You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Whispering, Knocking And Other Weird Happenings

Real Ghost Stories

Whispering, Knocking And Other Weird Happenings

 

I'm a completely new user here and I thought I'd share my experience with the supernatural/spirits and etc.

My mother's side of the family has always been prone to weird things happening, seeing things, and hearing things and to put it bluntly... I really think there haunted by something or someone.

I've never really had any personal experiences myself, except for the past four or so months. For the past four months, for two days of every one of those months, weird things happen. It only happens when I'm lying in bed, trying to get to sleep.

The first time it happened, I was lying in bed with my eye closed, when all of a sudden I heard a very loud prominent knocking noise right above my head. Admit tingly, it scared the hell out of me and I opened my eyes to nothing. After a few hours of watching TV, trying to forget what happened, I tried to fall asleep again... Only to be welcomed by the very loud three knocks right above my head.

The next month it happened again, except this time it was followed by a man whispering very quickly and loudly in my ear. This happened for the next month as well. Now this month, along with the knocking and the whispering, a lady's has started to calling my name very very loudly right in my ear.

I am completely clueless as to what it or they are, I should also add I've asked the spirits to leave and my house has been cleared many times by many different spiritual sort of people and its been blessed. I pray and I call upon Michael the ark angel for help every time it happens. But it keeps happening and maybe I'm just going slowly insane.

I've also been seeing bright flashes of white light in the corner of my eye, this only happens in my part of the house (I live in an extension to the original house) Otherwise, I never see it and it creeps me out.

Does anyone have any opinions on what I'm experiencing here? I've always been told I'm very spiritually inclined and people are surprised when I tell them I don't see things and I never have. I just feel presences mostly... But the voices are new.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bettysightless, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bumblebee55 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
Awesome story.
As for the knocking, I think it might be a soldier from a war, because it might be some kind of a code, like a type of morse code.
Hope that helped!
😁
- bumblebee55
Ph240Z (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
This happened to me, I used to hear clicking, or a bell ring, or a shaking of the bed, or whisper, or yelling right into my ear. I no longer believe it was supernatural because after I learned it was my own head making it, I actually learned to do it to myself just before sleep. I can make a whisper clear as day say my own name in many different voices, I can make a loud car honk sound in my head, and I involuntarily shake just before sleep when I drink caffeine.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
Hello, bettysightless,
First I would like to tell you that I am confused as to the choice of screen names. The reason being is that I feel you DO have the sight, and often times, you seem to discount things as imagination. It is something we all do at some point. The flashing white light COULD be something.
That is if you have discounted passing cars, a flash off of a mirror or picture frame, faulty electricity and the like.
My understanding of the people who have sight is that at times it is a purely hereditary occurrence. But then, just as everything else that seems to have it's roots in our DNA, there are those who "pop out" with something none of our relatives have (Thus making US the first in the genetic line of these things), and then there are those that simply "skip" us or our generation. The confusing part of the genetic link is that if we are the first in the line, we can pass it to either our CHILDREN, or our PARENTS. It HAS been known to go both ways.
The Gift is received in many ways. There are those who only see the present, and they are what WE call the seers. There are those who see the future, and they are called far lookers.
There are those who simply hear. They are what we call the Listeners. There really is no way of US telling if someone is listening to the past, future or present. As we are dealing with GHOSTS, most of their experiences that we HEAR of are in the past, with a foreshadowing of the future. So there is only one "tense" of that word.
Then there are those who only FEEL. They are what WE call sensitives. There is no visual, not a sound can be heard, but their feelings are like electrical currents that run through their system.
I used terms like "simply" and "only", but in reality, we need ALL of these types when trying to learn of the Unknown. And in that your family seems to be seers and Listeners, it would only follow that there could be a Sensitive present also. It is not a given, but it would be another puzzle piece that makes the picture complete.
I know this was more along the lines of a walk in OUR world, and just an overview, but IN MY OPINION, you are part of the wheel that makes the human race go round. And you are fortunate to have family who has traveled parts of this road already, and may be able to show you the blueprint to make the journey easier to travel.
Thank you.
Kirska (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
It's possible that your mom's family is simply more sensitive to paranormal activity. Some people are more sensitive than others, and a lot of times it can be a family or "genetic" thing.
Linkrules2008 (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
One time I was laying in bed and I felt like someone put a sheet in front of my face and hit it really hard. And also one time there was a tv next my bed. Like two or three feet away and I woke up and it was on my head. It was really weird. That TV is haunted I think. One time it was doing a static thing and I heard someone saying "Oh come on!" It really creeped me out because that TV doesn't have a static channel and I don't even remember turning the Tv on. Sorry if I am wasting your time. I just know how you feel.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I realy enjoyed reading it. I believe that some spirits have a choice. I think that some spirits may always stay on this world because maybe they don't want to leave. But there is a chance that this spirit is popping in once in awhile. I don't know who it is but can it be a relative? I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: