You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Did It Follow Me Home?

Real Ghost Stories

Did It Follow Me Home?

 

First off, thanks for the comments on my previous story, My Neighbor's Haunted House. Now for you people who have read that story will know that my neighbor's house is haunted. For those who haven't read it you will need to.

This story is something that has happened to me in the past week. For the past week at night, I have been having this nightmare. Now in this nightmare, I'm this guy that lives in a house very similar to mine. I also have a roommate in the dream.

It starts out with me going to work. Now I go through the day of work, nothing different. But when I get home, my roommate is sitting outside scared out of her mind. She tells me that she has been hearing strange things in the house and creepy giggling. I go inside and inspect the house, but turn up nothing. We continue on with our evening and go to bed.

I wake up in the middle of the night because I hear something in the living room. I go to check it out and find the television on. I turn it off and hear something move into the basement.

I go down to check that out. I flip the light switch, but it doesn't come on. So I go back up to get a flashlight. But instead of walking up the stairs, something throws me back up and the door slams shut. I'm freaked out, but go back to bed.

In the morning, I go to work and it's another normal day, until about lunch. My roommate calls me to come home, so I do. When I get there she's sitting outside again. She is scared for her life when alone in the house, so we both go inside. She tells me that she's hearing things in the basement, so I go to investigate.

I walk down the stairs and ask her to come down. She does. She tells me that she has been hearing things in the back part of the basement, so we go there first. Now this is basically a basement living room. The television that is in there is on and I hear a giggle in the room.

I walk to shut the television off, but then something screams at me to stop. I stop and a picture comes off the wall and comes right at me. Then something tells me to get out. I say no and things start flying around in a circle around me.

This is about the time I wake up from my sleep and each time I just sit there for about 10 minutes just thinking about what it might mean. But a few days ago, I sat there for 10 minutes again, but when I got up that time I saw a little boy watching me from my doorway. When I try to talk to him he runs away and I when I look down the hall he's gone. Know this, my mom has gone to work about this time and the doors were all locked, and my dog was outside barking.

For the rest of the days until now I have noticed him everywhere, and have heard a faint giggle. I'm beginning to wonder if it is the ghost. Why is he just starting to show himself after like 2 years since I've been in my neighbor's house? These are questions I keep asking myself. If anyone wants to give me some advice, it would be helpful for me to understand this more. I don't think my mom has noticed anything, but I don't know because she doesn't ever tell me anything.

Well that's about it. Thank you for your time in reading this story. And please give me some advice.

Other hauntings by scaredshitless14

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scaredshitless14, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
How creepy. This little boy is watching you while you are sleeping? I don't know. A lot of people say that dreams are just dreams, and that may be true, but I have always thought that they mean more. When my Uncle was in Iraq, I had a dream that his ghost appeared to me. The next day I found out that he was in a hospital... Not dead or dying, but he had about 3 kidney stones. I think dreams can tell you things, and I think that maybe this boy is showing you something.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
Hi scared. Now I read this story after the other. Wow, this to happen? Um, it seems you are having the same dream over and over right? It could be a premonition of some kind which means this will happen and be played out in real life some time in the future. Or it could be a dream that the little boy wants you to see. Maybe he is trying to tell you something. Maybe he wants you to look into how he died so he may rest at peace. This is all the info. I have to give you coming from my past experiences. Hope it is helpful and you find out what it means. 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
Really, dreams can be telling a story, but more often than not they are just the accumulation of a lot of things your brain is trying ot work through. The fact that you can go through your entire day in the dreamstate simply means that your brain can be chronological even in sleep. I personally do not feel that the dream is in relation to the sighting of this young boy.
But also, sometimes we see things that we have seen in the dream state (AFTER the dream is over) that we have created in our minds as a result of the dream. Especially one that you have repeatedly.
If you think he is trying to tell you something, I would straight out ask again. Perhaps he did not hear the first time, or he was as startled by you seeing him as YOU were of seeing him.
Thank you.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
HI, very cool story. I think that you had a dream of the time to come. Like you get a roommate and she gets really scared in your house. Or it's a story that someone is going to write.
The little boy could be trying to tell you something. So follow him until he disappear. Then say out loud "where did you go" you can also give the little boy a name (I'll give you ideas Harry, John,Johnny,Ron.) If you say that then maybe he will show himself again a finshes what he wants to show you. If you want to, you can ask him out loud what is your name. I hoped I helped. And tell me if it worked.
GIRLIE #: (: 😁 ❤
AddingAtrophy (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
have you done any research on you area? Or the home its self? Have you had any consruction or repairs done?
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
That is a very frightening story, and I will have to read the one about your neighbors house,
Thanks for sharing your story with us and I hope you find out what the problem is...
Linkrules2008 (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
I'm spartan070's sister and I just wanted to say that maybe he does want you to leave because he might be used to living with very different people. He also might be too attached to his life to let someone else live in that house.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Thanks for sharring this story with us. I hate to say it but I don't know a lot about dreams. I wish I could help you here but this subject is a little too much for me. I always believe that a dream is a dream. They can be pleasent or they can be scary. I do think that there are many strange things in dreams that can noty be explained like deja vu but only that has happened to me and nothing more. But I know that there are others who will help. Thanks again for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Aretho (1 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
So why did you try to talk to him? What were you going to say?

How did he look? You surely must have painted him on a paper?
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
I can't believe that you dreamt of going to work, going through the whole day at work, coming home and going to bed and then dealing with something paranormal. It just sounds odd to me.

My dreams are never as detailed as the one you described. My dreams are always a compilation of weird stuff. I might start off going to work, but it ends up being an amusement park and I realize I forget my swimsuit and I go to the bathroom and suddenly I'm in my aun't cousin's friend's roommate's house and then I forget that I'm supposed to be taking a math test in high school and I have to call my boss and tell him I'll be late for work.
Spartan070 (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
maybe hes adjusting to you being in your neighbors house. My sis says maybe he wants you to leave.
scaredshitless14 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
and I found a mistake...

I think it might be the ghost I might have encountered in my neighbor's house years ago
scaredshitless14 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
I forgot to mention something...

I'm thinking maybe that the little boy might be trying to tell me something, maybe through this dream I've been having. I don't know what that might be though. If anyone has any ideas, please tell me.

Robert

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: