You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghost In The Picture

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost In The Picture

 

My name is Baylee, I'm 15 years old. This is my story.

I was at my Grandparents house in Oklahoma and my family and I were all going out to eat. We were all loaded up in the car expect for my grandpa, so I ran back into the house to get him. When I got into the living room, I called down the hall for him and he said that he was in the bathroom and he would be out in a few, and also asked for me to wait for him as I turned around, I thought I saw somebody move really quick, but I just blew it off thinking my bangs just got in the way.

While I waited, I picked up my camera and decided to take random pictures. I took one with my hand under my chin and I was kind of looking up. After I took it, I looked at the picture and there was a transparent figure beside me. It looked like a little girl. You could not see her face, only half her body, you can perfectly see where her sleeve ended and her arm began and, she looked like she was holding something wooden, she was wearing a white dress with ruffles.

When I realized what I was looking at, I screamed and ran out of the room and I showed my grandma and she said that two pictures must have just overlaid, but I have a Sony Cyber Shot digital camera, with digital cameras the pictures can not overlay.

This happened several weeks ago and hardly anyone believes me, just my cousin and my aunt. My mom seems like she believes it, but she just will not admit it. I do not know what it was or how it got there because no one has ever died in my Grandparents house.

I do not know what is going on in my grandparent's house or weather it is good or evil, I only know what I have on my camera.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dinosaur1993, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

samialyssa14 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-01)
I have had a similar thing happen

I was only a little kid so I don't remember but my parents and sister have told me on Christmas a while back my parents took a picture of my sister and I playing but when they had the pictures developed there was another little girl sitting and playing with us she looked a lot like us and about a year younger than my sister but the thing is the girl was only in the picture for one day and then the picture was back to normal and another thing is that my mom had a miscarriage a year after my sister was born they think the girl in the picture was her but do you think that is possible? Sorry for putting this as a comment but I don't want to forget it and I would if I didn't but at least its similar
osyka (7 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
Hi dinosaur 1993,

You have an interesting story here. A very similar thing happened to me when once I took a photograph and a man came in the shot and it also was a digital camera. I think I agree with other posters here, can you please publish the photograph for us to comment? Apart from that, is the dress the girl is wearing a modern one or does it seem from an other era?

Take Care

Charmaine
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
I like everyone hear would like to see the picture. It would be very interesting. I think with out it we can't say anything. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
Send the picture in with the story and we can help you more. Also, it could be a reflection like whitebuffalo said. Also, think about where the house was located and look up the area. Starting from the earilist times and to the most recent. Hope this helps! Nice story btw.
Nikki1990 (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
You should send the picture in. I have a picture where something is standing next to my om when she was pregnant with me in my grandmothers house.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
Ruling out an overlay, simply in the fact that this is a digital camera, how about a reflection? The story does not say, but is there a chance that someone wandered back to see what was taking the two of you so long, got "stuck" in the photography (with or without their knowledge) but just walked away once they saw you were busy?
Just another thought. I have no clue, as I can not see the photograph. If possible, I would try to submit it to this story. You may get more help than what you bargained for. 😊
Thank you.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
HI, cool story. Don't worry it not evil. Because ghost can't hurt you. Remmber that. Anyway you should look up the history of that house before your grandma and grandpa got there. You might find the anwer you seek.
GIRLIE#: (: 😁 😆
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
Try posting the picture,dinosaur1993.I would be happy to examine it if you want to.

You said something about the little spirit of the girl holding something wooden, do you know what it is?

I'll be waiting for answers my dear friend...
Ryo (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
Hey, baylee! I think the little girl is trying to catch your attention, maybe she's needed help, or maybe there's something in your grandparents house that lead to the little girl, maybe some history that you didn't know...
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Sounds interesting. I agree with the others, send it in. I want to see too! 😭
Spartan070 (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Since I have been getting into ghost stuff, I have been a lot more sensitive to where ghosts are and stuff like that, and I have been having fantasies that scare the sh! T out of me when I think of them. And one of the fantasies is exactly what happened to you. And, I would like to see the picture.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
I would also love to see this picture.

Has any one that you have shown the picture to recognized the girl or given any indication that they have seen anything or had any experiences in the home?

God Bless!
Karyn (1 stories) (63 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
I would truly love to see the picture! Maybe she was trying to communicate with you?
Linkrules2008 (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
I don't think that the ghost is evil. I have a lot of spirits in my house. Good and bad. I could probably tell by the picture.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Hello dinosaur1993. Do you still have the picture, if so send it in and Martin can put it with your story. I am sure that quite a few people would be interested in seeing it. I know that I would. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
laus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Thanks for sharing with us, 😊 its a very interesting story, do you have the picture to put up?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: