You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Two Experiences 3

Real Ghost Stories

My Two Experiences 3

 

In order to understand the following you may need to read "My two experiences" and "My two experiences 2". Since these experiences have started I have tried to gather some past information on my house, I have even joined in on a local ghost tour so as I could get a better understanding of the Blue Mountains possible connection to paranormal events. I have to say though my searching has brought minimal results.

I guess the only item of interest is that the previous occupant was an old lady who lived as a virtual recluse, keeping no company except the occasional cat (neighbor's feedback). When I bought the place it was considerably run down hence my need to renovate in the last couple of years. If it is in fact the old lady hanging on then I could possibly link that to the presence sitting on my bed, although I am struggling to find a connection with the remaining events I have previously mentioned.

I have previously stated that I am no longer worried about these events in fact I have become quite interested in what is going on and with all that is happening I am still happy to discover that some if not all my have a normal/natural explanations (although the guitar incident is going to have need some serious explanation to convince me that it was normal). I guess the only thing that unnerves me a bit is something that I lightly touched on in my last post.

Most recently I have heard whispering in the spare bedroom, only slight to the point where you could mistake it for something else, I could almost pass it off if it were not for the fact that the couple of times I have heard this whispering, it seems to cease when the light is turned on.

This room used to be part of the original verandah however I have since closed it off and added a wall so as to make it a room for guests, not sure if this relevant just thought it was worth mentioning. With this whispering noise I could not make out any kind of voice or words, just a hushed almost comical "psst" sound.

This probably concludes my posts on this site as I have pretty much shared all that has gone on.

All in all I have been grateful to have had these experiences as they have considerably opened my mind. If anything of significance happens in the future I will be sure to let you all know.

Other hauntings by sittingonthefence

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sittingonthefence, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

sittingonthefence (6 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
Yeah I think it was funny that they called it my "two experiences 3". I had originally called it "more occurrences" and "more occurrences 2" but for some reason that didn't stick, not sure why the website people changed it. I like the tape idea I think I will do that, if anything should be picked up I will put it on this site.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
Thank you for sharring another interesting story with us. I believe that it may be hard to distinguish the truth about your encounters. I was in the same place to and it maybe hard sometimes to claim if something is paranormal or not. But the most important thing is to explain some things to your self. If you believe that there is a chance to explain some things then that good but try not to explain everything if it doesn't add up. Because in that case you may be dening the truth. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Does anyone else find the title 'My Two Experiences (#) 3' as funny as I do? No? Well it's about the second funniest thing I've heard this morning.

Sitttingonthefence, it definately sounds like a haunting, no questions there. But as long as your room-mate isn't causing any harm I'd say let it be.

You could look at it as a blessing. You have the opportunity to study something beyond the realm of known science. Lucky you.

I had an odd experience myself North of the Blue Mountains in Southern QLD (dark figure with a red eye). Ghosts love the country side. 😉
Karyn (1 stories) (63 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
If the whispering continues, maybe try to put a tape recorder in there with a blank tape and just let it run until it runs out. You might be suprised at what you get on it and maybe have an explanation. Your stories were great and very well written.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Hello sittingonthefence. Only you can decide for sure if what you have experienced is paranormal or not. It has been a pleasure reading about your experiences. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: