
God Bless!
laurenemmam (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
hey:)
Well, that could've been possible. However, the lights were behind me... Always have been.
I don't think I want a spirit in my house either, I was just curious to know what it could've been:)
Thanks for the comments xxx
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
I would love to be able to tell you, without the shadow of the doubt that you saw a honest to goodness mist as you woke up this night, but the truth is, I can not. Only YOU can really say that as only YOU were present at the time.
I do have a question. Is it possible that you looked too intently on the lights as you were in the hallway? Sometimes when our eyes are adjusting to being awake it forms what is termed as watery vision, which to some looks like a fog. Also, televisions are known for their flashing lights causing hallucinations and even seizures in some people, and in others "spotted sight". And when looking directly at a bulb turning on, well, you know.
Thank you for sharing this.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I have to agree with Frawin on this one. I to believe this to be your imagination. Fear and stress can do some very interesting things with the mind. But to be honest I don't think you want a spirit in your house. So I guess this cheeryou up. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Hello laurenemmam. I read your story with interest and I thank you for sharing it with us. I am leaning towards it being your imagination. By your own admission you said that you get scared, "...when I go to bed at night. It is something that has been happening ever since I have looked at/read about ghosts and posted my own stories..." Most of the time when you have the paranormal on your mind and expect to see something -you will. It is like a friend of mine says- if you have to ask if imagination it's your, it is.
Take Care.

FRAWIN

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: